Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter help

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

Witch Hunter help

Post#1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Finally got to 20, in mostly lvl 19 greens, but I never remember T2 being this hard. I don't seem to have enough dps to kill anyone, even fresh level 12 squig herders seem pose a serious threat.

build / rotation

5 points in judgement, AA + STR tactics, torment main skill, burn heretic as an opener to get heal debuff/ini debuff, and after that is basically torment spam till 5 point abso, or a 1-4 abso to re apply the heal debuff. And of course situational disarm, silence, feinted positioning, or CC immunity pop.

There is no way I can frontline as this class w/o premade healing and gaurd, trying to get a pick in the back lines almost always results in a detaunt then peel from one of their tanks. Meaning I have to run away or die, and running away means running to absolutely no where since to get back to your team you would have to run through the enemy.

Is the class just weak without the masteries? Or is RDPS/Tanks just more desirable in T2 in general?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
spitzworth

Re: Witch Hunter help

Post#2 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:40 pm

The reason you're finding it so hard is cause on WAR retail people hit 20/21 then just buggered off to Tier 3.

Because we're stuck on Tier 2 for now, it is essentially end game. This mean people spend hours learning the best way to play their career at R21 and find the best gear for that level, which never really happened in live cause why not just go on to Tier 3?

Basically, my point is that you're on Tier 2 and playing people who have had far more experience of T2 than anyone ever had when WAR retail was live.

Make sense?

Conclusion: hang in there. Keep learning your career at Tier 2 and find some nice gear.
Last edited by spitzworth on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:45 pm

I thought of that, but there really isn't any thing I can think of to increase dps besides better gear.

There is only 3 skills worth using in the main dps rotation, its not that much to learn at all.

IDK for reference it seems like my torments do 150-250 damage depending on the targets toughness, auto attacks deal 50-150 damage. What are you guys pulling off on other classes?

Lileldys

Post#4 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:24 pm

My Witch Elf crits around 300-350 with 400 strength and 2 Woe daggers on Agonizing Wound

Jaycub

Post#5 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:30 pm

We are about the same then, asked a couple witch hunters in game and it seems the same for them too. I think the problem is in live you were lucky to have 1 healer in party... but for some reason every SC both sides have 2-3 in each. Seems like you need an organized train to kill anything, maybe BW/Sorc is the best dps class for this type of meta? Since they can backload huge amounts of damage by timing everything perfectly w/ BB/WoP?

Lileldys

Post#6 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:38 pm

You can burst around 2k-2.5k with 100 dark magic and BB/WoP tactic which isn't quite enough to 100-0 people yet

Jaycub

Post#7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:41 pm

That's still pretty good, if you have any kind of assistance they are dead.

magter3001

Post#8 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:44 pm

My advice is, stay together with the group. If you assist a tank or another mdps I think you will find a little more success. I strongly advise to abandon trying to solo people, unless you're in the lakes of course. Even healers can be quiet tanky.

If you find another WH in your group, I would just shadow him. Wherever he goes, I got too.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ads
Jaycub

Post#9 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:45 pm

ya, now that I think about it too there are no incoming heal debuffs in t2, which is probably why it is impossible to kill anyone. Even if you have a wh/we putting outgoing heal debuff on a healer there is always 2 more to heal him up.

spitzworth

Post#10 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:00 am

No MMO is designed to be balanced at mid-game level. Devs have a hard enough time balancing classes at end-game. Just gotta accept that T2 and T3 won't be balanced.