Zealot or Shaman for solo/duo/small scale + tips

Let's talk about... everything else
kuhyraco

Zealot or Shaman for solo/duo/small scale + tips

Post#1 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi,

on "live" i played mostly healing DOK and here I would like to try another healer on destro side.
But I don't quite target WB play, city....rather small scale, some solo/duo/trio roaming, SCs.

From what I've understood, zealot only makes sense as a pure heal + buff, maybe stagger, silence.
What about shaman? Is his better damage output an advantage for such use?
If so and I will focus on intelligence with him, will still be healing at a reasonable level?
Or it is better to focus on the defense/healing and damage is still good?

Thanks for the help.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Zealot or Shaman for solo/duo/small scale + tips

Post#2 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Healing / Damage / Survivability - you can only choose two.

However you cannot make efficient and reliable hybrid healer so it'd be better to go with healing build utilising damage abilities - your role is to support your team as a healer / debuffer. If you want to dps then you're taking dps spot in party and you still need two healers - lifetaps alone cannot keep a party up anymore.

700-800 willpower, 40ish healcrit, 400-500 toughness and III-IVth stage of disrupt will let you survive initial burst and give your party time to peel.
300ish intelligence is enough to get those debuffs through disrupt wall.

(it's way easier to make your heal zealot do well with dps skills since int/wp switch works like a charm and you can buff/hot party, throw absorb bubble and switch to dps mode, move in, fire up dmg skills, switch back to healing and relocate - shamans need to steal intelligence first and buff themselves before attempting such a move - I'd recommend trying out Witchcraft tree skills with healing stats)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *