Recent Topics

Ads

I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Let's talk about... everything else
BeautfulToad

Re: I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Post#21 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:04 pm

If you playing Black Orc, concentrate on building up your defences, and guard your group members from attacks!

Tank is a nice newb friendly class. Use a sword and shield, and maximise your defensive stats.

You might be able to read a guide on tanks, but 2handed tanks, even when really lategame, struggle to do a ton of damage (though some really good players can do it!). Focus on surviving, not killing, and learn how to guard. In scenarios look at the "Protection" score, you want to be very high in this score.

Ads
Tom

Post#22 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 pm

Lots of comments already so will just pick up on one thing you mentioned, the feeling that it only takes a look from a pet to kill you.. yes your stats will be bolstered, however, as a low level tank you will be VERY sensitive to any armor debuffs landed by high level enemies - it is going to take a big chunk out of your armor, so just keep an eye out for that.. if armor debuffed.. play safe(r) until its run out.

Earthcake

Post#23 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:34 am

I'll also advise you to read this :

https://cakesplan.wordpress.com/2021/05 ... -struggle/

You are out of T1 but the same things apply until lvl20 and even 22. But to be fair, many classes are bad before 20.

Kragg

Post#24 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:01 am

Drys wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm I've suggested in the past (and will here again) that the Tier 2 single-keep zones could be reverted to 16-39 zones to make for an easier leveling and introduction to RVR for new people. Currently, not only do newer players need to contend with learning about keeps and siege mechanics, but they also need to go up against fully geared out 40/80s. The T3-T4 zones can remain available to R16-39, but a dedicated "learner" zone may be helpful. The T3 zones can open when the city is under siege as a place for 40s to go if they're not doing city.
Horrible idea.

The population to support this is just not there. It will be PvE door like in the past. Not to mention you are taking away 6 zones of the main campaign in favour of people who are levelling.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

necrolord666

Post#25 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:35 pm

At least scenario brackets would be amazing to have.

This is my day 3 in ROR, we are a team of t2, 17-22 lvls getting smashed in IC scenario by a team of 37lvls.

That ain't pvp.

shoelessHN

Post#26 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:45 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:35 pm At least scenario brackets would be amazing to have.

This is my day 3 in ROR, we are a team of t2, 17-22 lvls getting smashed in IC scenario by a team of 37lvls.

That ain't pvp.
I'm shocked that after 3 days you haven't mastered the game.

Parallell86

Post#27 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:54 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm Hi!
Joined 2-3 days ago, went through tier1, which was an absolute smash, i loved it very much, now i reached 16rr and had to tier2.

So... i deal zero dmg, their bars don't move, everyone just autoattack kills me, going solo for orvr is a suicide, white lion pet just looks at me and i'm dead,
everyone seems to be 40 and i'm farmed.

I feel like a fifth wheel for my teammates, trying my best, guarding healers, in t1 i was already rocking tables (coming from wow high ranking arenas, i love to compete)

What should i do? how can i improve with my gear now to stand a chance vs those players?
Spoiler:
Being new and dealing with this can be frustrating I imagine. Alot of players here who played for years can reroll and walk through it blindfolded. A few and simple tips:
- Try to keep your gear updated. There are merchants in Inevitable City, Undercroft section. They are called Renown Merchants. These guys are your friends, and basically the easiest way to upgrade your gear frequently.
- But also check the medallion merchants. And try to upgrade to armor set as much as you can. (DON'T BUY ARMOR AND WEAPONS THROUGH AUCTION HOUSE)
- Join open warbands in RVR, and remember its not a one man show. A warband is not a warband unless you stay together.

And one last thing: You'se a choppa git! Join Da Freebootaz!

Meliannia

Post#28 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm

at 16 is prolly best to do your first dungeon for your epic noob gear keeper set, which should be good til lev 28 or so and will bolster nicely, then pve and make some money on PQs and get talismans and come back to scens at 21 with heal pots armour pots and find a good tank mate

Ads
Drys

Post#29 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:01 am
Drys wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm I've suggested in the past (and will here again) that the Tier 2 single-keep zones could be reverted to 16-39 zones to make for an easier leveling and introduction to RVR for new people. Currently, not only do newer players need to contend with learning about keeps and siege mechanics, but they also need to go up against fully geared out 40/80s. The T3-T4 zones can remain available to R16-39, but a dedicated "learner" zone may be helpful. The T3 zones can open when the city is under siege as a place for 40s to go if they're not doing city.
Horrible idea.

The population to support this is just not there. It will be PvE door like in the past. Not to mention you are taking away 6 zones of the main campaign in favour of people who are levelling.
1. How critical to the capaign do you think those single-door zones really are? I'd say probably not much since the zerg blows through them and spends most of its time in T4.

2. I think the pop there is bigger than you think between newer players and alts. Otherwise why not get rid of T1 zones by the same argument... Even if it does become PvD it becomes a more friendly place to reach 39 for players, its a place for new players to learn keep mechanics, and players under 40 still have the option of joining the main campaign.

I see no real downside...
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Marchmain

Post#30 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:13 am

I feel your pain. My first main during the live game back years ago was a Black Orc. I had so much fun with him and felt so useful until I got to T4 and would get one shot by Witch Hunters. A class I used to easily destroy. I haven't played a BO in a while now but since I just leveled a KotBS I have experience with tanks in the way the game currently is. I went through a bit of what you are going through. I would recommend for now going sword/shield instead of 2-hand. Maybe not your preferred play style but you may find your survivability in PvP goes up. And since respeccing is free you can feel free to go back and forth or go 2H for PvE if you want.
I would avoid RvR for now. Once in a while for a change of pace is fine but I think you will level and gear faster in Scenarios.

With Scenarios and a tank spec I highly recommend you just stick to the objectives, whatever they are for that match. If there is a flag that needs guarding park yourself on it, if there is a murder ball that needs holding you are the ideal one to do it. Find a healer or dps in your group to guard and stick to that objective. There is no reason as a tank you can't have the highest objective score in a match which gets you an extra currency token. 90% of matches I have the highest objective score. Other ways to be useful are completely hounding and harassing the enemy healers to help pin them down for your melee dps or protect your own healers and melee dps by trying to pin down whoever is after them. There are still going to be imbalanced matches and that is a drag but usually they are over quickly and on to the next one. Also it has helped me to stack armor or toughness talismans in all my gear. Playing a tank IMO is actually one of the easier and more rewarding rolls in scenarios (less squishy than dps and less harassed and stressful than heals).