Recent Topics

Ads

regarding stealth

Let's talk about... everything else
inoeth
Suspended

Re: regarding stealth

Post#31 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 am

Laelthrin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 am Stop whining and complaining, all of you just want oneshot , gank with 5, no skills needed, nerfed buttons player. Just try to play the game.
maybe stop posting if you dont have anything to say?

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#32 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:59 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm
billyk wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 pm

All that cope lol... wanna tell us your WH rdps build?
What, you are bothered by pulls as a guarded melee dd? Imagine you are being pulled right where you want to be. In case you are in enemy backline with a ST party, you shouldn't be in pull range at all.
dude do you realize that we are talking about WH/WE? those classes usually do not run around with a guard tank.

abezverkhiy

Post#33 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 am

Laelthrin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 am Stop whining and complaining, all of you just want oneshot , gank with 5, no skills needed, nerfed buttons player. Just try to play the game.
Good comment. Stealth is ok. STFU and play. Or become a developer and save us all!
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

billyk

Post#34 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:17 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm What, you are bothered by pulls as a guarded melee dd? Imagine you are being pulled right where you want to be. In case you are in enemy backline with a ST party, you shouldn't be in pull range at all.
Yeah, in the midst of the melee train is right where I want to be as a WH.
Are you just trying to be contrarian?

dalen
Developer

Post#35 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:28 am

d00msday wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:16 am
inoeth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 am
d00msday wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:07 am

Stealth not breaking on damage is a flawed mechanic. There should at least be a chance to pop you out, like the chance to get you from the horse.

Do you think that this is working fine?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/978069871
00:06:20

A full group is smashing on him and can't get him out of stealth. Yeah, in this case he died but there are tons of other situations where he got away and they also have vanish and other tools to escape.

as long as many classes has some kind of aoe dmg which does not need any target, stealth would just pointless since you could insta pop somebody out.
That problem is hard to solve because in 1:1 you want aoe to get the WE/WH out of stealth again and in group/zerg situations you don't want that. However, if there is only a chance to pop them out of stealth and they have vanish and other stuff to counter I don't see an issue there. It's working that way in any other MMO. Damage always breaks stealth.
Yes, but in other games it is also 6s cooldown, instant cast and permanent effect. Instead of 30s cooldown, 2s cast (with 100% chance to interrupt on damage) and maximum 83s duration.

The chance to break stealth on each hit in Warhammer online is 15%.
Source Developer

inoeth
Suspended

Post#36 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 am

vanish as a counter lol good joke
its 2s and then you are visible again....
and even if, would the chance tot pop out of stealth not apply to vanish?
also 50% of the time you vanish you instantly get pulled again or KD making your vanish absolutely pointless

in other games like daoc, stealth is permanent and everyone has a chance to detect you but this is not affected by any stats nor is the detect radius something like 50 feet, its more like 5 feet range and when you get out of that range the stealther can get away again. also stealth is insta and not a 2 sec cast. on the other hand stealth break on dmg 100% but there are very few aoe classes that can aoe without a target. vanish puts you in stealth in fight and keeps you in stealth.
over all stealth feels pretty weak in warhammer

Sulorie

Post#37 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:59 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm
billyk wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 pm

All that cope lol... wanna tell us your WH rdps build?
What, you are bothered by pulls as a guarded melee dd? Imagine you are being pulled right where you want to be. In case you are in enemy backline with a ST party, you shouldn't be in pull range at all.
dude do you realize that we are talking about WH/WE? those classes usually do not run around with a guard tank.
Do you realize, that you are supposed to have a tank in all group fights? This means scenario, city siege and rvr in warband or group. In all those cases, being pulled doesn't matter, because it is balanced with guard and heals in mind.

When you are solo roaming, you are to blame for getting into pull range. Not to mention, that you should be able to kill the choppa, if he's solo as well.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm

d00msday wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm
What is the counter class of a WE/WH in RoR? Following some streamers they seem to have an easy living atm. I don't know about WHs because there are less streamers but WEs kill pretty much everything they come across:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/972398962 @ 02:37:30

Oh, there is a chance to break stealth? Seems a bit low then.

Or maybe there should be garanteed stealth break on stuns.
You seem to be impressed by what you see there.

I see some people being dismounted, while on auto-run and abysmal reaction times.
I see rdps standing still to attack, while being in range and easy targets.
I see well time moral and potion use and especially against the WH a large portion luck.
I see hardly any defensive moves by his victims.
Dying is no option.

Ads
siglade

Post#39 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm

d00msday wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm
What is the counter class of a WE/WH in RoR? Following some streamers they seem to have an easy living atm. I don't know about WHs because there are less streamers but WEs kill pretty much everything they come across:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/972398962 @ 02:37:30

Oh, there is a chance to break stealth? Seems a bit low then.

Or maybe there should be garanteed stealth break on stuns.
A player with a brain counter WE/WH no matter the class but it's rare :?:
bachata, excommunicate abuser