Recent Topics

Ads

Did I miss the timeline wher you started freeing up names?

Let's talk about... everything else
vianiznice

Did I miss the timeline wher you started freeing up names?

Post#1 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm

Because I distinctly remember you said you'd NEVER do so?

Or am I msising something.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Did I miss the timeline wher you started freeing up names?

Post#2 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 pm

vianiznice wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm Because I distinctly remember you said you'd NEVER do so?

We said we wouldn't delete characters, but freeing up names has been done a few years ago and now we have an automation system that frees up any character name that has been inactive for over a year.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:43 pm
vianiznice wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm Because I distinctly remember you said you'd NEVER do so?

We said we wouldn't delete characters, but freeing up names has been done a few years ago and now we have an automation system that frees up any character name that has been inactive for over a year.
I'm not certain whether this should be automated. It should probably be done bianually or something, in a manual fashion.

vianiznice

Post#4 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:07 am

That's good to know, having no computer for over a year and my name got yanked.
Better make sure I have some dusty lap-top to log in on every now and then, because freeing up names sure wasn't the case back when my old rust bucket decided to implode.

Thanks for the future heads up.

Haskr

Post#5 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:38 pm

arorwne wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 pm

I'm not certain whether this should be automated. It should probably be done bianually or something, in a manual fashion.
I'm not certain whether this should be bianually. It should probably be done monthly or something, wargrimnir should do it by hand, but only if its a full moon.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:56 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:38 pm
arorwne wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 pm

I'm not certain whether this should be bianually. It should probably be done monthly or something, wargrimnir should do it by hand, but only if its a full moon.
Maybe. But I'm against automation, you should at least get a warning or something.

zij83

Post#7 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 pm

vianiznice wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:07 am That's good to know, having no computer for over a year and my name got yanked.
Better make sure I have some dusty lap-top to log in on every now and then, because freeing up names sure wasn't the case back when my old rust bucket decided to implode.

The level of entitlement here is just stunning. You do realize this is a free game being run on the blood sweat and tears of some passionate people right?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:55 pm

zij83 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 pm
vianiznice wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:07 am That's good to know, having no computer for over a year and my name got yanked.

The level of entitlement here is just stunning. You do realize this is a free game being run on the blood sweat and tears of some passionate people right?
Pretty standard entitlement really. 6 / 10. Not impressive.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
vianiznice

Post#9 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 am

zij83 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 pm

Not sure if you can't read or if you're just acting stupid.
Had I known names would get free'd up ofc I would have made sure I was able to log in once in a while. Where you got your thoughts on entitlement you can promptly put it right back in where it came from.