Recent Topics

Ads

Phoenix Gate scenario, biased for destro, why never fixed?

Let's talk about... everything else
Meliannia

Phoenix Gate scenario, biased for destro, why never fixed?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:15 am

Others have noticed this as well, particularly during event scen weekend, Phoenix Gate,
Im unsure why this has never been fixed as it's a glaring error and give destro a huge bias in every single Phoenix gate scenario every single time flags are taken.
Now you'd think the distance to the bridge from the flags would be equal for both teams as you get 50 points for dropping flag off,
but it isnt
it is not even remotely close
the time it takes for Order from when destro flag is picked up and get to the bridge is 30 seconds, about 476m distance
the time it takes destro from order flag pick up to get to bridge is 19 seconds, about 388m distance

thats 11 seconds difference
if order pick up flag first, before destro , destro get it to the bridge first for 50 points
if order get flag before destro and use Flee!, destro still get it back first for 50points
a white lion can get flag first use Charge! and also Flee! x2 speed boosts and still destro will run it back first.
This is nonsense and should not be allowed to happen.

now i recall destro spotting that Gromgrill Crossing scenario, Order got to centre first by 3 seconds, as Order base was 5m closer to bridge at start of game giving destro a 3 seconds disadvantage. Now the Gms strangely emergency fixed this to stop Order having 3 seconds advantage
so im wondering why phoenix gate with destro 11 second advantage has never been fixed,

there are 3 ways to do this , option 3 is probably the best choice
1. move order flag further away from bridge by 88m (this would mean elongating the map)
2. move the bridge 44m away from order flag, and 44m closer to destro flag (this would mean re arranging middle of map, river, and land)
3. move destro flag 88m closer to the bridge (easy to do no other changes needed)

there is no way a lumbering black orc should be able to pick up the flag AFTER a white lion, the white lion to use x2 speed boosts and pounces and the black orc still beat the WL to the 50 point hand in.

i hope the devs/gms rectify this as they did gromgrill crossing when order had a 3 second advantage,

here's hoping.

The Mel.

Ads
Mordd

Re: Phoenix Gate scenario, biased for destro, why never fixed?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:01 am

the distance thing explains a lot

Duukar

Post#3 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 am

I feel no pity for you with your KOTBS being complete flag cap nightmares. I swear they cap through my aoe damage.

fabrizio3k

Post#4 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:35 am

It surely needs to be fixed, even more important in a +50% renown scenario

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:50 pm

it's 7 sec difference. more or less.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23246

can't believe it was about 3 years ago.
looooong way we've ran.

if they fix it by simple distance, destro had to cross bridge, order not.

maybe something else to be done ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Meliannia

Post#6 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:14 pm

it should be fixed asap
the gromgrill Order base was 3 secs closer to start bridge cap than destro base
when destro complained about this about always arriving late to start bridge cap point, gms/devs/techs did emergency fix patch and moved order base start point 3 seconds further back.

that's fair.

I expect same with phoenix gate, destro flag to be moved the correct distance closer to bridge.

Poor Chinesehero, pointed this out 3 years ago, and nothing was done, that's worrying but not all together surprising unfortunately.
Destro three seconds disadvantage in gromgrill pointed out be destro, fixed within 1 week
Order ELEVEN seconds disadvantage in Phoenix pointed out 3 YEARS ago by Order,,, never fixed,, so here we are again with my thread.

if simply posting here is not sufficient to get this scenario Bias fixed, could a helpful Gm advise me where to send this information so we get a correct and fair Phoenix gate, tuvm

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Like all reports they have to be sent to the bug tracker.

All measurements aside, when does it matter?
It's not like both sides take the other flag uncontested and then only have to run to the bridge.
Dying is no option.

Lithenir

Post#8 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pm

There is a difference between the mechanics in gromrill crossing and in phoenix gate.
If you have a timewise disadvantage in a capture the flag mechanic it's quite unfair.

This "disadvantage" in phoenix gate is no disadvantage at all. This weekend I have seen mutliple reasons why order lost the phoenix gate, neither really had to do with this reason.
Order is simply too stupid to play this sc. No map awareness, no general idea how to play this sc, noone watching for the flag or the carrier to defend in even fights, sometimes no logical thinking, people missing understanding of general mechanics.

Although your goal shouldn't be to take the flag to the bridge, bringing it to homebase gives around 120 points if I counted right + the points that tick while holding it. But for this you need to dominate destro and kind of guard the own flag. Yesterday I saw that order heavily lacks knowledge and understanding in this part. But sure blame it on this meaningless "disadvantage"

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pm There is a difference between the mechanics in gromrill crossing and in phoenix gate.
If you have a timewise disadvantage in a capture the flag mechanic it's quite unfair.

This "disadvantage" in phoenix gate is no disadvantage at all. This weekend I have seen mutliple reasons why order lost the phoenix gate, neither really had to do with this reason.
Order is simply too stupid to play this sc. No map awareness, no general idea how to play this sc, noone watching for the flag or the carrier to defend in even fights, sometimes no logical thinking, people missing understanding of general mechanics.

Although your goal shouldn't be to take the flag to the bridge, bringing it to homebase gives around 120 points if I counted right + the points that tick while holding it. But for this you need to dominate destro and kind of guard the own flag. Yesterday I saw that order heavily lacks knowledge and understanding in this part. But sure blame it on this meaningless "disadvantage"
Most ppl don't even know you can give in flag at bridge
Zputadenti

Lithenir

Post#10 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:39 pm
Lithenir wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pm There is a difference between the mechanics in gromrill crossing and in phoenix gate.

Most ppl don't even know you can give in flag at bridge
True.
Also there are people who don't know that you can take in the flag at the bridge only if both flags are picked up.
Saw a BO yesterday trying desperately to take the flag in at the bridge for like 30 secs without order having destros flag.