Recent Topics

Ads

Interesting data on latest patches

Let's talk about... everything else
Fatpig

Re: Interesting data on latest patches

Post#21 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:53 pm

If people want to cry because an addon has been banned.....Can i have your gold?

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#22 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:12 pm Is the population still way higher than before the LazyPeon influx? Then the population is just fine....
Yes it is. We had around 800to 900ppl before lazy peon at oeak hours during work days

Duukar

Post#23 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Duukar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:35 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:57 am There's a lot of discussions across the forum about population recently and people seem to be correlating it directly, and only, to changes made in patches.

We need to remember that we're moving into the summer months, and in the UK alone it's been one of the hottest months in years.

There are also some very big titles being released (or rereleased lol) that will be pulling players.

The ebb and flow of population is normal with RoR and it happens year after year - this being said it's something we do look at - it's just not something we'll start making development calls based on.

It's very easy for someone who is unhappy with a patch / change to identify the change in population (based on multiple factors) and link the two together - scaremongering.

But no, there's no planned double XP weekend just yet.
I'm a Destro main player with many very active discords for over 1.5 years now. The discords are mostly all ghost towns now.. Where there were multiple Full WBs before there is either non or maybe 4-5.. These were top guilds with highly dedicated players. True I started after Lazy Peon but last summer was CRAZY active and busy with 2000-3500 players on daily. Most countries are still in some version of a lockdown with plenty of new jobs being done from home..

The recent drop in population is directly related to the newly implemented imbalance and the loss of NB. Summer months can also play a role, but I wouldn't anticipate this much of a drop during continued Covid protocols and travel restrictions.

At the moment most often Order outnumbers destro nearly 2-1.. I've Personally participated in multiple forts with never before seen imbalance.. Like 150 Order vs. 80 destro.. 100 order vs. 30 destro and 110 order vs 60 destro in the last 48 hours. Order is pushing to IC on such a rate that It barely reaches Rank 2 if at all. Its just lots of free bags playing PvE.. You guys MUST be seeing this data.. Its all factual..

We are TELLING you in 100s of posts that youve made a mistake in two major patches in a row. Youve completely chased off older gamers and people with disabilities. Youve made life much more difficult for casuals who want to relax and play. Youve introduced a disastrous balance patch that is very widely accepted as very harmful to Destro realm health and morale.

I continue to play and hope for the best. I emplore you to re-introcude nerfed buttons without its check and automatic funcionality. I knew a ton of players who used it as nothing more than a convenience. You need to remember your average age of gamers playing RoR arent the 20 year old FPS gamers..

Good luck with this path you guys are choosing and continuing to choose.. Everyone I play with LOVES this game with nearly no limit.. I wonder where they all went?
I genuinely wanted to read this as a well thought out and constructed post - until I saw this: The recent drop in population is directly related to the newly implemented imbalance and the loss of NB.

We have enough threads open and following the feedback for the NB changes, amongst other things. This has been said by multiple team members.

No matter what you may, or may not believe, we aren't trying to drive the server to a 0 population experience. But to say that 'EvErYoNe HaS lEfT bEcAuSe Nb Is GoNe' is just false.
That’s not what I said. I said the pop has dropped dramatically almost over night because of a TERRIBLE balance patch the was squarely aimed at Destro and healers for some reason followed by a loss of a QoL add on that many many players used and didn’t abuse.

I know you know that’s what I wrote. Why the ofuscation?

Duukar

Post#24 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:27 pm

Pop is 1100 atm. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

Evilest

Post#25 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:58 pm

I think I'm gonna blame Secrets for leaving.

Ostabenny

Post#26 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:10 pm

Duukar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:18 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Duukar wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:35 pm

I'm a Destro main player with many very active discords for over 1.5 years now. The discords are mostly all ghost towns now.. Where there were multiple Full WBs before there is either non or maybe 4-5.. These were top guilds with highly dedicated players. True I started after Lazy Peon but last summer was CRAZY active and busy with 2000-3500 players on daily. Most countries are still in some version of a lockdown with plenty of new jobs being done from home..

The recent drop in population is directly related to the newly implemented imbalance and the loss of NB. Summer months can also play a role, but I wouldn't anticipate this much of a drop during continued Covid protocols and travel restrictions.

At the moment most often Order outnumbers destro nearly 2-1.. I've Personally participated in multiple forts with never before seen imbalance.. Like 150 Order vs. 80 destro.. 100 order vs. 30 destro and 110 order vs 60 destro in the last 48 hours. Order is pushing to IC on such a rate that It barely reaches Rank 2 if at all. Its just lots of free bags playing PvE.. You guys MUST be seeing this data.. Its all factual..

We are TELLING you in 100s of posts that youve made a mistake in two major patches in a row. Youve completely chased off older gamers and people with disabilities. Youve made life much more difficult for casuals who want to relax and play. Youve introduced a disastrous balance patch that is very widely accepted as very harmful to Destro realm health and morale.

I continue to play and hope for the best. I emplore you to re-introcude nerfed buttons without its check and automatic funcionality. I knew a ton of players who used it as nothing more than a convenience. You need to remember your average age of gamers playing RoR arent the 20 year old FPS gamers..

Good luck with this path you guys are choosing and continuing to choose.. Everyone I play with LOVES this game with nearly no limit.. I wonder where they all went?
I genuinely wanted to read this as a well thought out and constructed post - until I saw this: The recent drop in population is directly related to the newly implemented imbalance and the loss of NB.

We have enough threads open and following the feedback for the NB changes, amongst other things. This has been said by multiple team members.

No matter what you may, or may not believe, we aren't trying to drive the server to a 0 population experience. But to say that 'EvErYoNe HaS lEfT bEcAuSe Nb Is GoNe' is just false.
That’s not what I said. I said the pop has dropped dramatically almost over night because of a TERRIBLE balance patch the was squarely aimed at Destro and healers for some reason followed by a loss of a QoL add on that many many players used and didn’t abuse.

I know you know that’s what I wrote. Why the ofuscation?
How many players do you reckon we lost because of the terrible initial balance that meant there was an easy side and a hard side?? How many of those LazyPeon players on Order wouldve stayed if they hadn't been getting smacked in city every day?

Now that the realms are closer in balance we'll lose less people over time.

roadkillrobin

Post#27 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 pm

A rapid population drop due to the inactivation of NB isn't to be expected. If such hypothetical loss of players would to happen it's gonna be more of a creep over time, due to a subtle increase in physical strain and mental fatigue impacting people's enjoyment of the game. For those affected by it, eventually just logging on to their characters will be enough for them to experience small amount of stress, disincentive the players from playing the game due to the negative associations in the stress managing system, making the effort of playing feel futile, and they will be off doing something that they perceive as rewarding instead.

Toshutkidup

Post#28 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:15 am

I have shown population throughout my weekday streams for years. And I have done it last several weeks also. If you want to see daily EU prime time weekday population , it’s still 1200 people ( + /- 5%) in game or so. The same it has been for years. Late night NA has ALWAYS been the lowest time and nothing yet has touched how it was prior to the Peon video 250ish people logged into the game.

If you want to believe what I’m “saying” is false , please go watch my Twitch Vods, I show population several times everyday.

And if Twitch VoDs isn’t enough time frame, my YT has videos from years ago, so you can watch the population numbers from that ;) .

And we have more streamers now that actively stream daily than I would say we ever have ( except loot drop ) so again if you want to say my video recorded evidence is me lying watch them.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
mytreds

Post#29 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 am

Fatpig wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:41 pm People seem to forget Order/Altdorf was getting farmed all last year. We ended up leaving our destro toons and playing order due to the imbalance in pop.
I remember the daily 1 star altdorfs and destro spawncamping us, trying to pull us through the barrier.

Interesting how many Destro mains seem to forget that.

But the Tide of War always shifts back and forth endlessly. That’s what makes this game fun and interesting.

Gyurza83

Post#30 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:10 am

:D
Last edited by Gyurza83 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.