Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Que Awaiting Time

Let's talk about... everything else
Dreadstone

Re: Scenario Que Awaiting Time

Post#31 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:16 pm

it is for order now that they don't have 5 healers to 0/1 to abuse.

Last 4 SC's I was in, Order had between 3 -5 healers. Once, they had a healer lock down a node, it took 4 of us over 2 minutes to kill him.

This is not a matter of "git gud", but one healer, effectively tanking 3 DPS and 1 Tank.

Also, pre-mades should only fight other pre-mades.

Ads
XainDSleena

Post#32 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:26 pm

Since cannot get to play a Scenario in t1-3 for hours on end, the only logical explanation is many users were put in the reserve and left there, key thrown away.

Sulorie

Post#33 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Dreadstone wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:16 pm
Last 4 SC's I was in, Order had between 3 -5 healers. Once, they had a healer lock down a node, it took 4 of us over 2 minutes to kill him.

This is not a matter of "git gud", but one healer, effectively tanking 3 DPS and 1 Tank.

Record it next time, maybe there is something to learn from it.
Dying is no option.

Strakar

Post#34 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:14 pm

Maybe the devs can do an in game survey now that we've seen both options. Generally it looks as if we can't have fast queue and balanced pug scenarios with the current server pop. This is assuming player behavior doesn't change and everyone doesn't start creating premades.

1. Keep the current system, higher queue times, more balance.
2. Revert to prior faster queue and pug/premade imbalance.

I think with keeping the current system we'd need to reduce the event requirements and increase rewards for RP and medals since there would be fewer scenarios popping. Personally, I'm having more fun since the change but getting fewer opportunities to play due to the queue.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#35 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:18 pm

Stupid idea, but how about "small scale scenarios"? Scens that are geared towards 1-2 groups, would require only 1 healer / tank per side(maybe per group too). Don't know. Q should probably be "group" not "warband" based.

Duukar

Post#36 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 pm

This is all very simple and I have been quite vocal about this for some time.

The queue system was just fine before. Lots of pops, some balanced some not. Part of life.

The simple solution was to just improve the rewards for losing with the old system. It shuts everyone up. Makes the levelling and early gearing process easier. Welcomes new players with a less punishing experience.

I don’t understand why with all of our big brains we can’t find a way to make this work.

Warg wouldn’t everyone shut up if losing gave decent xp and renown? It seems so simple.

yoluigi

Post#37 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:36 pm

Would preffer like before.

geezereur

Post#38 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:38 pm

Duukar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 pm This is all very simple and I have been quite vocal about this for some time.

The queue system was just fine before. Lots of pops, some balanced some not. Part of life.

The simple solution was to just improve the rewards for losing with the old system. It shuts everyone up. Makes the levelling and early gearing process easier. Welcomes new players with a less punishing experience.

I don’t understand why with all of our big brains we can’t find a way to make this work.

Warg wouldn’t everyone shut up if losing gave decent xp and renown? It seems so simple.
This x100 it worked fine before everytime I logged in and did couple of scs they where popping fast, now I log in and dont get a single scenario and log out.

Ads
mynban

Post#39 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 pm

I think most people are missing the most crucial part of this argument: Something is wrong with current queue code

It is not just player behavior or more strict queue leading to longer wait times. I will give a very simple comparison; in the past you would get a SC pop up to 15min (if not almost instant some time slots), those games could be anything between 6vs6 to 12vs12

lets assume new code requires 3 more people to queue. it means minimum game start is now shifted to 9vs9. Considering 12vs12 games were not uncommon at all, it still should be popping often enough.

Yet here I am havent played a single T1 and T4 last week with maybe a dozen hours in queue. I got to play some r16-39 games and that's about it. Coding can be messy at times, and it is possible there is single conditional line forgotten there that prevents pops. I have faith in devs to find what the problems is, till then we need to be patient, but also some acknowledgement that it is being looked into would ease community a lot. Thanks

Detangler

Post#40 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:26 am

If you're complaining about wait times, state your archtype. I'm guessing the longest queue times are going to be the most overrepresented DPS classes/DPS spec healer/tank, considering pub warbands are almost always short healers or real tanks.

Maybe run an experiment on your own and try out a healer or tank and see if you get same results?

In either case, this side effect of the narrowed matchmaker was quite clearly articulated by some very intelligent and highly informed (and dashingly attractive, some say!) forum posters prior to these changes. They even took the time to point out that this happened before, yet the cries of the groupless drowned out the more reasoned voices.

As they say, "Those that don't learn from history..."
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable