Recent Topics

Ads

regarding stealth

Let's talk about... everything else
inoeth
Suspended

regarding stealth

Post#1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 am

its so useless, everyone sees you even with 400+ initiative, also restealth is in fact impossible if you got a pet on you because it shoots through walls and vanish and therefore interrupt restealth.
especially squigs get free rp if they get in range, there is no way to escape. is there going to be done anything about it? i mean stealth is a defining skill of stealth classes and its so bad :(
Last edited by inoeth on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Naelar

Re: regarding stealth

Post#2 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:41 am

My WE and WH both find it very useful. Sure, sometimes you get spotted. It happens. Deal with it.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:48 am

if that would be sometimes but its acutally so often that you cant really get past enemys because there is always someine who sees you and then beats you to death and you cant do anything about it.
the good thing here is you can just stack up ini to get detected more difiicultly even though this stats brings you no other benefit at all!
the most stupid thing is that pets can just shoot through vanish and i really think that this is some kind of bug.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:58 am

Wasn't pets hitting people in stealth fixed last year?
Dying is no option.

sharpblader

Post#5 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 am

inoeth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:48 am if that would be sometimes but its acutally so often that you cant really get past enemys because there is always someine who sees you and then beats you to death and you cant do anything about it.
the good thing here is you can just stack up ini to get detected more difiicultly even though this stats brings you no other benefit at all!
the most stupid thing is that pets can just shoot through vanish and i really think that this is some kind of bug.
I've noticed that most channeled abilities can apply through WH/WE "vanish".

I've also noticed that people stealthing in this game do so very aggresively. Meaning, that they roam around enemies as if they will never be seen.

While using stealth I actually play stealthy i.e maintain distance, be behind target, not going close unless wanting to open, etc. To further lower chance of being detected, I hide in a bush even when in stealth. Enemies won't know I'm there unless they press tab.

Being detected in stealth is still rng based. Also, I've never detected other stealthers unless they're in front of me, not sure of the exact mechanics though.

Lastly, if I get caught by a rSH out in the open, I will probably die unless I can burst the rSH in one stun duration. Against them, I will need M1 evasion or absorb pot for re-stealth.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 am

yeah thats the funny thing, i almost never see WEs and if i do and try to start open the fight they suddenly disappear... and they also seem to be able to escape all the time via vanish....

Bowldancer

Post#7 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:01 am

I feel stealth is too easy now.

Stealth was implemented as an afterthought. Originally AoR was intended without it.
Here in RoR the devs increased the stealth duration AND implemented a vanish-esque ability to restealth in combat. You can even exploit perma stealth.

I feel basically invisible on my WH.
And I have a hard time finding WEs even with almost 400 Initiative.
It feels stupid to hit stealthed opponents multiple times and they don't even pop out of stealth.

I can reset every fight easily. Stealth is no longer a mere tactical choice - I can stealth long distances comfortably.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

billyk

Post#8 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:04 pm

inoeth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 am yeah thats the funny thing, i almost never see WEs and if i do and try to start open the fight they suddenly disappear... and they also seem to be able to escape all the time via vanish....
Yup, WH stealth is "weaker" than WE stealth. When I play decently geared WH I get spotted about 50% of the time, when I play low gear WE, nothing.

Most likely to spot me:
1. Choppa
2. SH
3. Sham
4. WE
5. Mara
Others usually don't. Some Sorcs can but it's rare.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm

can stacked AP regen really counter stealth AP drain now? i'm not against that...

Sulorie

Post#10 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:43 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm can stacked AP regen really counter stealth AP drain now? i'm not against that...
Doesn't work.
Dying is no option.