Recent Topics

Ads

Resist debuff stacking [sorc/BW]

Let's talk about... everything else
geezereur

Re: Resist debuff stacking [sorc/BW]

Post#11 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:13 pm

They should stack auras + tactic also on bw but then again I dont know if they nerfed it before.

Ads
sogeou

Post#12 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:35 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:20 pm I researched the github and forums (searched for BW tactic name and Sorc tactic name and checked for any posts with patchnotes including these and there was none) before i made this post.
Also i tested on my sorc with a chosen resist debuffing the target, and later on a Magus. to confirm this tactic was infact stacking with external abilities, which it did. i didnt test sorc + sorc as i didnt assume tactic + tatic would work based on the rules of stacking on ror.

I then crossed over and tested the exact same on order, bw tactic didnt stack with knight nor engineer.
Nothing has been mentioned on forums in patchnotes in the duration of RoR about "ignition" being nerfed to not stack, like the ASW initiative stacking which was nerfed despite the rules of ability + morale + tactic.
I remember that BW resist debuff stacked not working on ROR for long as I remember. I remember in live it got adjusted because of all the zero resist deaths. Not sure what ROR could have changed which has it broken as of now, but this is a mythic game.

https://imgur.com/a/Lw9vgJu

Only two sorcs and a shaman attacking me. Removed all my resist nothing else around me as I was far away.

oaliaen

Post#13 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Hmm so, Sorcs gave Magic Rampage? Nice

Omegus

Post#14 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:00 pm

Tactic and ability stacking is so inconsistant in this game that I have given up trying to test it. Is it a unique tactic effect? Is it a direct-stat tactic effect? Is it modifying an ability with extra effects? Is it granting an ability-like effect? Does it stack with other versions of itself?

All questions that need to be asked, and lots not applied consistantly. The rule of (highest ability or potion) + (all tactics) + (all morales) often feels like a myth.

Also regarding searching the forums: the forums are broken and there are lots of sections - including the changelogs - which cannot be searched properly. In addition, there were loads of changes made in ye olde balance section which didn't get full patchnotes which also cannot be searched properly. For some things I've found the random italian version of the patch notes (which can be searched for), and then used the date to find the English one manually in the Changelogs forum section.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

kmark101

Post#15 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:43 am

This is an old balance issue that was discussed last time when Chosen had the crazy spirit damage dealing spree going on like a year ago. This triple stacking was the issue that caused Chosens to do stupidly high damage with their full spirit damage tactic. Back then it was also discussed that order does not have a similar debuff stack hence the elemental damage knight (or the BW in this case) can't do even remotely close damage. Same issue here again.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Elemint

Post#16 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:05 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:20 pm I researched the github and forums (searched for BW tactic name and Sorc tactic name and checked for any posts with patchnotes including these and there was none) before i made this post.
Also i tested on my sorc with a chosen resist debuffing the target, and later on a Magus. to confirm this tactic was infact stacking with external abilities, which it did. i didnt test sorc + sorc as i didnt assume tactic + tatic would work based on the rules of stacking on ror.

I then crossed over and tested the exact same on order, bw tactic didnt stack with knight nor engineer.
Nothing has been mentioned on forums in patchnotes in the duration of RoR about "ignition" being nerfed to not stack, like the ASW initiative stacking which was nerfed despite the rules of ability + morale + tactic.
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18960

Fenris78

Post#17 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:12 am

I now understand how we got so easily obliterated by multiple sorcs. In combination of the AoE spirit debuff from the magus in static environments, if those are stacking too (Magus skill + Sorc tactic debuffs) its pointless to have spirit res since you will get about 800 debuff...

Magic/armor debuffs should never stack, on any ciscumstance ; armor buff cannot stack afaik (Regenerative shielding / M2 Mountain Spirit buffs from runepriest DONT stack together nor with armor pot, despite being tactic and Morale), so it's only fair if debuffs dont stack either.

We already face very high damage against a mitigation of about 40% maximum, debuff of 400+ is already uber strong against pretty much any maxed out resistance (from 40 to 20% basically) wich is already nuts by itself (it's like hitting the 75% armor penetration with ONE tactic), so please can we at least avoid the stacking debuffs ?

Not to mention we barely have synergies like magus/sorc/zealot Order side, and you understand we are facing more than a simple bug issue here.

Spectre013

Post#18 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:35 am

i think this applies to all debuffs. I noticed on BHA and life leaka aswell

Ads
Xerbolak

Post#19 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 am

I think there is two questions in this:

1. Should debuffs and/or buffs stack at all,

and, if so,

2. Shouldnt that be consistent on all classes, abilities, tactics, etc. ?

In my opinion, if the answer to question 1 is YES, then the answer to question 2 must also be YES in regard of balance and fairness.
As it looks now with the issues stated above that is not the case and puts the sorc at a serious advantage over the bw as far as timestamping goes.

Panel

Post#20 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:34 am

Oh how i love it when someone opens a can of worms - this explains so much.