Recent Topics

Ads

Wrath WP, the hard life

Let's talk about... everything else
babanovac

Wrath WP, the hard life

Post#1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Wrath WP is currently unplayable.

I understand the logic behind making Divine Strike and Sigmar's Radiance use RF instead of AP and i like the idea of having all heals use RF - it actually adds a lot of complexity to the class (although arguably dps WP already had a decently complex playstyle), but this change just broke the back of the Wrath WP. Atm it can't do anything.

Just to state my credentials, i've been a Wrath WP since live, i'm in arguably in BiS gear, specced as glass cannon as it can get - all renown stats in str, crit and ws, i have capped STR, and i think the max amount of melee power you can get with that and maybe even the max amount of WS (depending on which hammer i want to use).

And yet my damage is horrible.

Just came back after being away awhile but tbh i don't really see reasons why i should login. There is nothing i can improve gear wise. And that really is not a problem for me, cause i play the game for the fun of it, not for the gear. The problem is the game is not fun at all when you're a DPS that can't do DPS. It's gotten to the point where i'm embarrassed to join the ranked SC queue. I'm even more embarrassed when i see the score board at the end.

I understand that the dps WP is not on the priority list for the devs and that kind of sucks for me, since that's all i play. But maybe the place on that priority list could get bumped a bit. I'd really like to be able to play this game.

There's a whole lot of god ideas on this forum about possible improvements to the Wrath WP but i'd also like to leave one of mine.

The simplest change i can think of is a change to Hammer of Sigmar. Imo the spec needs more damage. So just remove the below 50% health reuirement for HoS and let us use it at will. The skill is high enough in the tree, it's on a 10 sec cooldown (5 sec with Sigmar's Wrath) and it will be a small boost to our damage, without being prone to abuse as it will still require a 2hander and a lot of points in the tree.

Also, pls pls fix this bug https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17020

Ads
scutarius

Re: Wrath WP, the hard life

Post#2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am

I dunno what to say, I run 5p warlords with 32% crit chance and 850 str and my damage is popping quite nicely.
Ingbeert
84 WP, 67 Sham

penagos22

Post#3 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:31 pm

welcome to da club

------------------------

Holylaw - Sad wp dps RR83

penagos22

Post#4 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:33 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:31 pm welcome to da club

but bro, there only 1 way toplay wp dps, you can do good damage but is boring as ****. thats why i drop the game.

------------------------

Holylaw - Sad wp dps RR83

Collision

Post#5 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm

What are you calling horrible dps ? 200-300 dmg on crit ? 500-600 ?

Don't forget that dps WP hit a lot with spirit dmg, every group with a chosen in it will reduce a lot your dps.

All dps need to be assist by 2-3 other dps to kill someone under a guard and heal.

And i think the prob come from the origin of the class. Since the live, WP is tankier than DoK who dps more.

Balance for WP to make them more dps will probably result in lower resistance.

yoluigi

Post#6 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Unfortunately the only way to play the class is to duo with a tank that is where the fun is. (in small scale roaming against 2-5 guys)
I stopped doin ranked it's just really bad in any case of more than 3v3 (6v6 +) Dont have the dps to get the kill and end up been a 15min stalemate. (I play on my tanks for ranked way more fun)
If you go glass cannon you can be good the first 20 seconds of the fight after that your ap starved soo this build only works on squishy target when soloeing.

You can still have fun but only really small encounters.. AND you need a specific build and the fight gota last less than 30 seconds + need bis gear. I think they working to buff bludgeon to make it like sundering chop (wl)

I personnaly think just need some tweak like bludgeon and buff guilty soul dot dmg.

OR

Bring Sigmar radiance to 2h if you get the 25% tap heal tactic But you cannot use hammer of sigmar (BIG TRADEOFF) basically your best dmg ability for a big tap heal. Like that you could either play dps or more tap heal with a 2h but without the best dmg ability. Would make 6v6 more fun pure dps build is just horible in a real premade 6v6.

And saying our spirit dmg does alot of dmg is a joke our big dmg only comes when you use sigmar wrath and hammer of sigmar that's pretty much the only good tools and i play multiple classes (Chosen,knight, iB, marauder, SM, engi all over rank 40) The one class i have the most trouble with ap is my wp.

One problem that would solve ap is make the haste ability tactic on crit also recover 5-10 ap on crits. Might not sound like alot but in the long run gonna help alot.

Basically the class need's tons of small tweak the synergy from abilities to work for real. On paper 20% increase dmg is very good but your only using it on hammer of sigmar bludgeon is a joke. All your other abilities you use 60% of the time dont get that 20% increase dmg buff.

babanovac

Post#7 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Collision wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:52 pm What are you calling horrible dps ? 200-300 dmg on crit ? 500-600 ?

Don't forget that dps WP hit a lot with spirit dmg, every group with a chosen in it will reduce a lot your dps.

All dps need to be assist by 2-3 other dps to kill someone under a guard and heal.

And i think the prob come from the origin of the class. Since the live, WP is tankier than DoK who dps more.

Balance for WP to make them more dps will probably result in lower resistance.
scutarius wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 am I dunno what to say, I run 5p warlords with 32% crit chance and 850 str and my damage is popping quite nicely.

To answer both of these, to test your DPS try doing ranked SC. That's where you'll truly see where your character stands.

I'm sure there are circumstances in RvR where you might come on top sometimes. But most of the times you will not. The ranked SC is the only "sort of" way to measure the real efficiency in DPS.

Try it, and see how useless the Wrath WP is :(

Collision

Post#8 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:09 pm

taking ranked sc as reference is for me stupid. A lot of classes work very bad in ranked and are king of rvr.

Ads
babanovac

Post#9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:17 pm

yoluigi wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:55 pm Unfortunately the only way to play the class is to duo with a tank that is where the fun is. (in small scale roaming against 2-5 guys)
I stopped doin ranked it's just really bad in any case of more than 3v3 (6v6 +) Dont have the dps to get the kill and end up been a 15min stalemate. (I play on my tanks for ranked way more fun)
If you go glass cannon you can be good the first 20 seconds of the fight after that your ap starved soo this build only works on squishy target when soloeing.

You can still have fun but only really small encounters.. AND you need a specific build and the fight gota last less than 30 seconds + need bis gear. I think they working to buff bludgeon to make it like sundering chop (wl)

I personnaly think just need some tweak like bludgeon and buff guilty soul dot dmg.

OR

Bring Sigmar radiance to 2h if you get the 25% tap heal tactic But you cannot use hammer of sigmar (BIG TRADEOFF) basically your best dmg ability for a big tap heal. Like that you could either play dps or more tap heal with a 2h but without the best dmg ability. Would make 6v6 more fun pure dps build is just horible in a real premade 6v6.

And saying our spirit dmg does alot of dmg is a joke our big dmg only comes when you use sigmar wrath and hammer of sigmar that's pretty much the only good tools and i play multiple classes (Chosen,knight, iB, marauder, SM, engi all over rank 40) The one class i have the most trouble with ap is my wp.

One problem that would solve ap is make the haste ability tactic on crit also recover 5-10 ap on crits. Might not sound like alot but in the long run gonna help alot.

Basically the class need's tons of small tweak the synergy from abilities to work for real. On paper 20% increase dmg is very good but your only using it on hammer of sigmar bludgeon is a joke. All your other abilities you use 60% of the time dont get that 20% increase dmg buff.
Well tbh AP is indeed a problem, but i never felt it to be THE issue. I mean even if i could spam my abilities without thinking about AP, i don't think that would change the problem too much. I mean the damage from our abilities would still suck.

Now about bringing back Sigmar's Radiance, or Divine Strike for that matter, back to be used with a 2hander, i'm not sure about that. As i said in the OP, i understand the directions the devs want to go, and for that the melee heals need to be part of their own spec. Don't get me wrong, i'd really love it if we could get our old playstyle back, i mean that's what i loved about this spec, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

And if that's the case, if we really are going to be more about DPS than melee heals, well then, devs, at least give us the DPS so that we can play. So far the melee heals hid the fact that our DPS was way below average, by allowing us to stay in the fight longer, and outlive our enemies. With those gone, we now realize we have to tools at our disposal.

The Bludgeon change you mention sounds interesting. I mentioned the change to HoS just because i think it would be really easy to implement and would require no extensive dev work.

babanovac

Post#10 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Collision wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:09 pm taking ranked sc as reference is for me stupid. A lot of classes work very bad in ranked and are king of rvr.
Ah ok, so if you mean for RvR as in for massive warband playing, sure then i agree.

But we are not in that scenario :)

DPS WP are not meant to be played with AoE damage in warband vs warband. Unless the devs want to change us that way :)