Recent Topics

Ads

Event Frustrations

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: Event Frustrations

Post#11 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:32 pm

I had a chance to spawn 3 matririarchs so far. Flee on encounter, /5 LF tank heal, swarm of responses, we killed it and didnt get any loot. I think they dont drop anything.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm

sixmoons48 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:15 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 am
sixmoons48 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Idk about "No danger or challenge" when you pull 2-3 hero wyverns in a row you cant kill, require a group that is against the nature of the event, and bug out surrounding eggs even after the boss despawns
matriach drops higher rewards.
who told you that, is it the matriarch itself that drops better rewards? what is considered better, higher chance of goggles? and still doesnt address nature of event encouraging solo play, and only two classes can MAYBE solo the hero, of course walking away is an option, in almost all cases its only option

doesnt help that wargrim just posted earlier which i quoted, that its "no danger or challenge, just free stuff"
That's my fault. I was being sarcastic. Rank 40 hero mobs are not intended to imply any sort of solo play is possible. Nor does spawning any sort of objective in RvR where you could very easily be hunted down while PvP flagged. There's a lot of ways to enjoy the content, and if you manage to squeeze blood out of the stone that is solo play on this server, that's great for you. However, it's not a goal here. It's not encouraged. Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

DR4296

Post#13 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:13 am

I dunno. Once I figured out that it was my DOUBLE clicking that was triggering the Mama Wyvern to appear, I simply stopped doing that.

And as far as the existing spawned ones, that only became a problem briefly for me in T2, when a small group we were chasing ran us around a corner and into one of them things. (Honestly, I thought that was a "touche' " moment... and immediately started planning on how we could do the same thing to someone else.)

The only real frustrations I've found with the event so far are:
a) Black Crag SC not popping. Kinda hard to participate in the SC five times when it's taking well over two hours for one to pop.

b) Some zones were amazingly EMPTY of eggs. I mean, you'd run all over and never get the "smell" alert or see even a cracked one anywhere. (But, eventually, I realized that MOST of the T2 zones had eggs...and that scouring the PVE areas yielded plenty of unopened ones.)

We too did purposely fight a wyvern and won.. only to IMMEDIATELY have another one spawn right where it was originally sitting. Didn't get any sort of reward either. We concluded there was no point in trying that again.

anarchypark

Post#14 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 pm

sixmoons48 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Idk about "No danger or challenge" when you pull 2-3 hero wyverns in a row you cant kill, require a group that is against the nature of the event, and bug out surrounding eggs even after the boss despawns
who told you that, is it the matriarch itself that drops better rewards? what is considered better, higher chance of goggles? and still doesnt address nature of event encouraging solo play, and only two classes can MAYBE solo the hero, of course walking away is an option, in almost all cases its only option

doesnt help that wargrim just posted earlier which i quoted, that its "no danger or challenge, just free stuff"

it's sarcasm. are u a foreigner too ? nice to meet u.
when 40+ hero pop, it means get a grp. sry you didn't get the hint.
until that happens, it's solo competition yea.
dramatic concept change. what is it called...
plot twist.
fun event.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm

DR4296 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:13 am I dunno. Once I figured out that it was my DOUBLE clicking that was triggering the Mama Wyvern to appear, I simply stopped doing that.

And as far as the existing spawned ones, that only became a problem briefly for me in T2, when a small group we were chasing ran us around a corner and into one of them things. (Honestly, I thought that was a "touche' " moment... and immediately started planning on how we could do the same thing to someone else.)

The only real frustrations I've found with the event so far are:
a) Black Crag SC not popping. Kinda hard to participate in the SC five times when it's taking well over two hours for one to pop.

b) Some zones were amazingly EMPTY of eggs. I mean, you'd run all over and never get the "smell" alert or see even a cracked one anywhere. (But, eventually, I realized that MOST of the T2 zones had eggs...and that scouring the PVE areas yielded plenty of unopened ones.)

We too did purposely fight a wyvern and won.. only to IMMEDIATELY have another one spawn right where it was originally sitting. Didn't get any sort of reward either. We concluded there was no point in trying that again.
There should be one guaranteed Rare Fortune drop and a 10% chance for a purple armor talisman. I'm going to guess the same issue with them double spawning is also preventing those drops from happening.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

sixmoons48

Post#16 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:56 pm

it's sarcasm. are u a foreigner too ? nice to meet u.
when 40+ hero pop, it means get a grp. sry you didn't get the hint.
until that happens, it's solo competition yea.
dramatic concept change. what is it called...
plot twist.
fun event.
I'm not a foreigner, it's not easy to catch sarcasm over internet, especially from a dev that uses his word like law typically, I learned to take everything at face value at this point, being patronizing doesn't help your argument

space44

Post#17 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 am

imagine not having friends to call over whenever a matriarch spawn. on another note the matriarch doesnt drop anything on death since the corpse instantly disappears unlike last year when the matriarch always dropped a reward for killing it.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

sixmoons48

Post#18 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:14 am

space44 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:14 am imagine not having friends to call over whenever a matriarch spawn. on another note the matriarch doesnt drop anything on death since the corpse instantly disappears unlike last year when the matriarch always dropped a reward for killing it.
If you right then I don't have a reason anyways to call a friend, I go to random reaches of the maps where it would take a few minutes for a friend to get to, or I can run/die to just get other eggs and it'll be quicker

Ads
Dreadstone

Post#19 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:51 pm

Had a Matriarch spawn in Nordenplatz square from an egg.

That was interesting

Zhentarim

Post#20 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Why is grouping up against the nature of the event? You could do it solo and simply run away from the 40 heros. The frustrating part was that the hero would lock several surrounding eggs from being opened and she would randomly disappear after some time so you are left with an egg that doesnt say anything when you click it and the other eggs claiming a wyvern is near when she isn't. That was fixed alot later so you could open nearby eggs but instead we got some extra spam of when we couldnt smell nearby eggs.

Another thing that shouldve been looked into in this outdated event was the eggplacement. In Trollcountry there was 5 eggs near a windmill in order pve-side up in the air that you couldnt reach. Another place in Trollcountry was the bitterstoners tower in rvr-lake that the Devs banned because a GM died once so you have 4 eggs up there and if you jump up there you get one egg and get killed by that idiotic timer. There was an egg near the keep in Marshes of Madness you couldnt get to because Devs have put up an invisible wall to prevent people shooting into the keep I guess.

I like these events but they dont always keep up with the changes thats been added since they were first introduced. Also bring back Skaven event one day!