Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
Orontes

DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Post#1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 pm

How does the DPS AM compare to the DPS Shaman? Are they basically equivalent, or does one have the upper hand?

Ads
Wushi

Re: DPS AM vs. DPS Shaman

Post#2 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm

It’s clear the above player is an Order/AM player

An AM should never lose to a shaman 1v1, and is probably the strongest solo class in the game (much stronger than a shaman, especially since the Run Away! nerf)

They have:
-An extra 3.6k shield
- Tactics which make them need less int so they can go a much tankier build for roaming
-Extra debuffs
- Can dispell Shaman dots while Shaman can’t dispell AM dots

vertolet

Post#3 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 am

first of all you need to think about what you want to do with a dps shaman and dps am. In my opinion the only valid option here is roam in rvr because in sc / warband vs warband / 6 vs 6 they are both not my first not my second and not me third choice for a dps.

I have a 70+ shaman and a 70+ am i play both only on dmg. I think dps am is better in doing dmg but the difference is far away from being a game changer and dosnt make him a valid dps in another scenario. For ganking it is important that you can kite and there shaman has with auto detaunt tactic run away and gork sez stop much better tools for what you need.
Dont get me wrong i think moral 1 shild from AM is very strong especially in 1vs1. If there would be a 1vs1 arena or something i would see the dps am in front. But there is only rvr and xx% more dmg and moral 1 shild will not help you when you have to run and in rvr you have to run a lot. I feel with my shaman much more save i can go further away from save spots as i can do with my AM.

So i think dps shamen has the upper hand because he is better in kiting.

and dont forget that you have with sh the dream team of kiting the best duo in my opinion for rvr ganking. Order has nothing in compare when you build a kite grp around a greenskin core. That is also a reason why i see dps shamen in front of dps am. You just have more valid option for playing in grps.

Foomy44

Post#4 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 am

OP are you asking if one is better overall than the other in normal gameplay, or are you asking which one will win in a duel?
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Orontes

Post#5 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:26 am

Foomy44 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 am OP are you asking if one is better overall than the other in normal gameplay, or are you asking which one will win in a duel?
It is an open question. Respondees may answer as they deem appropriate, with whatever knowledge/opinion they wish to share.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 am

What a nice career builder warrior you are. Comparing classes by looking at tooltips.
Assuming that aoe detaunt for AM lasts 5 sec only is just the most glaring misconception.
Dying is no option.

komar9111

Post#7 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:16 am

Wushi wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm It’s clear the above player is an Order/AM player

An AM should never lose to a shaman 1v1, and is probably the strongest solo class in the game (much stronger than a shaman, especially since the Run Away! nerf)

They have:
-An extra 3.6k shield
- Tactics which make them need less int so they can go a much tankier build for roaming
-Extra debuffs
I have already clearly shown several times that a shaman is able to kill any am
as well as in the gank the shaman is much stronger, am cannot have all the necessary skills and he got a lot of nerfs.
at the moment the shaman is stronger IMHO

Click here to watch on YouTube

Click here to watch on YouTube
Second To God

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:39 am

That's a sustained dps build, as you spec left and right tree. It lacks the dps pressure from 11pt mid tree, which isn't needed if soloing.
In this build you will outlast any dps AM, which goes full offense, as your damage is still enough to overcome dps AM self healing.

The conclusion is, with the right spec, shaman can beat archmages, who don't recognize the shaman build right away and bail out.
Dying is no option.

Ads
noobwarrior

Post#9 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 am

Wushi wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 pm It’s clear the above player is an Order/AM player

They have:
-An extra 3.6k shield
-Extra debuffs
AM's can surely lose against a shaman.and yes they can remove all of dots. and yet it is possible to kill an AM
and to my person most of them know me when you are not walking around in grp's you are the ones who prefer. decamp
instead of fighting me ..
to get to the point if you know how and when to use a skill you can win ..

noobwarrior

Post#10 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 am

What I wanted to say is that most of you play for a very long time, but nobody has really dealt with him .. what ability he has to prevent the cleaner in plain language I can override the cleaner from her she has to accept all of my attacks. as much as i have to accept hers