Recent Topics

Ads

regarding stealth

Let's talk about... everything else
arorwne
Suspended

Re: regarding stealth

Post#11 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:52 pm

I mean, I'm against "invisibility stealth" as such, but given that it is a mechanic of the game, it should work properly for classes that rely on it. Because if it don't work properly...it's like if Combustion didn't really work for BW.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:43 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm can stacked AP regen really counter stealth AP drain now? i'm not against that...
Doesn't work.
what's this perma stealth i've seen mentioned, an exploit?

Laelthrin
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:24 pm

WTF, really someone complaining about stealth, gitgud

Rumpel

Post#14 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:27 pm

If i detect stealther its hard to not lose them. If i stun them i lose thwm oftwn cause they stop and u walk by? When just hitting without stopping them and having them alle the time front of me i can kill them stealthed. Needs some training doing this but it works. Happend some time also to me when im stealthed.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#15 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:39 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:54 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:43 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm can stacked AP regen really counter stealth AP drain now? i'm not against that...
Doesn't work.
what's this perma stealth i've seen mentioned, an exploit?
There is no perma stealth, it's the forums man, people exaggerate.
Dying is no option.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:55 pm

billyk wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:04 pm
inoeth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 am yeah thats the funny thing, i almost never see WEs and if i do and try to start open the fight they suddenly disappear... and they also seem to be able to escape all the time via vanish....
Yup, WH stealth is "weaker" than WE stealth. When I play decently geared WH I get spotted about 50% of the time, when I play low gear WE, nothing.

Most likely to spot me:
1. Choppa
2. SH
3. Sham
4. WE
5. Mara
Others usually don't. Some Sorcs can but it's rare.

i doubts its any different but somehow yes exactly those classes tend to always find me

Naelar

Post#17 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:06 am

inoeth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:48 am if that would be sometimes but its acutally so often that you cant really get past enemys because there is always someine who sees you and then beats you to death and you cant do anything about it.
the good thing here is you can just stack up ini to get detected more difiicultly even though this stats brings you no other benefit at all!
the most stupid thing is that pets can just shoot through vanish and i really think that this is some kind of bug.
Actually, initiative does have a benefit. It reduces your chance to be crit.

Martok

Post#18 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Blind post after reading the OP.

I am sure the answer will be "learn to play."

EDIT: And post number two.

However, post number five does highlight a few good points. I try and operate in like manner, keeping distance until ready to commit, always approaching from behind, using terrain even when stealthed. On more than a few occasions I have spotted WH's under stealth who crossed in front of me, an aspect which appears to be instrumental in detecting cloaked targets. Additionally running circles around large groups of zergers and never being spotted is fun. Especially dwarves. Although I wouldn't call them large, exactly...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
MagnarBuckethead

Post#19 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 pm

You will be spotted if you get too close. Usually I do not get spotted unless I am REALLY close. But I believe you have plenty enough time to do something before being spotted. I would advice staying a bit farther from the ennemy group and waiting for your allies to set up.
there were times where I had to walk through a zerg
and never got spotted
questionning my sheer luck or my ennemies ability to spot me

tazdingo

Post#20 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:50 pm

did the wh sov 8pc ever get changed or can you still sneak on to keep walls and punt people off? afaik that was the only remaining method for de-walling people outside of morales