Recent Topics

Ads

I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Let's talk about... everything else
NSKaneda

Re: I'm lost and frustrated - Tiers

Post#11 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm Hi!
Joined 2-3 days ago, went through tier1, which was an absolute smash, i loved it very much, now i reached 16rr and had to tier2.

So... i deal zero dmg, their bars don't move, everyone just autoattack kills me, going solo for orvr is a suicide, white lion pet just looks at me and i'm dead,
everyone seems to be 40 and i'm farmed.

I feel like a fifth wheel for my teammates, trying my best, guarding healers, in t1 i was already rocking tables (coming from wow high ranking arenas, i love to compete)

What should i do? how can i improve with my gear now to stand a chance vs those players?
Spoiler:

Hello!

First off: you're a TANK, not dps - your role is to soak up dmg, not to dish it out. If you want to race in dps numbers roll dps class. Now that we have that out of the way let's deal with maximising bolster bonus.

T1: decimator or braggart, lair weapon and helm, inf or sc weapons, whichever comes first. PVE drop shoulders and cape. Empire ch2 or ch3 belt with talisman slot. Inf + merch jewels.

T2: challenger/obliterator, then devastator/duelist mix but you could try full set to see if you like it. Scenario weapons, epic quest line helm (or ch8 or 9 helm till you get to rr29 sets). Blue or purple cape (or green with toughness). Green merch jewels (or blue/purple if you're lucky). Mayhem set for the looks or if you feel particularly pve inclined. I'd check chapter rewards for shields/weapons if you decide on skipping scenario grind.

T3: Anni/Merc/Beastlord combinations galore. Full ruin is kinda meh but who knows, you might make it work for you. Scenario weapons (no chance for T3 inf weapons). T3 inf belt with resists on. Epic quest weapons when you feel like pve trip for cool looking alt appearances (looking good gives +50 to fighting skills ;) ). Green merch jewels (or blue/purple if you're lucky).

If you play your stats and gear right you'll see 750ish toughness (sofcap), 7k wounds (softcap) and 450-500 strength.

-
-

Once more, for effect: tank's role is to soak up dmg, not dish it out.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:08 pm

it is a hard grind man i know, leveled a slayer in pve and it was a grind, but once you reach vanq gear its like u play a new class

Asherdoom

Post#13 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:14 pm

necrolord666 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm Hi!
Joined 2-3 days ago, went through tier1, which was an absolute smash, i loved it very much, now i reached 16rr and had to tier2.

So... i deal zero dmg, their bars don't move, everyone just autoattack kills me, going solo for orvr is a suicide, white lion pet just looks at me and i'm dead,
everyone seems to be 40 and i'm farmed.

I feel like a fifth wheel for my teammates, trying my best, guarding healers, in t1 i was already rocking tables (coming from wow high ranking arenas, i love to compete)

What should i do? how can i improve with my gear now to stand a chance vs those players?
Spoiler:
on a more serious note i give an advice (as how i leveled my alts without being the farm of enemy)
at level 16 FARM SCENARIOS: avoid rvr like brain cancer. You are useless anyway, especially as melee dps. You implode too fast, many level 40 are already high end geared. Farm scenario and climb up the ladder with SC tiers and weapons. Scenarios are 16/39 BUT unlike rvr appears to make a better job as bolster (many times i won sc with lotsa 16 against many 30+ pug vs pug) plus you get lot more exp which means level up faster. RVR give dogshit exp (yesterday i got 1.5k exp after locking zone (caledor) after playing and making bo/creates for 3 hours, to give you an idea.
Spoiler:
as ex arena wow player in arena tournament, i can tell ya if you expect wow pvp better you quit the game. No arenas. just zerg vs zerg.
Spoiler:
avoid rvr and farm scenarios while, for example, skilling up profession. Scenarios give buttload of exp if you win and gear difference is WAY less severe.

Once you hit level 35 (you can dress annihilator level gear) you CAN TRY rvr if you please, way better than do it at 16. Still you will be dogshit, especially considering choppa needs babysitting already with high end gear, imagine on low levels.

Phantasm

Post#14 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 pm

Totally agree, vanquisher set is a minimum to not feel as a burden to a group and gives enough stats to get kills and impact. Play as you like, you want brawling 2handed BO? Do it, there is nothing wrong with it. Just keep in mind others will try to make synergies in a group composition so if you want to be wanted in a group play (scenario or Warbands lead by others) you need to be proper geared. BO is a tank class, so main role is to be a tank. But ofc nothing stop you to play it as a melee dps class. Just dont expect miracles :)
Last edited by Phantasm on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agemennon675

Post#15 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:16 pm

You are probably facing 6 man premades in scenarios if you are solo queueing you will almost always face premades, you have two options there;
1. Queue only the .pug scenario(you can learn which one is .pug scenario this week by typing .pug in your chat) only solo's and duo's allowed to join there.
2. Create a 6 man yourself (optimally but not a must 2dps 2heal 2tank party)

Very few players roam the lakes solo and they are either twinked or very high rr80 geared players so best way for a tank to join RvR(realm vs realm) gameplay is by snapping a shield and joining a warband.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

necrolord666

Post#16 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:14 pm on a more serious note i give an advice (as how i leveled my alts without being the farm of enemy)
at level 16 FARM SCENARIOS: avoid rvr like brain cancer. You are useless anyway, especially as melee dps. You implode too fast, many level 40 are already high end geared. Farm scenario and climb up the ladder with SC tiers and weapons. Scenarios are 16/39 BUT unlike rvr appears to make a better job as bolster (many times i won sc with lotsa 16 against many 30+ pug vs pug) plus you get lot more exp which means level up faster. RVR give dogshit exp (yesterday i got 1.5k exp after locking zone (caledor) after playing and making bo/creates for 3 hours, to give you an idea.
Spoiler:
as ex arena wow player in arena tournament, i can tell ya if you expect wow pvp better you quit the game. No arenas. just zerg vs zerg.
Spoiler:
avoid rvr and farm scenarios while, for example, skilling up profession. Scenarios give buttload of exp if you win and gear difference is WAY less severe.

Once you hit level 35 (you can dress annihilator level gear) you CAN TRY rvr if you please, way better than do it at 16. Still you will be dogshit, especially considering choppa needs babysitting already with high end gear, imagine on low levels.
Thanks for all advices (btw. i'm not choppa, i'm brawler bo) xd
i'll be spamming non premade scenarios for now, cheers for all those tips

(p.s. i know there are no arenas, it's fine)
agemennon675 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:16 pm 1. Queue only the .pug scenario(you can learn which one is .pug scenario this week by typing .pug in your chat) only solo's and duo's allowed to join there.
Very helpful, thank you!

Drys

Post#17 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm

I've suggested in the past (and will here again) that the Tier 2 single-keep zones could be reverted to 16-39 zones to make for an easier leveling and introduction to RVR for new people. Currently, not only do newer players need to contend with learning about keeps and siege mechanics, but they also need to go up against fully geared out 40/80s. The T3-T4 zones can remain available to R16-39, but a dedicated "learner" zone may be helpful. The T3 zones can open when the city is under siege as a place for 40s to go if they're not doing city.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Asherdoom

Post#18 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Drys wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm I've suggested in the past (and will here again) that the Tier 2 single-keep zones could be reverted to 16-39 zones to make for an easier leveling and introduction to RVR for new people. Currently, not only do newer players need to contend with learning about keeps and siege mechanics, but they also need to go up against fully geared out 40/80s. The T3-T4 zones can remain available to R16-39, but a dedicated "learner" zone may be helpful. The T3 zones can open when the city is under siege as a place for 40s to go if they're not doing city.
this requires time and scripting. I totally agree with you but, after 7 years, i would not keep my expectations high

Ads
Akalukz

Post#19 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:00 pm

PM me in-game @akalchos and I will get you some talismans, I think the most help you could do right now is pick up scavenging / talisman making that way your gear will always have lvl appropriate talismans. stack wounds if you can and -crit chance with renown points. Don't try to be a killer because sub 40 you will never be..although the bolster is cool around 28-30 :) Try to keep gear with in 5 levels of your character lvl
-= Agony =-

thefarthestland2

Post#20 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:20 pm

you will love it when you have 40r vs 80rr