Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
mytreds

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#81 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:21 pm

It’s a forking video game people. You all act like this is a life or death decision. This ain’t your job. This is your pleasure take it or leave it. Good grief.

I’ve gained 100% more satisfaction from playing this game ever since I stopped giving two forks about every little change the devs make.

Ads
Qorth

Post#82 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:32 pm

These two statements seem a bit disingenuous and contradictory.
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm Switching realms isn't circumventing or exploiting a game mechanic. That is something you can do because that is how the devs programmed it. "Play how we want you to" is what you meant to say.
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm I can see why some people would want the game to more back and forth. That's why priding exists. It's the only way some guilds and groups can have small little warm victories. I'd rather look for good fights in city and the gear is my prize. City on live was the endgame, as it should be here. Some people make believe rvr is endgame. We all play differently.
Sounds more like its "play the way Brew wants the game played."

Darks63

Post#83 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 pm

It's a gear grind not a attack and defense. Understand that.
Oh I understand completely. You want to take out the ORvR/realm aspect and turn it into a gear farm.
It is a gear farm. Royals and ranked are both grinds and farm. If it were up to me we would have the old victory point system that came out when live launched and not this sad pvdoor "wait in the keep to try and pride because we don't want to get farmed in city again" gameplay we have now. But it's getting pushed more and more into that direction.
So you want it to go back to zone flips requiring All 4 objectives being held and both keeps, at least 1 warband doing pqs, and several 6 mans locking down sc wins just to flip a zone?
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Brew

Post#84 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Darks63 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:45 pm
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 pm
Rydiak wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Oh I understand completely. You want to take out the ORvR/realm aspect and turn it into a gear farm.
It is a gear farm. Royals and ranked are both grinds and farm. If it were up to me we would have the old victory point system that came out when live launched and not this sad pvdoor "wait in the keep to try and pride because we don't want to get farmed in city again" gameplay we have now. But it's getting pushed more and more into that direction.
So you want it to go back to zone flips requiring All 4 objectives being held and both keeps, at least 1 warband doing pqs, and several 6 mans locking down sc wins just to flip a zone?
You also needed to be winning in rvr kills don't forget.
<Art Supplies>

Brew

Post#85 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:32 pm These two statements seem a bit disingenuous and contradictory.
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm Switching realms isn't circumventing or exploiting a game mechanic. That is something you can do because that is how the devs programmed it. "Play how we want you to" is what you meant to say.

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm I can see why some people would want the game to more back and forth. That's why priding exists. It's the only way some guilds and groups can have small little warm victories. I'd rather look for good fights in city and the gear is my prize. City on live was the endgame, as it should be here. Some people make believe rvr is endgame. We all play differently.
Sounds more like its "play the way Brew wants the game played."
Or maybe let people play how they want. I couldn't care less how other people enjoy themselves so long as they have that option.
<Art Supplies>

tazdingo

Post#86 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:13 pm

i thought this was a pretty diplomatic and focused debate as far as this place goes

redwolf777

Post#87 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 pm

anyone who plays NA RoR knows how bad these changes are, there are barely any city instances in NA times now because these 90min fort lockout timers. Instead of being able to swap to the other side to try balance out the population, people end up just not getting a city pop on the attacking side because the population is so imbalanced.

I am unsure of what the purpose of these changes is apart from to create less city instances and in-turn less players.

People forget that without people changing realms, there is no game at all.

Wam

Post#88 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 pm

The reason why experienced players post less and less on forums, get drowned out by armchair roleplayers who want to dictate how others should play, instead of options for everyone to play more freely... again more action is better for server, i was here in dark times when there was lack of action and tiers had to be merged and lowbies bolstered. The more options you have as a player the better.

More pvp should be encouraged not actively frowned upon and worked against... the winner is the players/server or we can go back to order stomping destro for a year and i can easily gear up invaders on more alts in free forts in na time for the good of the game :lol: ;)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#89 » Sun May 09, 2021 12:26 am

the lock out needs to be longer on live in DAOC, and Warhammer , the games Mythic actually made , there was permeant lockout from the other faction, on the same server per account.

The only time it changed was when everyone was on Badlands, and then in order to prevent the stuff you are auguring for, and saying it was what the devs wanted is wrong, they added a 8 hours lockout, to prevent Xreamling.

If anything they need to increase it to 4 hours, shame they cant do an IP lockout like a lot of older games did , to prevent two or more accounts being able to log on from the same IP address, hell evem oldschool MUDS were able to do that back in the mid to late 90s.

If you are trying to say that pushing with the side that is Zerging to get the game to city, and then swapping to the losing side, and queing for city is actually helping the underdog is laughable at best

if you truly wanted to help the the underdog side, help game balance, and the community overall, you`d play the losing side to actually help. Riding the Zerg then logging to the losing side doesnt help the losing side, nor does it help the community, all it does is help you,

Its a shame that losing side ques up for fort and city, if the zergers want to zerg 24/7 then let them zerg empty keeps, empty forts, and empty city, just stop queing for city for a few days.

lyncher12

Post#90 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:04 am

i agree 110% with the sentiment here. when i get off work and see an order keep or fort under attack i log my engineer to help my realm mates in their time of need. unfortunately all these damn cross realmers never invite me to their warbands and its no mystery we end up losing.