Recent Topics

Ads

Returning player after 2(?) years - Have some general questions (RvR, Guilds, Major Changes, Class Balance)

Let's talk about... everything else
Osred

Returning player after 2(?) years - Have some general questions (RvR, Guilds, Major Changes, Class Balance)

Post#1 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:07 am

Hey there, returning player here after a good 2 year break and have been getting the MMO itch again lately, I used to roam with the 6v6 lot (Korze, CIA, Cythe etc) and used to be apart of several RvR guilds (Radiant Knights, INQUISITORS, Valour Legion). Holy moly this servers gotten a huuuuge boost in player numbers now. Congratulations to the dev team!

I have a bunch of questions hopefully the community can answer, because frankly going through 2 years of forum and changelist history seems incredibly daunting. I played for a bit for the first time after the break in a premade 'pug' in an Altdorf city defence and ofcourse got stomped so I need to head in prepared this time and which hopefully will motivate me to stick with it and hang around longer.

1. Who are the current active RvR guilds with regular activity in the lakes, seiges etc on Order side? I recognize CNTK but thats it. I'm going to be looking for a guild to join who'll accept (as of now) undergeared but high RR characters.

2. Ive noticed ranked scenarios are a thing but alas the old crew seems to have departed. Are there any smaller scale guilds kicking about? (Order, Destruction)

3. Have there been any major changes to RvR in the past 2 years outside of city seiges?

4. I see LoTd is in? in its current form is it exactly as it used to be on live? Also is the ward system still a thing and is there any catchup mechanic invloved as Im worried about being out off by the huge pve catchup grind.

5. How is the gear catchup experience now? I left back when Dominator was the top end gear so now Im extremely undergeared compared to max Sov everyone else seems to be in. Fortunately i have a couple characters in their late 60's and one early 70's.

6. Class balance. Has there been any major changes? Specifically to these classes. Ironbreaker, Swordmaster and Archmage in the last 2 years? From what ive seen at a glance it looks like theres just a back n forth between SH and WL right now. Ive noticed a huge amount of Ironbreakers in warbands compared to the ole days.

7. I've noticed Torquemadra has gotten the boot. From what I remember he someone who did alot of experimentation and RnD with the game. Has the overall philosophy of RoR shifted from redesigning the games systems to simply bringing back WAR in its old form? What general direction or future plans have been shown of this servers future?
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Glorian

Re: Returning player after 2(?) years - Have some general questions (RvR, Guilds, Major Changes, Class Balance)

Post#2 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:37 pm

I could try to answer a little here:

CNTK, Bene Tleilax, SMASH, Gimle well and the Bitterstone Thunderers are the bigger guilds. Running mostly 18guildies with mixed Alliance players in. Salt Factory, Forced Entry more in the 12 player range. I am sorry If I have missed some Order guilds. The Bigger guilds are positioned in two Alliances atm. (CNTK+Bene Tleilax), (SMASH, Salt Factory, Forced Entry, Bitterstone). Like said, appollogy If I have missed someone.

I am not sure on small scale guilds. Ranked SCs are mostly hockup groups that organize in the Bitterbowl Discord, or in some guild Discords. From my perspective there aren't specialized 6men guilds but mostly players that know each other across realms and guilds.

Ranged SH got a big buff and is quite deadly now if healed. You can get Fort and City Currency also from RvR Bags.
Ranked SCs also have their currency for their Gearset.
Some Forts now have a Mechanik in like Dwarf/Greenskin fort with a thing on groundfloor that needs to be taken down to damage the lord.
You can see spawned Rams on the Map now.
If you die outside a keep you respawn in the warcamp not the keep. Only respawn in the keep if Inner door is above 80% and you are in the yard.
You can rent a keep quite cheap and then upgrade it at the keep master to have a teleporter from WC to Inner keep for your guildmembers.
-> This has actually lead to quite some fun tactical things. Like keeping the defence force succesfully out of the keep to take it more easily.

Lotd is released in two weeksTM since 2 years. ;)
Rumors say it is close.
PvE Catchup is easy. You need the sets from each instance to wear the gear from the higher one. Like you need full Gunbad gear to wear full C&T gear.
Best PvE Gear is Bastions Stairs stuff which is on Fort gear Level. Sought after are the Bastion Stairs weapons. I think you get them after 2-3 runs.
Also all PvE has now quests. So if you kill the boss 3 times with the quest you get your gear GUARANTEED.
Gunbad has been nerfed into easymode.
C&T and BS runs are frequent by bigger guilds to get the weekly quest for the Sentinel Yewel to get the 7day super talismans.

Till RR70 you will get Vanquisher stuff in Forts, Cities and RvR Bags.
70-80 Invader Stuff
80+ Royal Stuff.
Currency can't be uptraded but downtraded.
1 Invader -> 5 Vanquisher.
If it easy I don't know. Till Invader you can get it quite fast with lots of Forts poppin.
The 3 City sets take quite some time.
I made Invader before Vanquisher on my Slayer for Example when bringing him to lots of Forts and Cities.

Like wrote above according to some oppinions SH is atm like 2 overpowered masteries in 1 class. But that is just me. ;)
AM, SM, IB. I don't think there were major changes.
Ib has now a Tactic where his spend Grudge is generated into Group Action points. That is needed by some AP hungry classes like WL and Slayer in the Warband.
Some IBs run it and are now AP Batteries to be discharged when the going gets rough.
SM is still Winds thingy for fast spamming stuff. The SW got now a tactic to remove Moral if he activates his Damage Bonus. That + Winds from SM let the SW spam his Bow Shotgun to AoE debuff Moral on Destro. Needs some training on the SW and SM though.

Going back to original was never an option afaik.
And players have no Idea where it is going. There has been an Q&A about some Scenario maps that were dug out. And Lost Vale, Eternal Hunt and Land of the Dead Shown. That are "near". But afaik missing some PQs and scaled gear.
Gear progression was allways mentioned to flatten out now. Like going only slightly better but giving more and different options to play a class instead of being simply better.

tazdingo

Re: Returning player after 2(?) years - Have some general questions (RvR, Guilds, Major Changes, Class Balance)

Post#3 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:57 pm

SM middle blade enchant now being a group wounds buff is probably the biggest thing and you'll see that a lot in pubs. SH has had a lot of changes and is now terrifying in all specs

gear catchup is ok a lot of people run mixed none of the GIABs are game changing and invader to sov isn't a huge jump. as always dps are more gear dependent

best not to mention torque, major balance changes have generally been slower, most quest chains have had massive progress made rvr focus has obviously been cities and ranked. ranked is great

Osred

Post#4 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:17 pm

Thanks for the responses Glorian and Taz. Good to see Bitterstone are around still!

I'll seek out CNTK then, whos their leader? As a sense of irony theyve gone from the smallest guild (2 man at one point) in my old RK/INQUISITOR alliance days to the only one left and thriving :D . Happy to see theyre still active after so many years.

CytheX

Post#5 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:35 pm

Hello my old friend, i may have what u need😛

Osred

Post#6 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:41 pm

CytheX wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:35 pm Hello my old friend, i may have what u need😛
This pleases me. Good to see you. :)