Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Stophy22

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#11 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 am

It would be nice to figure out what they are trying to change with this lockout.

If it is to try and stop players from pushing with their geared X characters so they can gear out Y characters via city im all for it since that tactic imo is kinda scummy, Albeit effective.

If it's to stop an opposing forces dominance like the R.C.P. (rowan city push) and their conquest for 2 star IC's then I think this change is stupid.

If you really want to stop someone's dominance on the server it is up to players to do so, not shoddy changes to lockouts. People should be looking to oppose the R.C.P. rather than join it but then this ties back into the kind of presence and following that is behind the R.C.P. It was a little oppressive I won't lie with how often 2 star cities happened... but I don't think people should be faulted for organizing and trying when 40% just follows that force, leaving the remaining 40% with the ill-fated question, "why does [insert realm here] always lose?"
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Rowanmantle

Post#12 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 am

Stophy22 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 am It would be nice to figure out what they are trying to change with this lockout.

If it is to try and stop players from pushing with their geared X characters so they can gear out Y characters via city im all for it since that tactic imo is kinda scummy, Albeit effective.

If it's to stop an opposing forces dominance like the R.C.P. (rowan city push) and their conquest for 2 star IC's then I think this change is stupid.

If you really want to stop someone's dominance on the server it is up to players to do so, not shoddy changes to lockouts. People should be looking to oppose the R.C.P. rather than join it but then this ties back into the kind of presence and following that is behind the R.C.P. It was a little oppressive I won't lie with how often 2 star cities happened... but I don't think people should be faulted for organizing and trying when 40% just follows that force, leaving the remaining 40% with the ill-fated question, "why does [insert realm here] always lose?"

Funny part is I now try and do it on destro seeing as order was dominating for such a long time. But due to the lockout one cannot swap back if you wish to push a fort or even defend it. Due to the lockout-extender.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Spellbound

Post#13 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:47 am

Let’s not fool anyone. It’s been over a year and how many times had majority flipped to destro where it’s like 45% / 55% destro once city starts and order had advantage slightly before it. Not many cared about city balance but playing on the more advantageous and fun side of the city content.

Why has destro been needing to form and queue ASAP in the first few minutes and hope they get a pop for over a year? Everyone on the server knows it and doesn’t fool anyone. It’s actually been a meme we’d always look at the web site numbers of 52/48 or so for order while on the last fort, then 2-3+ WB worth always swapping or city logging destro heavily.

This is why order could always wait until the last second to queue. The system hasn’t changed any of that other than breaking up some people not being able to make it to the side they choose or reading the notes and sitting out last fort if they plan to switch. Let’s not use population balance as the reason of argument though. Other arguments can be made for sure but not that.

NA was the biggest culprit for this where ORvR went stale and didn’t exist other than 170-200 vs 50 who didn’t really try, just to allow city to happen then the massive swing back to destro. Turned into just content farming city for NA and killed any orvr.

I’m sure there can be other checks or changes made to the system.

And no it’s not a big elephant in the room to many as there are more glaring issues than city.

Wam

Post#14 » Sat May 08, 2021 9:56 am

We are a small private server, our population is way too low for even more layered barriers to entry, its even more magnified at off peak times where most cities happen due to numbers imbalance and then its RNG who gets a pop, but in the process you are killing the motivation of your own players and they will seek alternatives if they ultimately become disillusioned

Same with people talking about city MMR... population is way too low and game is not competitive enough for this (would need account based rewards not character, so people will bring BIS characters not lowbie or inexperienced alts to gear if you want real competition and more top end setups)

The que system itself is broken, where 24 man's que instantly and get surpassed by smaller groups and no longer prioritsed (that was mentioned in the past)... the definition of a que and the one used in ROR are opposites with so much que jumping its unreal and lack of transparency... if dev's are affraid of manipulation, well order premades have been notoriously manipulating and que avoiding for the longest time its beyond meme levels and to be expected with their "slow sign up" to try get pugs and avoid real fights. But always gets let slide, then you have fort decisions which hurt the population and amount of instances and rate of gearing... so people push for hours, then waste 30 minutes (without a choice or option) because they are locked to the bigger side population kinda defies logic.

You want people to get organised then they get punished for it... city leaching seems the way to go if you want to be ruthless and not really care about fun and that is boring asf and will also kill most players motivation to continue playing.

Free for all system was better than what we have now... pugs will complain no matter what they always do, they want cake and to eat it without any effort same old same old, you see it all the time.

If you have a narrow vision and roleplay only play one side you will think x realming is the boogeyman to make up for your own short comings and excuses for whatever reason at the time. Usually the issue is lack of organisation and awareness, basic knowledge is very lacking especially when it comes to pugs and just gets taken advantage of by other side (usually in funnels and forts) 2-2-2 setup should be standard for a reason, but people run 1-4-1 with lowbies, no m4 rotation and then complain afterwards, xrealm is not to blame for people's own incompetence and lack of desire to be semi organised.

If you actually play the game and dont skip 50% of content... then you know that having a choice as a player is better than not having a choice, more freedom of movement creates more action(and more action makes a better product and server) with recent change of some order guilds in NA time to destro its reinvigorated that scene and provided way more action and more quality action, than the usual order zerg cap uncontested forts 3-1 2-1 odds... destro throw third floor defence (Which you know people use to get banned/warned for throwing and this is pretty much throwing all but in name so would need to ban everyone = no city pops, no end game gear grind = no action no fun = people seek alternative)

Imagine playing total war warhammer and refusing to use any of the FLC, or only playing half the factions lmao... realm pride was a dead notion on live, there is some pride here and there nothing wrong with that, but trying to enforce it, and enforce it on others is not really going to work especially if it leads to lesser quality action overall.

I remember when order was on its knees with 60 players in t4 times being destroyed by TUP/NRM/PF/Phalanx to name a few... if we was blinded seflish and lazy roleplaying as one side only to continue to stomp order into ground each and every day with narrow vision... order's population would never of recovered and server would of been alot more unhealthy as a result with boring lack of competition and imbalance pop. Freedom of movement was superior back then and made for a more enjoyable gaming experience and server despite all the drama, as a solo, 6 man, or 24 man.

TLDR: Barriers to entry hurt and hinder the game more than they really help, especially when it comes to time gated end game content which is already locked behind walls.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

marafado
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:36 am

yes, there is a fat elephant in the room but its not the 90min lock.

the mammut in the room is the xrealm playstyle that most of "organized/social...etc" guilds are doing since long time.
I understant this players have many "friends" and are very "social", some are playing in destro others in order and they like to organize the city push in coordernation, the result we see is the keeps and forts throws, aka 3rd floor defenses in keeps and forts ;p 4*keeps with no defense while wbs waiting in wc till they friends in the oposite faction take it.

this playstyle for me is like using warbudy addon, but since we already use NB, why not!?

Groning1

Post#16 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 am

Remove xrealming and even the decision to play both sides and things would even out rather quickly with both population and balance

Westorz

Post#17 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am

Groning1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:42 am Remove xrealming and even the decision to play both sides and things would even out rather quickly with both population and balance
Yeah the playerbase would also die out rather quickly

Akalukz

Post#18 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:51 am

Just wipe lockouts on the start of a city defense.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Rowanmantle

Post#19 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:56 am

marafado wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:36 am yes, there is a fat elephant in the room but its not the 90min lock.

the mammut in the room is the xrealm playstyle that most of "organized/social...etc" guilds are doing since long time.
I understant this players have many "friends" and are very "social", some are playing in destro others in order and they like to organize the city push in coordernation, the result we see is the keeps and forts throws, aka 3rd floor defenses in keeps and forts ;p 4*keeps with no defense while wbs waiting in wc till they friends in the oposite faction take it.

this playstyle for me is like using warbudy addon, but since we already use NB, why not!?
I had to read this more then once. You actually believe guilds literally communicate on comms so as to throw forts and keep sieges? I am beginning to think this server is filled with conspiracy theorists and delusional people. I cannot elaborate more on this matter because if I do, the ban hammer will fall on my head.

:?
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Arthem

Post#20 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:00 am

Its actually the illuninati