Recent Topics

Ads

Resist debuff stacking [sorc/BW]

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Resist debuff stacking [sorc/BW]

Post#1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Hello ,

After I started putting more time and effort into my Sorc lately I found myself dealing "too" much damage at times at the point where i started looking into some of the details.
It turns out that Sorc's Shadow of disaster (spirit debuff on Chillwind) tactic is stacking with other resist debuffs such as Chosens resist aura, or Magus' spirit debuff DoT.

This in itself is not really an issue (unless you think Sorc's timestamps are too high, which there is an arguement for!)
But the rules for interaction and stacking on RoR as ive understood them are: Abilities + Tactics + morales, are allowed to stack (apart from ASW initi debuff becuase that was OP?)

So after I ran some tests on both realms, it appear that Sorc's tactic is stacking with abilities and morales from Zealo m1. Guess we all knew that after we have been hit by a Talon + timestamp.
But on Order and on Brightwizard, the Ignition tactic is not stacking with Knights resist aura nor Engineer's Acid bomb corp debuff.

Now before this turns in to "but your mirror has X so therefor Y" Im simply just wondering if this has been done on purpose on BW or if this is unintented for Sorcs?
I've checked the forum patchnotes archive, and couldnt find any patchnotes topic mentioning Ignition nor Shadow of Disaster.
After finding this out i reported it to Github, and been talking to 2-3 other "caster players" who have rr80 BW & sorc and i would think of them as slightly unbiased to any realm and just playing for kills and pvp.

Granted how the Brightwizard leaderboard is looking so far from season2. I wonder if this potentially unintented "bug" is what is holding BW back compared to Sorcs who seem to fare better in soloqueue enviroment.

What do you guys think in the community, should both have the ASW treatment and not have the resists debuffs stack? or should BW get on the same lvl as sorcs with tactic stacking?
have a good day!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
sogeou

Re: Resist debuff stacking [sorc/BW]

Post#2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:54 pm

I made a post about this in that sorc thread. I have an AM which has 700 resist. Was getting hit by a two sorcs and my resist were under 100. I was not hit with a zel M1 and don't think I had a magus debuff on me. I posted my picture with damage and resist. There is 100% a stacking issue going on.

Hienzwar

Post#3 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Its a fair question as potentially unintended, imagine most would desire the stack however you will have that "mirror" debate raise and roll.

Interesting if BW's got that but the power scale would certainly slide imho.

Gatto

Post#4 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:05 pm

well, the rule is simple, ability+tact+morale stacks, so BW tact should work like the sorc one.
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

sogeou

Post#5 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Gatto wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:05 pm well, the rule is simple, ability+tact+morale stacks, so BW tact should work like the sorc one.
Sorc is stacking with Ability + Ability. So, it is more like fixing bug.

Gatto

Post#6 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:45 pm

the debuff come from the tact tho, not from the ability it self no? the same happen with RP armor debuff tatc stacking with any other armor debuff ability
sdk.flm.

sogeou

Post#7 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Gatto wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:45 pm the debuff come from the tact tho, not from the ability it self no? the same happen with RP armor debuff tatc stacking with any other armor debuff ability
BW's was removed because it was to strong. Same was with sorc at one point. The problem is the sorc one was stacking with other sorcs. That is what I noticed.

Gatto

Post#8 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 pm

sogeou wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Gatto wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:45 pm the debuff come from the tact tho, not from the ability it self no? the same happen with RP armor debuff tatc stacking with any other armor debuff ability
BW's was removed because it was to strong. Same was with sorc at one point. The problem is the sorc one was stacking with other sorcs. That is what I noticed.
i cant find in any patch notes that ignition tact was changed, and for the sorc stacking with other sorcs, do you have any screen of you testing it?
sdk.flm.

Ads
sogeou

Post#9 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Gatto wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:01 pm
i cant find in any patch notes that ignition tact was changed, and for the sorc stacking with other sorcs, do you have any screen of you testing it?
Bombling posted about it. I have screen shots of it and my resist and 100% of my resist removed from two sorcs hitting me. Which should not be possible due to the amount of resist I have.

wonshot

Post#10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:20 pm

I researched the github and forums (searched for BW tactic name and Sorc tactic name and checked for any posts with patchnotes including these and there was none) before i made this post.
Also i tested on my sorc with a chosen resist debuffing the target, and later on a Magus. to confirm this tactic was infact stacking with external abilities, which it did. i didnt test sorc + sorc as i didnt assume tactic + tatic would work based on the rules of stacking on ror.

I then crossed over and tested the exact same on order, bw tactic didnt stack with knight nor engineer.
Nothing has been mentioned on forums in patchnotes in the duration of RoR about "ignition" being nerfed to not stack, like the ASW initiative stacking which was nerfed despite the rules of ability + morale + tactic.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO