Recent Topics

Ads

WL pet keep going AWOL during fights

Let's talk about... everything else
Karl

WL pet keep going AWOL during fights

Post#1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:14 am

Hiya, is there any fix planned for the WL pet and it's behaviour during fights? In like 3/10 fights it just dispears with the message " Your pet is too far away from you and have been dismissed" - but it is just next to me, fighting the same enemy....

Would take it to bugtracker but not sure what useful input to give...

Got pet in passive mode and loyal pet addon setto only attack my targets. This happens even when i'm fighting 1 on 1. Any advise?

Ads
zulnam

Re: WL pet keep going AWOL during fights

Post#2 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:05 am

Try reproducing it on the targets in Alt:

1. Take out all tactics.
2. Attack target for 3 seconds, pull back. Repeat this 5 times.
3. Gradually add them back 1 by 1 while repeating step 2.
4. Try step 2 again without addons.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Delirio

Post#3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm

u need pet assist addon
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest

Delirio

Post#4 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm

u need pet assist addon
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest

Karl

Post#5 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 am

Delirio wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 pm u need pet assist addon
Yeah, i got it but still happens - and according to Secrets (i think it was Secrets) pet assist isn't needed after last patch.

However i found that i many cases pet gets lost when pouncing over a gap or in terrain with heigth difference - anyone else noticed this?
Made a bugg report (https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19004)

Korhill

Post#6 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:18 am

Same problem. If you send the pet to attack someone it either goes on CD or gets ported away and than heading very slowly to the target.
What I hate too is that it is so slow now. When I pounce to a target and pet gets not on CD than it is so slow that you have to fight mostly without pet.
It is impossible to catch a target that is kiting since pet is always behind you and very slow.

knick

Post#7 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:12 am

pathfinding is a mess right now. i understand the need for it but after last patch the pet behavior is terrible.
a good one was on patch day the instant cast of pet ability's. i dont know if it still working correct?

pets have big issues because they cant "jump". if the enemy goes over a cliff or jumpd down somewhere pet cant follow. And pet speed bugged sometimes out like it got slowed ... but it didnt
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Karl

Post#8 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah, i’ve been making a fool of myself lotsa times this morning pouncing on a baddie, losing pet and all my cc and dmg, basicly just throwing free rp on them and getting/lol:ed - hurts :)

Ads
Neverever

Post#9 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 am

Mobile pets are simply broken atm. I understand pet changes in the penultimate patch were with good intentions but it turned into a disaster for classes with mobile pets. Ranged pets are even worse, the pet doesn't follow or attack to your target if your target breaks line of sight (despite there is a pathway to your target), It doesnt attack to your targets but keeps port'ng back to the spot where it was attacking to someone last. It is almost impossible to preict the location of your pet it appears next to you but you cant fire any of the pet bound abilities. Or as it has been already mentioned by kitten herders it suddenly disappears. I noticed that it happens frequently when you use a postern since it cant find a pathway and dismisses itself. It has been like that for almost two weeks now. I don't understand why the change was not reverted back in last weeks patch.

Karl

Post#10 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:31 am

Pretty pls fix the pathing issues with pet classes.... broken atm and don't see any dev response to bugreports.