Recent Topics

Ads

Event Frustrations

Let's talk about... everything else
sixmoons48

Event Frustrations

Post#1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Anyone else agree that the level 40 hero spawning from the eggs is a terrible design choice for an event like this? The event encourages you to go out and explore the game which I enjoy immensely, but it wants you to do it with multiple people so you can stand a chance against a random hero that may or may not spawn. This is against the nature of the event which wants you to go out and find these eggs to get loot, but i doubt grouping up will share that loot with others, so what is the level 40 hero spawning trying to achieve? All I am seeing it as is a hindrance to event itself, slowing down the finding of the already slow spawning eggs by having eggs that are grouped up become unlootable till the egg reset timer. Is there any reason to have these heroes?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Event Frustrations

Post#2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm

No danger or challenge, just free stuff.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sixmoons48

Post#3 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm No danger or challenge, just free stuff.
Idk about "No danger or challenge" when you pull 2-3 hero wyverns in a row you cant kill, require a group that is against the nature of the event, and bug out surrounding eggs even after the boss despawns

Phantasm

Post#4 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 pm

If u get frustrated by a death from mob you need to stop playing games man.

XainDSleena

Post#5 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Spoiler:
My guess is sixmoons48 is frustrated because he cannot complete an important event and also because it is no fun for him. Phantasm, drawing such superficial conclusion doesn't surprise me at all. This Covid Pandemic has washed a lot of specimens to the shore, hardly anything is surprising anymore.

With respect and out of boredom, this comment (don't take it personally)
My guess is sixmoons48 is frustrated because he cannot complete an important event and also because it is no fun for him. Phantasm, drawing such superficial conclusion doesn't surprise me at all.

With respect and out of boredom, this comment (don't take it personally)

sixmoons48

Post#6 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:16 am

Phantasm wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 pm If u get frustrated by a death from mob you need to stop playing games man.
Death from a mob isnt the issue, its having the event halted constantly by a random mob that serves no purpose other than to halt said event, it causes issues to surrounding eggs, and makes the event a chore to enjoy when keeping the mob does nothing but decrease eggs looted

Lorsten

Post#7 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 am

Dont care about mounts and stuff like this, but tons of wyverns spawned in rvr lakes and near BO is kinda annoying. When whole WB gets dismounted and slowed, because some guy cracked egg somewhere in the bushes, is frustrating as hell.
Well its only 1 week, so i guess we just wait until this mess ends. Achievment hunters need their content too.

Rucent

Post#8 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:02 am

This is RoR, what are you doing trying to play for fun?

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 am

sixmoons48 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm No danger or challenge, just free stuff.
Idk about "No danger or challenge" when you pull 2-3 hero wyverns in a row you cant kill, require a group that is against the nature of the event, and bug out surrounding eggs even after the boss despawns

who told you the nature of the event is free stuffs while picnic?

matriach drops higher rewards.
put some efforts or walk away.
It's gamble and choices.

bug is unfortunate though.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

sixmoons48

Post#10 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:15 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 am
sixmoons48 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm
matriach drops higher rewards.
who told you that, is it the matriarch itself that drops better rewards? what is considered better, higher chance of goggles? and still doesnt address nature of event encouraging solo play, and only two classes can MAYBE solo the hero, of course walking away is an option, in almost all cases its only option

doesnt help that wargrim just posted earlier which i quoted, that its "no danger or challenge, just free stuff"