Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Order mayhem

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: Ranked Order mayhem

Post#11 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:47 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 pm Stop pugging ranked. Just get a group together, setup a 6vs6 and do that if you wish to have engaging fight with competition.
This is the correct answer.

Edit" I mean didn't they just put in a new command for direct 6v6 challenges that reward?
-= Agony =-

Ads
lyncher12

Post#12 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 pm Stop pugging ranked. Just get a group together, setup a 6vs6 and do that if you wish to have engaging fight with competition.
6v6 has been on its death bed for quite some time. they add a weekly challenge where you have to win games and you think you are just going to slap a group together and get those 10 wins through group ranked instead? yea right.

dirnsterer

Post#13 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:46 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:12 pm
6v6 has been on its death bed for quite some time. they add a weekly challenge where you have to win games and you think you are just going to slap a group together and get those 10 wins through group ranked instead? yea right.
Why do you have to run hamster wheel when you can just setup it on some offzone. Why does it always have to be somesort of grind to do a proper 6vs6? Sure there are new rewards for the glorified pug scen but hey, in core it is after all a pug scen with few limitations in the place, so you get what you get.

Nekkma

Post#14 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:01 pm

People whining about solo ranked should get the exact same response as those whining about regular scenario balance, group up. If you pug expect pugs.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Twyxx

Post#15 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:01 pm People whining about solo ranked should get the exact same response as those whining about regular scenario balance, group up. If you pug expect pugs.
I don't think this is the correct solution either. It's not comparable to regular scenarios. Ideally we'd have MMR influencing the group make-ups so you don't have complete pepegas with you.....

CountTalabecland

Post#16 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm

MMR based grouping might help.

Not sure if its indicative of quality as much as ppl make it out to be. Solo is so random that any solo pug with a high score is almost certainly due to chance.

MMR for regular grps I get bc they can conserve their matches by bringing the 6 ppl they want.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Manatikik

Post#17 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:22 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:51 pm MMR based grouping might help.

Not sure if its indicative of quality as much as ppl make it out to be. Solo is so random that any solo pug with a high score is almost certainly due to chance.

MMR for regular grps I get bc they can conserve their matches by bringing the 6 ppl they want.

Not enough 6v6 groups to make mmr brackets make sense. Plus most 6v6’s are prearranged so mmr doesn’t matter unless we somehow get 10+ teams a side queueing regularly.
<Montague><Capulet>

Panodil

Post#18 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:15 am

Seems ok for me on order, fast pops and decent games. Last night i had 6 games in 90 min and 100% winrate, but im wuing as healer.
Feels like most games come down to good tank. Tanks will win or lose game for you, greatest factor for sure.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads