Recent Topics

Ads

New Abilities

Let's talk about... everything else
space44

New Abilities

Post#1 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:28 pm

just a question about the future. Will careers have new unique original abilities, more spec trees, and maybe more ability points as well tying to renown. just new things to keep the game fresh.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: New Abilities

Post#2 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:35 pm

Remove possibility of 75 % heal debuff and bring this kind of thing back(would work on melee heals/life taps as well ) On Hit: 10% chance to reduce the next two heals on the target within 10 seconds by 450.

Would be interesting
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#3 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 pm

it happened a lot a few years ago but not so much as of late. i'd like to see underwhelming abilities/tactics with a 0% slot rate be given interesting new effects to diversify the game and make some more alt playstyles possible. trying to rebuild and re-balance the solidified meta stuff always just lead to chaos

arorwne
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:10 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 pm it happened a lot a few years ago but not so much as of late. i'd like to see underwhelming abilities/tactics with a 0% slot rate be given interesting new effects to diversify the game and make some more alt playstyles possible. trying to rebuild and re-balance the solidified meta stuff always just lead to chaos
Yes, I'd also like to see rarely taken Tactics / Mastery skills get at least a buff if not a flatout full rework. They have the data, they can make it happen should they wish it so. The proof's in the puddin(SH and SW ; both rather heavily adjusted). The problem is that we would most likely end up with SH situation. So, care needs to be taken.

Strakar

Post#5 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 pm

I like this idea. A tactic that has zero slot rate already that gets an incremental improvement to be usable isn't going to unbalance the game. Something like Trivial Blows coming out of nowhere is more likely to do that.

I hope other posts like the focused offense one get more objective review. I'm a little disappointed the stance from Wargrimnir is that it's supposed to be useless, if so replace it with something completely different. I remember hearing like 1% parry and other buffs was worth like 6 Stat points, so an obvious one would be to make each mastery point worth 6 instead of 4 to make them more competitive with futile strikes and other meta picks.

Anyway, devs might not have much incentive to do this, I remember another post where they posted about potential Stat changes and got flamed for it.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 pm

Strakar wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 pm I like this idea. A tactic that has zero slot rate already that gets an incremental improvement to be usable isn't going to unbalance the game. Something like Trivial Blows coming out of nowhere is more likely to do that.

I hope other posts like the focused offense one get more objective review. I'm a little disappointed the stance from Wargrimnir is that it's supposed to be useless, if so replace it with something completely different. I remember hearing like 1% parry and other buffs was worth like 6 Stat points, so an obvious one would be to make each mastery point worth 6 instead of 4 to make them more competitive with futile strikes and other meta picks.

Anyway, devs might not have much incentive to do this, I remember another post where they posted about potential Stat changes and got flamed for it.
Thank you for your support, means really a lot to me.

space44

Post#7 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 pm

the question isnt really supporting ability reworks, its just asking if there will be brand new abilities for the game some time in the future to keep things fresh.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:00 pm

i think some off speccs like 2h slayer, middle tree bw, 2h sigmar priest, engi speccs, and the wh/we needs some rework first before new things can be added, but big bump for the thread

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:05 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:00 pm i think some off speccs like 2h slayer, middle tree bw, 2h sigmar priest, engi speccs, and the wh/we needs some rework first before new things can be added, but big bump for the thread
Things that need help:

2H Knight(just lol)
2H Slayer / Choppa(mid tree aka Giantslayer / Hitta...just disappointing compared to the other two ; it's ok though)
Shield BG(mega lol, wtf)
Engi Rifleman(armor meta and all ; also DoTs not buffed up the wazoo)
(what's wrong with Immo BW? It seems just fine to me) (Wrath WP aka 2H WP is mostly PvE farm spec for WP and it's bloody good at it, buffing it could have unforeseen economic consequences)

After those are taken care of, other things can take their turn. But these first!

tazdingo

Post#10 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:47 pm

2h knight is an S tier sc class