Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked MMR drop from missing a pop

Let's talk about... everything else
doky

Ranked MMR drop from missing a pop

Post#1 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Why do I get a loss recorded and -120mmr from missing a ranked sc pop? how is not playing a match a loss? Iam destro ranged dps and have to waith 1 hour to pop... no wonder you can miss a pop with that rate... what a crap punishment system

Ads
Twyxx

Re: Ranked MMR drop from missing a pop

Post#2 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Yea I was in the bathroom and missed after being in que for 45mins and lost 200 mmr :)

agemennon675

Post#3 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:54 pm

I agree it takes too long for some careers to get a ranked pop but if there was no punishment for missing or rejecting the pop people would try to get in the same match with their friends and guildies and abuse the system, I am sure some players queue at the same time to do that already.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Littleone

Post#4 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:54 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:54 pm I agree it takes too long for some careers to get a ranked pop but if there was no punishment for missing or rejecting the pop people would try to get in the same match with their friends and guildies and abuse the system, I am sure some players queue at the same time to do that already.
Not being able to que for 20 minutes sounds enough punishment to me. I mean for ranged dps on destro side it sometimes takes hours to get a single pop. SO you either dont que or wait infront of your screen with your eyes wide open for hours.. I have 15 loses so far and 10 of them are either from DCs or missing games. Not encouraging at all.

Marchmain

Post#5 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:48 am

Is there not a way to make some sort of chime or bell noise when a scenario queue pops? There have been times when I looked away for a minute to look up something on my other computer or went into the other room to quickly do something and almost missed a queue. A noise warning you that the queue popped up would really help.

BluIzLucky

Post#6 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:09 am

Spoiler:
Marchmain wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:48 am Is there not a way to make some sort of chime or bell noise when a scenario queue pops? There have been times when I looked away for a minute to look up something on my other computer or went into the other room to quickly do something and almost missed a queue. A noise warning you that the queue popped up would really help.
It's the mod called Scenario Alerter.
If you instal it, I suggest putting a shortcut in the startup folder so it starts automatically (hold windows key + R and type: shell:startup).

But on principle.. how you are rated shouldn't be determined AT ALL by things outside actually winning or losing. There're many other ways to prevent queue stacking if devs think it's a problem.. until then they really need to make clear on the q pop text that leaving/missing is counted as a loss.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Caduceus

Post#7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:42 am

It's sad how something like this is punished so harshly, whereas queue stacking and cherry picking isn't punished at all.

1 hr queue, can't even take a piss without having to worry about losing a day's worth of mmr.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz