Recent Topics

Ads

Question for the devs I would really like to see the answer to

Let's talk about... everything else
p00ky

Re: Question for the devs I would really like to see the answer to

Post#21 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 pm

tonewho wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:43 pm Good afternoon fellow warhammer gamers and most especially the dev team that keep this wonderful game running. Thank you very very much for all your efforts.

I have recently had some time off work and been able to spend a fair bit longer on the game than I would usually have time to and I wonder if the devs are aware of the following things that happen every day that you play:

1. Major big guilds doing organised cross realm swaps which ruin normal players efforts at taking a zone and getting bag rewards when they have often been fighting hours in a zone
2. Cross realming Players who purposely take rams to destroy them so one side is unable to be able to attack a zone
3. Cross realming Players who spawn rams and attack keeps when they have set up opposing side warbands to farm the attacking players (this is often apparent which it is because no cannons are taken... )
4. The big guilds who cross realm with such apparent impunity from any action by the development team mean that all the other players can do is then cross realm or otherwise they get no reward for the zone,
which makes the problem even worse as every player then swaps over.
5. Warhammer is at its best when there is someone to fight on equal numbers. Letting big guilds have free rein to adjust the population balance is just going to make the game constantly less fun to play.

This would never have happened on live, the accounts would have been banned. If you want this game to flourish and be enjoyed as intended I hope you will take some serious action to resolve these issues.

It has become so blatant that it is mentioned openly in region and t4 chat.

I look forward to your replies and hope that a solution can be found.

Most of all, everyone take care and keep safe.
This is so ridiculously inaccurate it makes my eyes bleed. These accusations by someone who is influenced by the random /5 chat just brings toxicity into this game. I truly believe you are getting farmed by these larger guilds and this is a rant but it is so missleading to new players.

- Post a pic and proof right now of someone loggin onto another side, grabbing a ram and purposely destroying it or taking it for it to not fulfill its purpose, I dare you. At least be able to name the player or take a screen pic of where the ram is on the map as it is now visible. Im quite sure the Devs will take immediate actions.

- You are saying that organized guilds "prepare a pug warband on one faction" and then this organized guild all switch sides and farm that pug warband? And it seems, by you, that this is often apparent? Ive been playing this game for over a year now and have never come across this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The level of organization you are describing here for a pug warband is outstanding and you say these pug warbands "want" to be farmed?

- If you had enough hours played in this game, you would realize that the few larger guilds that do switch sides always do or try to switch to the side with "less population" as it is very rewarding in terms of AAO and much more challenging. Sometimes they guess wrong or coincide with a guild event of another organized warband setting up soon after they moved over and could make their intentions seem diferent, but it is the only goal. If these guilds didn´t switch sides to try and balance out the population during certain days/hours, it would be one faction just steamrolling the other, so maybe try and appreciate the effort instead of such an inaccurate and offensive post of fake accusations.

- There is already a long lock out after switching factions so players can not constantly switch to and from sides. One switch is definetly needed to keep the balance.

Ads
Vladthedad

Post#22 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:09 am X-realmers arent balancing anything and they are not making for a "healthier" gameplay or whatever nonsense these x-realmer guilds always come up with to defend their behaviour. Their prime objective is lootgain by getting to city. If x-realmers truly were these honorable heroes that they like to portray themselves as, they would play order during EU primetime and destro during NA time. You dont need to switch back and forth 3 times a day to figure that out and therefor theres no reason to have a lockout shorter than 10 hours. The devs have talked about increasing the lockout in one of their twitch-talks so I guess we will see what happens.
Given that IC has been raided far more than Altdorf, I don't think that's really true.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

Panodil

Post#23 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:28 pm

I wonder who these "big" guilds are. not seen any big guilds doing what OP states
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Zhentarim

Post#24 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Vladthedad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 pm Given that IC has been raided far more than Altdorf, I don't think that's really true.
Whats not true? What city being raided the most doesnt really matter when you not loyal to any side anyway, you just push whatever city is easiest or has the most stars.

tonewho

Post#25 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm

p00ky wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:09 pm
tonewho wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:43 pm Good afternoon fellow warhammer gamers and most especially the dev team that keep this wonderful game running. Thank you very very much for all your efforts.

I have recently had some time off work and been able to spend a fair bit longer on the game than I would usually have time to and I wonder if the devs are aware of the following things that happen every day that you play:

1. Major big guilds doing organised cross realm swaps which ruin normal players efforts at taking a zone and getting bag rewards when they have often been fighting hours in a zone
2. Cross realming Players who purposely take rams to destroy them so one side is unable to be able to attack a zone
3. Cross realming Players who spawn rams and attack keeps when they have set up opposing side warbands to farm the attacking players (this is often apparent which it is because no cannons are taken... )
4. The big guilds who cross realm with such apparent impunity from any action by the development team mean that all the other players can do is then cross realm or otherwise they get no reward for the zone,
which makes the problem even worse as every player then swaps over.
5. Warhammer is at its best when there is someone to fight on equal numbers. Letting big guilds have free rein to adjust the population balance is just going to make the game constantly less fun to play.

This would never have happened on live, the accounts would have been banned. If you want this game to flourish and be enjoyed as intended I hope you will take some serious action to resolve these issues.

It has become so blatant that it is mentioned openly in region and t4 chat.

I look forward to your replies and hope that a solution can be found.

Most of all, everyone take care and keep safe.
This is so ridiculously inaccurate it makes my eyes bleed. These accusations by someone who is influenced by the random /5 chat just brings toxicity into this game. I truly believe you are getting farmed by these larger guilds and this is a rant but it is so missleading to new players.

- Post a pic and proof right now of someone loggin onto another side, grabbing a ram and purposely destroying it or taking it for it to not fulfill its purpose, I dare you. At least be able to name the player or take a screen pic of where the ram is on the map as it is now visible. Im quite sure the Devs will take immediate actions.

- You are saying that organized guilds "prepare a pug warband on one faction" and then this organized guild all switch sides and farm that pug warband? And it seems, by you, that this is often apparent? Ive been playing this game for over a year now and have never come across this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The level of organization you are describing here for a pug warband is outstanding and you say these pug warbands "want" to be farmed?

- If you had enough hours played in this game, you would realize that the few larger guilds that do switch sides always do or try to switch to the side with "less population" as it is very rewarding in terms of AAO and much more challenging. Sometimes they guess wrong or coincide with a guild event of another organized warband setting up soon after they moved over and could make their intentions seem diferent, but it is the only goal. If these guilds didn´t switch sides to try and balance out the population during certain days/hours, it would be one faction just steamrolling the other, so maybe try and appreciate the effort instead of such an inaccurate and offensive post of fake accusations.

- There is already a long lock out after switching factions so players can not constantly switch to and from sides. One switch is definetly needed to keep the balance.
Firstly, I have been playing this game since live up until its closure by EA on 18/12/2013 ( I even remember the date it went off ) and then when this server opened untl now so I am not a new player. I just dont post anything on the forums unless its something that seems to be something that needs raising. I prefer to not divert the devs time.

Secondly I dont play alone - I play the game with my wife at the same time and she has been playing as long as I have. We are both quite capable of observing whats happening in the game without having to believe what we see in /1 or /t4 or whatever. Also other players in this thread have quoted as seeing the same thing happen.

Third We both have seen these things happening, so its not just a delusion that I may have been having.

Fourth I didnt say it was the full pug warband that arranged anything. I said that the pug warband leader may not have the warbands best interests at heart when forming the warband and taking the ram to the keep because attacking a keep with no numbers and no cannons and no cover for posterns seems massively incompetent for a warband leader, surely.

Lastly and most importantly, I am raising these issues that we see are happening more frequently over the last 3 months or so. Cross realming is not new and has been around as long as the game as. I am raising that if these methods become seen as common ways to play the game instead of the way it is intended, it makes the game not as fun a game to play anymore unless you are willing to join a big guild and do as they do, and that is not the same way everyone wants to play.

TreefAM

Post#26 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 pm

What is the intended way to play, just chase the fights, if a single 12man, hell even a single wb is stopping your siege efforts in each zone no matter the side then you're doing something wrong.
Organize better instead of expecting easy zones.

lyncher12

Post#27 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:36 pm

remove the lockout and learn to play
thank

Vladthedad

Post#28 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Zhentarim wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm
Vladthedad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 pm Given that IC has been raided far more than Altdorf, I don't think that's really true.
Whats not true? What city being raided the most doesnt really matter when you not loyal to any side anyway, you just push whatever city is easiest or has the most stars.
Well it does, you suggest that realm heroes should stay playing order during EU primetime. Given that IC is rarely above 2*, if that happened order would be prema camped in IC. I'm saying those guilds who choose to fight on the underpopulated side are the only ones stopping the zerg (which occur on both sides) perma pushing city. Instead we actually get to play the game and have fights in the lakes.

You're idea of realm pride is admirable but they are just pixels. You can't honestly say you care whether Karl Franz has his crib raided. People want to play the game and for some, that means playing the underpopulated side, getting organised and fighting back. If that upsets your plan to afk while following the ram, then afking outside a keep and then hitting on a lord for 10 minutes for 5k renown, then that's on you, as that's how you choose to play the game. Can't force others to play the way you want them to play.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

Ads
Zhentarim

Post#29 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Vladthedad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm Well it does, you suggest that realm heroes should stay playing order during EU primetime. Given that IC is rarely above 2*, if that happened order would be prema camped in IC. I'm saying those guilds who choose to fight on the underpopulated side are the only ones stopping the zerg (which occur on both sides) perma pushing city. Instead we actually get to play the game and have fights in the lakes.
I have no problem with people switching sides but you dont need to switch sides 3 times a day to figure out the AAO if thats what you seek. You dont even need to switch once because Destro zergs during EU and sleeps during NA and thats when order pushes to IC. X-realmers dont even need to worry about a lockout timer if their goal is to get the AAO.
Vladthedad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm You're idea of realm pride is admirable but they are just pixels. You can't honestly say you care whether Karl Franz has his crib raided. People want to play the game and for some, that means playing the underpopulated side, getting organised and fighting back. If that upsets your plan to afk while following the ram, then afking outside a keep and then hitting on a lord for 10 minutes for 5k renown, then that's on you, as that's how you choose to play the game. Can't force others to play the way you want them to play.
But is not rocketscience to figure out which side is underpopulated during what times, it really is not hard to figure out. The lockout timer will do nothing for those that know and seek out AAO but X-realmer guilds dont care about the AAO, thats why they come into these threads and post their oneliners. I dont wanna push to city knowing that some other x-realmer guilds held my hand during the way because they are thirsty for loot. Wheres the fun in that? If I had plans sitting outside keeps on my mount watching the door coming down I wouldnt be playing order on primetime.

At least the devs should put a * after the name of people that switch back and forth 3 times a day because they cant figure out were the AAO is. So people that do care about it can avoid x-realmers if they choose to.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#30 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:46 pm

u see alot of ppl pushing on order and logon destro for city.
good thing city happens and bad thing order doesn't have numbers for good wb'S, so destro don't get pop.
maybe a city lockout would help or fixed time for city. idk.
it's the current system, if u don't like it play something else and hope for better times ;)