Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Rowanmantle

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#21 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 am

Akalukz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:51 am Just wipe lockouts on the start of a city defense.
This was mentioned before and perhaps easier then any aforementioned solutions.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Ads
Zhentarim

Post#22 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:05 am

I got the solution for you Rowan, you stick to one side for the day. You dont have to switch sides several times a day. You can find fights on either side and if you wanna play the underdog you take a peek at the forum or just go by the old rule EU-time Order and NA-time Destro. That has been a bit different lately though but Im sure we can figure out that pattern.

Phantasm

Post#23 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am

Zhentarim wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:05 am I got the solution for you Rowan, you stick to one side for the day. You dont have to switch sides several times a day. You can find fights on either side and if you wanna play the underdog you take a peek at the forum or just go by the old rule EU-time Order and NA-time Destro. That has been a bit different lately though but Im sure we can figure out that pattern.
You realise its about fort lockout? Getting own realm to the forts, winning it make you lock to dominant side and gives no city pops in return cause of population balance.

Rowanmantle

Post#24 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:51 am

Zhentarim wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:05 am I got the solution for you Rowan, you stick to one side for the day. You dont have to switch sides several times a day. You can find fights on either side and if you wanna play the underdog you take a peek at the forum or just go by the old rule EU-time Order and NA-time Destro. That has been a bit different lately though but Im sure we can figure out that pattern.
Sure.

I need rr70 on my slayer but need vanq on my mara. So I shoudl play one side for the entirety of the day to appease xrealm theorist.

Baffling stuff.
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

marafado
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:57 am

ofc not, the ror reward system should please your needs :)

Zhentarim

Post#26 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am
You realise its about fort lockout? Getting own realm to the forts, winning it make you lock to dominant side and gives no city pops in return cause of population balance.
The solution to that is not to make switching back and forth easier. It would be to make those that took part in fort and pushed the realm to victory to have priority in the city queue.

Zhentarim

Post#27 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Rowanmantle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:51 am
Sure.

I need rr70 on my slayer but need vanq on my mara. So I shoudl play one side for the entirety of the day to appease xrealm theorist.

Baffling stuff.
:?: :?: :?: :?:
You play scenarios with your slayer and rvr with your mara. Problem solved.

Phantasm

Post#28 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:06 pm

Spoiler:
Zhentarim wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:21 pm
Phantasm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:49 am
The solution to that is not to make switching back and forth easier. It would be to make those that took part in fort and pushed the realm to victory to have priority in the city queue.
With people constantly joining and leaving game good luck with building proper 24 man for city. What about filling roles which are lacking? Without control over who to get to warband we are all pugs then.
And people keep forgeting about those warband makers and content creators. Imagine RoR without people like Rowan, Brodda, Evilspinray, Realization, Bombling, Rolgrom etc.

Ads
Amdus

Post#29 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Rowanmantle wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:44 am I do not have a great solution to this but perhaps one that if applicable can perhaps still keep the REAL xrealmers at bay.
Even if you try to sound as you are not a real xrealmer, the moment you xrealm, you are a real xrealmer too.
Doesn't matter if you do it for your own selfish purposes or if you do it for what in your opinion is the "greater good", you are xrealming, thus you're an xrealmer.

There are 2 things that have to be said about the "elephant in the room".

1.- Only happens during American peak hours, thus not a real concern for us Euros.

2.- It's a problem that in my humble opinion, you created yourselves by catering to this play-style.

Let the game be natural and organic. You happen to be stuck on American times pushing back and forth zones without any result? No problem, it will reach a conclusion once more players log in, as it should be.

Cities shouldn't be happening every single day exclusively on the American time. If this sort of pushing frenzy was to stop, maybe we could see more 4-5 stars cities every two days, instead of a 1 stinky star city everyday, or even, twice a day. This is the real "elephant in the room".

lyncher12

Post#30 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:31 pm

rowanmantle is part of a shady collective that we don't know the true name of so it is just referred to as the FMJ ™ network. everything you know about rvr doesn't actually exist and everything is pre-determined by this network. every fort, every keep, every box is carefully managed by the puppetmasters of this organization. wake up people.