Recent Topics

Ads

Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
Goermsi

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#21 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:34 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm detaunt it.
Better yet, give it some aggression. You'll be amazed at how fast a Sorc / BW stop blowing people up if it's being hit by something.
Totally agree. Detaunt. First take a look at your own nose and see how much protection you get. A DD who has a 0 at the end of a scenario is also a 0-skilled player and doesn't need to complain if he often lies in the dirt.
With a little pressure on the ranger, his readiness for a good rota quickly decreases, you just mustn't hesitate. Once in close combat, the BW and Sorc tend to lose out.

That said, guys, you're talking about Gloom. Endgame gear is coming at you. It's okay if the jack does a bit more damage than the standard Conqueror Sorc.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
normanis

Post#22 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm

they can still kite u and sorc must have 100 dm to crit hard. i suggest use what i have seen and used my self. knock down +poison arrow with vengeance and that new abilitie what makes ap more damage.
p.s in some video poison arrow crited also hard 2-3k
p.s.s u can still use shadowstep to proc defences and throat shot is still good
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

pikon77

Post#23 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm This isn't anything new - Sorcs and BW's have the ability to timestamp. That's the class in a nutshell. They need a guard and they need a healer if they want to reliably do it. So needing 3 classes to perform a timestamp on one player imho isn't an issue. If you see a sorc target you, detaunt it.

Better yet, give it some aggression. You'll be amazed at how fast a Sorc / BW stop blowing people up if it's being hit by something.
Sorc != BW. I tried to explain that several times in here. Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge. You just can't put Sorcs and BWs on par. They are not. Not when it comes to single target damage. That makes the sorc the highest dps class in the game. More dps means in this case that it is more likely to get the kill and more likely that a healer or the player is not fast enough to counter. Beside that a sorc is almost never alone.

Good sorcs will continue to blow things up, even if hit. With the exception of the 1s gloombust pretty much everything is instant and can be used on the move.

And why is it ok for a sorc to have 13000 3s burst on a dummy when a SW - which is also a squishy dps class - can only do a 1/3 of it?
Last edited by pikon77 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelang

Post#24 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge.And why is it ok for a sorc to have 3500dps when a squishy SW only have 1000 max?
I just want to ask if you have any testing evidence and data to support these figures? Or did you just pull them out of nowhere.

Genuine question - I'm curious.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Gatto

Post#25 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:26 pm This isn't anything new - Sorcs and BW's have the ability to timestamp. That's the class in a nutshell. They need a guard and they need a healer if they want to reliably do it. So needing 3 classes to perform a timestamp on one player imho isn't an issue. If you see a sorc target you, detaunt it.

Sorc != BW. I tried to explain that several times in here. Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge. You just can't put Sorcs and BWs on par. They are not. Not when it comes to single target damage. That makes the sorc the highest dps class in the game. More dps means in this case that it is more likely to get the kill and more likely that a healer or the player is not fast enough to counter. Beside that a sorc is almost never alone.

Good sorcs will continue to blow things up, even if hit. With the exception of the 1s gloombust pretty much everything is instant and can be used on the move.

And why is it ok for a sorc to have 3500dps when a squishy SW only have 1000 max?
does the SW blow up for half hes hp with a single rotation?
sdk.flm.

"nerf Rock, Paper is fine." -Scissors

b00n

Post#26 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Sorc != BW. I tried to explain that several times in here. Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge. You just can't put Sorcs and BWs on par. They are not. Not when it comes to single target damage.
A BW can heal debuff, can knockdown and knockback... a sorc can root and detaunt that's it. If you really think a sorc is that op, try one... Enjoy getting jumped by every White lion and witch hunter.

As stated by others, detaunt, heal, guard, cleanse and the sorc burst is manageable. And in this rare case instead of Futile Strikes, Trivial Blows is an option.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

teiloh

Post#27 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:51 pm

The issue faced here is that Sorcs debuff more of their single target rotation on their self-debuff damage type (Spirit), which also helps Chosen and DoK.

The BW versions (Sear and Nova) are Elemental, and thus don't benefit from the self debuff. Sorcs can also access -360 debuffs on these abilities, as well as most of their AOE from Magus. There are no elemental debuffs that strong on Order and the only reliable one is a 30 range debuff around Knights.

Likewise you could have been debuffed by Zealot M1. Destro overall can stack -1200-1300 resists with it.

teiloh

Post#28 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:53 pm

b00n wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:48 pm A BW can heal debuff, can knockdown and knockback... a sorc can root and detaunt that's it. If you really think a sorc is that op, try one... Enjoy getting jumped by every White lion and witch hunter.

As stated by others, detaunt, heal, guard, cleanse and the sorc burst is manageable. And in this rare case instead of Futile Strikes, Trivial Blows is an option.
PWF went from a super strong ability to one of the weakest heal debuffs in the game (outshined by Shaman), and SDR is counter-synergistic. Disarm and ranged snare are core for Sorcs. There is also probably no BW in the history of ROR with both Backdraft and SDR.

Ads
pikon77

Post#29 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm
pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:43 pm Having around 30% more ST damage as sorc is huge.And why is it ok for a sorc to have 3500dps when a squishy SW only have 1000 max?
I just want to ask if you have any testing evidence and data to support these figures? Or did you just pull them out of nowhere.

Well, the best to support these figures is Zarbix. He has a sorc and a bw, both rr80+ with equal gear. If he can do 13000 3s burst on a dummy with the sorc and only around 8000 3s with the BW then something is odd here. He also tried both in ranked matches. They are both not doing that great in that environment but the sorcs have at least the higher chances of getting a kill.

Beside from that it is obvisous when you are looking at the sorc abilities. Gloomburst and Impending doom are both hitting harder then the BW version because they are also spirit damage, which the sorc can debuff. With the BW sear and nova you are hitting the full resis. Sorcs also have Swell of Gloom tactic and a 10% damage buff on a focused target.

There is no question about it. Sorc is hitting noticable harder.

Kaelang

Post#30 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:04 pm

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Well, the best to support these figures is Zarbix. He has a sorc and a bw, both rr80+ with equal gear. If he can do 13000 3s burst on a dummy with the sorc and only around 8000 3s with the BW then something is odd here. He also tried both in ranked matches. They are both not doing that great in that environment but the sorcs have at least the higher chances of getting a kill.

Beside from that it is obvisous when you are looking at the sorc abilities. Gloomburst and Impending doom are both hitting harder then the BW version because they are also spirit damage, which the sorc can debuff. With the BW sear and nova you are hitting the full resis. Sorcs also have Swell of Gloom tactic and a 10% damage buff on a focused target.

There is no question about it. Sorc is hitting noticable harder.
So the answer is no. You've actually got no data or testing to back up any of the claims you're making. You've seen a few videos and concluded there's a huge balance problem.

It's also interesting your account was made today with the sole purpose to create this thread and has no characters allocated to it. If I'd have spotted this initially before the thread gained traction as it has - I'd have probably dismissed the entire thing and locked it up. Yet somehow we've got some form of conversation going on here with the community so I'm keeping the thread open so people can chime in - but I'm watching where it's headed.

Feedback is one thing - and it's always appreciated. Creating accounts to cause drama however isn't.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.