Recent Topics

Ads

Doublers(2x xp etc)

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: Doublers(2x xp etc)

Post#11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:25 pm

should just give you an instant 40 scroll for hitting rr80. leveling doesn't add anything positive to the game if you arent new

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Dinotron wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 pm XP & RR should be permanently increased by at least 50% when <40CR.

The ORvR experience 16-39 is abysmal which leads players to quitting spamming SCs which provide absolute garbage XP/RR per hour unless your realm is dominating that day. This is due to there being too much variance in XP/RR gained from a win vs a loss & the fact that there are too few players in any given tier (T1 or T2/T3) to provide a variety of opponents which leads to constant wins or constant loses. This drives less and less players on the losing realm to queue making the effects even worse. (Would love to see some data on W/L ratio based on realm from an hour to hour basis)

The leveling process wouldn't be as excruciating if there were still T2/T3 ORvR, but there's clearly not enough players to reintroduce them. The opportunity to bring those back died along with the ~2000 influx players from LazyPeon times.

I'm not sure where the concern of players reaching 40 quicker will cause them to have no idea how to play their career. I think it's a convenient excuse for bad players to blame other bad players for their poor performance. An excellent fresh CR40/RR40 player will still get crushed due to gear disparity and lack of catch up options.

This is all just my opinion. I know the devs have said before they want to maintain the "leveling experience." I just wish they were more honest with how terrible that experience currently is.
Very good observations. XP gain is pathetic in oRvR, that much is true, but the question: should it be better? Imo, no, it shouldn't because that would just bleed every option dry. And XP is very good as is in Scenarios and, especially, PvE. But when talking about the base XP, you have to be very careful because almost EVERYTHING is a function of base XP. Faster XP flatout requires faster Renown or you'll have problems. So, touching base XP is like touching every god damn system in the game.

As for the concerns of fast leveling, you nailed it right there. Gear. You can always go to dummy, go into PvE or try some Scens and you are going to get better, but the gear problem will stay. A semi good solution would be to improve PvE rewards(Influence, Dungeon) and to improve Influence gain. Elegant and efficient. I wouldn't touch the cost of the vendor Green Gear though. Touching such gold sinks can backfire wildly and badly.
lyncher12 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:25 pm should just give you an instant 40 scroll for hitting rr80. leveling doesn't add anything positive to the game if you arent new
Largely agreed. Once you do the quests, once you walk down that road, leveling becomes a long chore that is just there just to annoy you(kinda like WH before Sanctified Bullets and the like). But I wouldn't go for insta 40, that just kills everything that comes before and a LOT comes before. Which is kinda my problem with increasing XP gains too. But that is a general content problem of "quest hub" MMOs, right there. Only further accentuated here with Renown and it being linked to rather than separate from the base XP.

Thank you for a nice, open minded discussion though. Keep it going!

arorwne
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:29 pm

An idea: How about if "Rested" buff got linked to other things than mere kills? Would that be too much of a hassle?

arorwne
Suspended

Post#14 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 pm

I mean, now after experiencing T3 and T4, I have to conclude that things are definitely too slow. Look, MMOs from 2004 or something shouldn't be a benchmark, it's 2021. Later on, it's simply garbage, having to do something 200 times, no matter what you do, it loses its charm.

And it hampers alt making, which is a life blood of RPGs. Can we at least consider INF at the very least?

arorwne
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:08 pm

A perfect solution for this would be to change xp into adaptive xp. In short, a Quest would give you approx the same % of a level on rank 9 and on rank 29. Currently it's far from that.

Now, I do understand such a system would be quite an undertaking(and that's downselling it), but I feel like it would help with player satisfaction, alt creation etc.

Now, why not 2x xp? Because such a static approach is quite wrong. When a WL(or AM) finish Act 1 with Rank 20...you just know they're gonna rampage through everything on the PvE side and have too much xp for a good xp : rr ratio. In short, you lever far too quickly early on. Double xp, rested xp, kill collectors, quests...with a static 2x, it's far too fast.

An adaptive xp would keep the lower tier leveling mostly like it currently is while (drastically) speeding T4 grinding. Grinding which exists because...? It's hardly the Sovereign grind, you don't get anything from it.
Last edited by arorwne on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:13 pm

What grind? You pvp since level 1? Are you not here for pvp?
SC give so much xp, I have to use -xp all the time to avoid ranking up too fast.
Dying is no option.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:13 pm What grind? You pvp since level 1? Are you not here for pvp?
SC give so much xp, I have to use -xp all the time to avoid ranking up too fast.
No, I'm here for Warhammer Fantasy + RPG(there is exactly zero other options for that combination ; PvP is dime a dozen ; this type of PvP is better both on DAoC and on ESO, quite possibly on GW 2 too). PvP honestly isn't my thing before the endgame where the playing field levels out. Besides, I don't like mass things.

All in all, it's serviceable. Artwork,experience of playing it etc is perfect, but it does get quite grindy as you progress. Unfortunately so.

Otherwise, I quite like it.