Recent Topics

Ads

Interesting data on latest patches

Let's talk about... everything else
Spellbound

Interesting data on latest patches

Post#1 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:16 pm

Top 3 highest post counts in a patch thread since first patch 11/8/2014, in order:

3/23/19 Guard damage halved without shield (55 pages)
5/20/21 RC Balance Patch (49 pages)
5/28/21 Nerfed Buttons Nerf (43+ pages)

Two weeks of patches in a row making it in 2nd and 3rd place (so far)

Some nerves are being hit that's for sure within a 2 week period. Maybe this week will be a chill pill patch hopefully to settle the crowd with the pitchforks? :D Maybe some flowers, 2.5x XP bonus and hershey kisses.

Ads
Azary1

Re: Interesting data on latest patches

Post#2 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:26 pm

please give direct links if possible. Interesting to read

MonkeyHead

Post#4 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:47 pm

I'd be very interested to see if a 2.5x XP bonus event could stop some people from leaving. FYI I haven't logged into the game after the patch, and I'm not sure I will. I also doubt that I would make an attempt for 2.5x exp for 3 days either.

Spellbound

Post#5 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:04 pm

My point really was you had RC patch where some Destro wanted to boycott, next week NB quitters, Dragon Bane doors closed for a while, servers down Saturday night. It’s been a little too eventful of a week and wonder why population has been a hot topic. You don’t want two controversial things back to back as some can’t handle it any longer or want the break.

Kaelang

Post#6 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:57 am

There's a lot of discussions across the forum about population recently and people seem to be correlating it directly, and only, to changes made in patches.

We need to remember that we're moving into the summer months, and in the UK alone it's been one of the hottest months in years.

There are also some very big titles being released (or rereleased lol) that will be pulling players.

The ebb and flow of population is normal with RoR and it happens year after year - this being said it's something we do look at - it's just not something we'll start making development calls based on.

It's very easy for someone who is unhappy with a patch / change to identify the change in population (based on multiple factors) and link the two together - scaremongering.

But no, there's no planned double XP weekend just yet.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Theres been pop discussions the day the patch dropped. The people want to believe that the pop is going down coz they want drama and a low pop makes it easy for them to defend their opposite views on the forum even though a timeframe of one week is of absolutely zero statistical value. Its all mindgames :^)

Talladego

Post#8 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:25 pm

We will see...
With the the blocking of an addon that had almost as many downloads on Indrith's Tools as Pure and Buffhead it is unsurprising that player population drops.

Lets just hope enough people still enjoy playing Return of Buttonclicking.

Ads
Kragg

Post#9 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:38 pm

Talladego wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:25 pm We will see...
With the the blocking of an addon that had almost as many downloads on Indrith's Tools as Pure and Buffhead it is unsurprising that player population drops.

Lets just hope enough people still enjoy playing Return of Buttonclicking.
You are just making an interpertation, nothing more.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:57 am There's a lot of discussions across the forum about population recently and people seem to be correlating it directly, and only, to changes made in patches.

We need to remember that we're moving into the summer months, and in the UK alone it's been one of the hottest months in years.

There are also some very big titles being released (or rereleased lol) that will be pulling players.

The ebb and flow of population is normal with RoR and it happens year after year - this being said it's something we do look at - it's just not something we'll start making development calls based on.

It's very easy for someone who is unhappy with a patch / change to identify the change in population (based on multiple factors) and link the two together - scaremongering.

But no, there's no planned double XP weekend just yet.
I guess in this case you are wrong. Yes, the decline in population can be caused by many factors, seasonality is one of them. in the summer, people prefer to walk on the street more than sit at home at the computer, this is all understandable. But this patch is completely different from these were before, before the changes were mainly related to either the introduction of new content, or the change in the balance of champions, which was decided either by ignoring this new content, or by changing the champion when meta changed. now people have been deprived of part of the interface to which they are accustomed.
apparently no everyone can, or want to adapt to the new conditions, all the more so many are still confident that there is no real need for this blocking, and in fact this is all simple petty tyranny.
and one else, there has not yet been a patch that would be directly touched people with disabilities, their discrimination against others (whether you wanted it or not, but it is so now). against people after a disaster, war, or something like that. all this creates an atmosphere of nervousness where people begin seeing problems much the more even if they really exist, and are also more guided by emotions.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum