Recent Topics

Ads

I invite you to join the discussion of tanks of the sides of order and destruction

Let's talk about... everything else
Azary1

I invite you to join the discussion of tanks of the sides of order and destruction

Post#1 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:30 am

Hello to you! I have long wanted to create this topic and discuss the current state of tanks with the community.
First, I want to describe the current state and how I see it.

I'll start with the kotbs/ chosen
As we all know, due to auras we are always welcome in the squad and warband. This is our unique mechanic and is definitely beneficial. I will not consider "particulars" such as stager or pant. I'm talking exclusively about the main mechanics.

Let's move on to SM/BORK
I want to deliberately consider a game with snb since the tank, in my humble opinion, should fulfill its role. On the order side, there is a decrease in the cooldown. Until recently, destruction had the same "unique" mechanics.

IB/BG
We have a lot of buffs and a lot of buttons. And the hardest game mechanic of all tanks, according to many players I was able to interview. At the same time, the usefulness for the detachment remains mediocre.The reason for this is the lack of any unique mechanics. That is, there is nothing that could force people to claim you in their group.

I hope everything is correct?
Let's move on to my main idea.

I believe that every tank should be extremely desirable in its group / warband. For example, as a kotbs/ chosen at the expense of their auras.

Let, for example, BO / SM Have their own unique mechanics for the buff of a group of characters from RDD. This will make the ranged group claim you to be in their group. Because it is your presence in it that will significantly increase its effectiveness. Let it be new buffs, or something else. We can think together what it will be. But the "feeling" of being an outsider must go away. You should know that once you have entered the game - due to your unique mechanics - you are needed!

Same for BG / IB. Let it be a strengthening of the melee group. Where it will be you who will be required to join your group!

The essence of the idea is to stop being a supplement tank and become extremely popular in a ranged or melee group.
This is just a proposal to discuss and not a call to action. I hope for your understanding. If I am wrong, please correct me

Ads
mytreds

Re: I invite you to join the discussion of tanks of the sides of order and destruction

Post#2 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:53 am

There has been talk of the next “big” patch to be focused on Ch/KotBS and their auras, to the effect that they won’t be simply set and forget abilities.

abezverkhiy

Re: I invite you to join the discussion of tanks of the sides of order and destruction

Post#3 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 am

Generally, lots of good stuff.

But as a IB I was never told to bugger off wb's I was in. Tanks are in demand, IB is good for chokepoints and IB controls battlefield around him very nicely. Knowing all that and using it constantly I feel useful.

Another story is single target buffs. You do less than others from this perspective.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Azary1

Post#4 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 am Generally, lots of good stuff.

But as a IB I was never told to bugger off wb's I was in. Tanks are in demand, IB is good for chokepoints and IB controls battlefield around him very nicely. Knowing all that and using it constantly I feel useful.

Another story is single target buffs. You do less than others from this perspective.
Buffs for one target. Some buffs are overlapped by potions, which reduces their usefulness. Yes, you are good at buffing up your damage dealer. But all this does not give "completeness" And you can easily be replaced by another tank. There is no "uniqueness" of its own. I would like to see exactly the uniqueness of the class. For example, if you have a mile group, this group will ask YOU to join it. The knight will give her auras, and you, for example, will give something that no one else can give. It is on this topic that I would like to discuss. What could your tank get, so that its priority for the group would grow.

I am not talking about your IB being bad and by no means discussing your personal skill. I try to consider the situation in a "liquid vacuum" And I'm just saying that today you IB can be replaced without much loss of efficiency with another tank.

licenje

Post#5 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:13 am

Seems like first world problem (destro), still remember Battle for Prag SC spam i did few months ago did 16 games (pug) with 24 vs 24 instances and saw only one tank on order side in 16 games... so yea all order tanks got slot in wb pt or what ever cos there are so low population... dont tink is preformance problem its looks, destro tanks just look cooler...

Drednes

Post#6 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:59 am

just something to say for the kobs/chosen rework as something no one should accept/think/consider being a fix to the aura system
And that is putting them to click them every 10/15/20 seconds
that gives no skill,no thinking,no "improvement" to the class
thats just Horrible buisy work and a lazy fix in all sane areas of the game

from the horrors i have seen on their other server and the "ideas" on there i pray it does not come to pass
to you clowns saying "you cant just buff the party with 340 resist 20 ap and aoe heal and do nothing else"
i 100% agree BUT making it just "click this aura...GOOD JOB 3 Points wait till it decays to click it again" is a horrible mistake
lets get some mechanics that interact with our other abilities we never use
kobs has only 5-6 buttons he should press ,lets tie the new auras to some that never get used or make new ones!
a knight a master strategist and a myrmidian a faithfull of the GODES OF STRATEGY has less tactis that do anything then a orc that just swings his arms around chopping or skills or anything reduced to a aura statue
or to enhance them or something BUT PLEASE dont make the auras clickable thats a dumbass level change that does nothing but get the addon from live to be used again
no skill no thinking no effort if a change like that passes

nonfactor

Post#7 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:24 am

Smallscale only list: BG>KOTBS>CHOSEN>IB>SM>BO

Black guard:
The perfect class for some who mains tanks. High damage and extremely good debuffs, the best punt in the game which alone makes bg #1 tank in smallscale.

KOTBS:
15% more healing, triple slow, 10% more crit, wounds debuff, ap aura, resist aura - all in one spec. Not reliant on gear because you do not have to worry about damage and because you do not have to worry about damage you can focus more on things like positioning and punts, maintaining slows and punting.

Chosen:
In my opinion an inferior version of kotbs. You do not have 15% more healing, nor triple slow, nor 10% more crit (yes I know it is mirrored on BG). The damage you deals does not compensate for the lack of the things I mentioned earlier. Corruptive Power is the only saving grace of that class but you still provide a great punt and passive auras, just not as good as KOTBS.

IB:
Buff bot for your dps. Weakest single target punt in the game. Has some utility and damage but is always starved with gcds to actually use all the useful things due to short durations of his buffs. The worst tank out of the 4 main smallscale tanks (ib, kotbs, chosen and bg)

SM/BO:
Worst tanks in the game due to the lack of single target punt with 2h and poor utility. No on-demand punt (has to waste gcd to get into best plan). Usually only picked when there is no choice since BG/CH and KOTBS/IB is the staple setup. Their only upside is damage but in my opinion they do not even deal enough damage to make up for the lack of punt which is a detrimental tool in fighting anyone competent. SM is naturally better because of spirit damage but both are kinda crap right now.

It is pretty balanced in tank department realm wise, BG is better than IB but KOTBS is better than chosen.

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 am

While satisfying to see your target fly miles, I think aoe punts and KDs are way more useful than long range punts, maybe in certain SCs long range punts is a game changer. I kind of feel that almost nothing else really matters to a tank in warbands besides AoE crowd control (other than general tankiness and finding a good dps to guard). I certainly think if devs boosted the AoE CC for the non-Chosen/KotBS classes, they'd be more useful in warbands, and it would not really be debatable.

I'd say main balance issues are between dps classes (not just in terms of destro vs order, but the fact many dps classes struggle to find a role and some warbands only ask for 2 of 6 classes to bother even asking to join).

Ads
Kragg

Post#9 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:02 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:41 am While satisfying to see your target fly miles, I think aoe punts and KDs are way more useful than long range punts, maybe in certain SCs long range punts is a game changer. I kind of feel that almost nothing else really matters to a tank in warbands besides AoE crowd control (other than general tankiness and finding a good dps to guard). I certainly think if devs boosted the AoE CC for the non-Chosen/KotBS classes, they'd be more useful in warbands, and it would not really be debatable.

I'd say main balance issues are between dps classes (not just in terms of destro vs order, but the fact many dps classes struggle to find a role and some warbands only ask for 2 of 6 classes to bother even asking to join).
The snare and long range punt can work miracles tho. I would love to have my IB get a punt like that.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:06 pm

nonfactor wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:24 am Smallscale only list: BG>KOTBS>CHOSEN>IB>SM>BO

Black guard:
The perfect class for some who mains tanks. High damage and extremely good debuffs, the best punt in the game which alone makes bg #1 tank in smallscale.

KOTBS:
15% more healing, triple slow, 10% more crit, wounds debuff, ap aura, resist aura - all in one spec. Not reliant on gear because you do not have to worry about damage and because you do not have to worry about damage you can focus more on things like positioning and punts, maintaining slows and punting.

Chosen:
In my opinion an inferior version of kotbs. You do not have 15% more healing, nor triple slow, nor 10% more crit (yes I know it is mirrored on BG). The damage you deals does not compensate for the lack of the things I mentioned earlier. Corruptive Power is the only saving grace of that class but you still provide a great punt and passive auras, just not as good as KOTBS.

IB:
Buff bot for your dps. Weakest single target punt in the game. Has some utility and damage but is always starved with gcds to actually use all the useful things due to short durations of his buffs. The worst tank out of the 4 main smallscale tanks (ib, kotbs, chosen and bg)

SM/BO:
Worst tanks in the game due to the lack of single target punt with 2h and poor utility. No on-demand punt (has to waste gcd to get into best plan). Usually only picked when there is no choice since BG/CH and KOTBS/IB is the staple setup. Their only upside is damage but in my opinion they do not even deal enough damage to make up for the lack of punt which is a detrimental tool in fighting anyone competent. SM is naturally better because of spirit damage but both are kinda crap right now.

It is pretty balanced in tank department realm wise, BG is better than IB but KOTBS is better than chosen.
BG has the best punt in the game, no argument about it. But why do you think IB has the weakest punt? I am not critisizing, my knight is too small but seems that his punt is also a "knock away" as IB's. And IB's knock away has a shorter CD.

On my IB I have 3 slows of which just 1 is a single target slow - more than enough to keep everyone around me slowed. And one aoe root ofc. This is more than enough to keep everyone still while your DPS are busy doing their job. Ofc IB is a slave of GCD trap but to control movement he has enough tools and enough GCDs. And CC is probably just as much important as passive stat buffs.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354