Recent Topics

Ads

Melee bombing

Let's talk about... everything else
Justina

Melee bombing

Post#1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 am

Back in the days they nerfed down BW bombing a lot because they thought it was too strong - and it was too strong.

Looking at orvr today I see a lot of melees blobbing up and just spamming aoe abilities - which is basically bombing as the BW used to do. With a few differences. Melees have charge, some melees have pulls, some melees have pounce, all melees have snares and break snares and a lot higher defense like medium armor and parry / dodge / disrupt.

While BW bombing was strong it was at least easier to kill them or run away. You can't get away from maras/choppas. They will pull you in, knock you down, snare you, charge behind you, parry / dodge / disrupt your defensive abilities and wear medium armor. You don't even need the magus to pull people. Choppas have it build in. The melee blobbing these days is basically an improved version of the BW bombing - something that was seen as too powerful back in the days.

Don't you think that this is too powerful? I can only speak for myself and that bombing takes a lot of the fun. Once these melee bombing wbs show up the fun is basically over.

Ads
MMXX43

Re: Melee bombing

Post#2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am

100 % .
Mara aoe kd needs to go or get mirrored ( lets talk about how mara spam in city comp is a must for destro and how maras only need toughness and strengh to reach off tank lvls ) and the pull needs to be specced instead of core.

Destro has the kitting and the anti kitting advantage ( choppa magus mara ) so thats 2 more aspects of the game they hold the unecessary upper hand .

Melee bomb ( specially the destro part ) needs to be turned down asap.

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 am

MMXX43 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am Melee bomb ( specially the destro part ) needs to be turned down asap.

Cultist

Post#4 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 am

"melee bombing" ? maybe you meant "melee meta" ??

I agree, Slayers and WL shouild be tunned down.

And BHA made comparable to SH counterpart viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45415#p484392

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:55 am

Play a tank, Slayer, WL, or RP/WP on Order and you will be fine.

Melee meta isn’t too strong, Order pathetic RDPS spam is too weak. Deploy a better strategy rather than ask for nerfs.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Earthcake

Post#6 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Cultist wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 am "melee bombing" ? maybe you meant "melee meta" ??

Oh please yes, make SW comparable to SH :mrgreen:

MMXX43

Post#7 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Cultist wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 am "melee bombing" ? maybe you meant "melee meta" ??

" Having 4+ stacks of x3 BHA is fkn unreal broken and unbelievable it's been like this for a while.

How is broadhead stacking broken and melee aoe stacking or magus dot stacking is not?

You need to fire it three times to do some damage and it can be blocked, evaded... and it is affected by the targets armor ... and the 3x stacking can be cleasned with 1x cleanse ... and it has only a small radius ... and you have to get very close as squishy SW. Compared to the melee aoe stacking this is not overpowered at all and way harder to perform.

What is really broken in this game is the amount of times you are getting pulled by maras and choppas while order has not really working pull at all. Lots of free kills for destro. We can nerf broadhead when you nerf that pull crap too."

madrocks
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:12 pm

What are you Orderlings talking about, BW can still bomb, walk and instacast aoe, aoe knockback etc.
Order melee bomb is way superior.
Order has cool down reduction on tanks and because of your constant fake tears due to lack of creativity of Order leaders, Destro needs to stack choppas for this now, thanks alot.
Order does not need a aoe KD mirror, you have rampage and other tricks.
You have utility stacked on one class were Destro must build a group around it.

Like imagine giving aoe KD to any of Order classes. Could give a dok charge at this point and magus a m1 pounce onto the keep wall. Ridiculous.

Get pulled by a choppa already mate.

MMXX43 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am 100 % .
Mara aoe kd needs to go or get mirrored ( lets talk about how mara spam in city comp is a must for destro and how maras only need toughness and strengh to reach off tank lvls ) and the pull needs to be specced instead of core.

Destro has the kitting and the anti kitting advantage ( choppa magus mara ) so thats 2 more aspects of the game they hold the unecessary upper hand .

Melee bomb ( specially the destro part ) needs to be turned down asap.
And you sir, needs to get real. What anti kite tools are you dreaming of?
Last edited by madrocks on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lutz

Ads
Parallell86

Post#9 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:19 pm

So now we should nerf choppa pull even more because order r.dps can't turn and run in time. If you let me closer than 60 feet its on you.

Git to da choppa is a channeling ability that ticks damage every 3rd second. And RANDOMLY pull a nearby enemy. (not always the one you wanted)
Broadhead Arrow can be used from 65 feet distance of the melee blob and funneling. Spamming an AOE dot that stacks x3 and frankly, does more damage than GTDC unless you are in full invader+. Then GTDC actually match the DOT damage from x3 BA.

If Choppas didnt have pull on Git to da choppa. We would be further inferior to Order in warband to warband fights. As if we werent already.

Like I said, the choppa is tied to channeling for damage. And its interrupted alot leaving you with CDs and nothing to do than spamming Lotsa Choppin for 3 target unless you use a tactic and also sacrfice 20% of its base damage.
You see my dear, you are not in such a bad place. For you its all profit. On destro we have to make sacrifices with each utility.
Last edited by Parallell86 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earthcake

Post#10 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:19 pm So now we should nerf choppa pull even more because order r.dps can't turn and run in time. If you let me closer than 60 feet its on you.
In the middle of nowhere you are right.
But if there is any kind of objective the SW has to be around...