Recent Topics

Ads

Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Let's talk about... everything else
MonkeyHead

Re: Review of Solo Ranked Pre-Season 2

Post#71 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:44 pm

I can't get any read on what metrics the Devs use to balance anything in this game. Or what game mode they get the data from.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#72 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Tyrean wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:07 pm Can it be changed so that solo players clicking 'join all scenarios' are not put in solo ranked and that you have to open the ranked UI and queue from there to join. Have had some losses where we have had a player that did not want to be in ranked and had no idea what to do and cost the fight, two even said "I don't want to be here" it is costing mmr for people wanting to do ranked and not fun for the people getting flamed that just wanted a normal sc pop.
When you join all just right click the icon and you can leave the solo ranked queue

Tyrean

Post#73 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:29 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm
Tyrean wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:07 pm Can it be changed so that solo players clicking 'join all scenarios' are not put in solo ranked and that you have to open the ranked UI and queue from there to join. Have had some losses where we have had a player that did not want to be in ranked and had no idea what to do and cost the fight, two even said "I don't want to be here" it is costing mmr for people wanting to do ranked and not fun for the people getting flamed that just wanted a normal sc pop.
When you join all just right click the icon and you can leave the solo ranked queue
You can but a lot of people don’t, better they just weren’t put in ranked queue to start with and the only way to join is by using the ranked UI queue button.
Voidz - Magus RR84
Gorukz - Choppa RR85
Zoldrax - Chosen RR82
Zurgz - Shaman RR75

Vonz - Bright Wizard RR76
Kreedz - Witch Hunter RR57
Tyrean - KoTBS RR34
Koldarr - Slayer RR66

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#74 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Tyrean wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:29 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm
You can but a lot of people don’t, better they just weren’t put in ranked queue to start with and the only way to join is by using the ranked UI queue button.
I think it's part of the feeding for those "Playing at the highest level" ;)

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#75 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:57 am

Solo Ranked: solo and ranked are words that shouldnt be in same sentence (only for 1Vs1 arena)...at least if you are looking for (real) competitive gameplay...also, if you lock BiS items behind ranked a lot players who dont want to play ranked will start "the ranked grind" to get their BiS...so its expected the income of "noobs" into ranked scene.

Slayers: slayers are perfectly balanced and rampage is working as intended since 12 years...all this claiming about slayers is purely FORUM DRAMA and devs dont make balance decisions based on forum drama (except when the drama come from destro buffs, in that case are reverted asap)...so, sorry (not sorry) but slayers are OK.

Spectre013

Post#76 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:18 am

i find slayers okaysh. Honestly drama comes from ppl who maybe attack tanks in scenario with 4 healers healing them (lol saw many of these) then scream in cpas about OPORDEROMG!
Slayers got good damage, but their mobility is pathetic at best and if not babysitted still implodes very fast. WL do not have aoe capacity of slayers, yet compensate with lotsa mobility for example.
Solo Ranked: solo and ranked are words that shouldnt be in same sentence (only for 1Vs1 arena)...at least if you are looking for (real) competitive gameplay...also, if you lock BiS items behind ranked a lot players who dont want to play ranked will start "the ranked grind" to get their BiS...so its expected the income of "noobs" into ranked scene.
I do not agree here.
Having 6v6 ranked should be where classes balance and design should rotate. RVR is just mindless zerg and create delivery and affirming that "classes are balanced on rvr" is like in wow says "Classes are balanced in alterac valley" which, frankly, is pathetic. With scaling gear (sentinel etc) casters lost lotsa terrain over melee train and, in fact, the "meta" now , especially in ranked, is full melee dps. Ranged will have a very hard time find their niche there (which the graph in page 1 demonstrates). Just my 2 cents idea.

p00ky

Post#77 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:49 pm
p00ky wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:47 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:44 am

Teefz makes it worthy cos he plays most ranked in AUS time with buddies doesnt he :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Im scared to point out how strong slayers are cos with the devs we have, they might buff them further :D
The fact everyone knows he plays with a premade in solo's is just funny.
Well the biggest joke about "SOLO" ranked in this game is the amount of people who, in discord voice chat with friend, get in same matches together over and over. When its only 6 ppl fight and a dps + tank or double dps on one side are on voice disc, the timing of punts/knockdowns/switch focus targets etc compared to the true solo players is so noticble that the advantage is game breaking.

But hey, it is what it is and its not going to change to the better :mrgreen:

p00ky

Post#78 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:45 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:57 am Solo Ranked: solo and ranked are words that shouldnt be in same sentence (only for 1Vs1 arena)...at least if you are looking for (real) competitive gameplay...also, if you lock BiS items behind ranked a lot players who dont want to play ranked will start "the ranked grind" to get their BiS...so its expected the income of "noobs" into ranked scene.

Slayers: slayers are perfectly balanced and rampage is working as intended since 12 years...all this claiming about slayers is purely FORUM DRAMA and devs dont make balance decisions based on forum drama (except when the drama come from destro buffs, in that case are reverted asap)...so, sorry (not sorry) but slayers are OK.
They work fine if you play them you mean :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just check the stats and forget the drama, numbers dont lie!

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#79 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:22 am

so just wondering how the drama and ranked is going? I dont do ranked myself however this week I was checking Leaderboards and it seems now all the stats that was being used as evidence has drastically changed. Just ranked dying off or something else that has caused a drastic and swift change to leaders ??
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

TreefAM

Post#80 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:07 am

just git gud