Recent Topics

Ads

Armor Talisman & Potions

Let's talk about... everything else
kmark101

Re: Armor Talisman & Potions

Post#21 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm Dunno where you are getting that armour potions were not in the original game as they most certainly were, but armour potions stacked with armour proc buffs or with armour buff skills.

Because they were not, in the original game, they were added later. The problem with them is they turn some class abilities obsolete right now so those classes are losing some of their pros with the balance. Not sure how people not see the problem if one of the WP's prayer is suddenly obsolete, while it would be an integral part of the class/faction balance.

A possible balance I could imagine if armor potions would also provide 250 resistance for all magic damage type as well? NOW that would be game wide balancing for every class...
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:14 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:09 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:39 pm Dunno where you are getting that armour potions were not in the original game as they most certainly were, but armour potions stacked with armour proc buffs or with armour buff skills.

Because they were not, in the original game, they were added later. The problem with them is they turn some class abilities obsolete right now so those classes are losing some of their pros with the balance. Not sure how people not see the problem if one of the WP's prayer is suddenly obsolete, while it would be an integral part of the class/faction balance.

A possible balance I could imagine if armor potions would also provide 250 resistance for all magic damage type as well? NOW that would be game wide balancing for every class...
That will make resist buff/auras obsolete too...

Make pots stackable with abilities and problem of making abilities obsoletes is gone...

AxelF

Post#23 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Make pots stackable with abilities and problem of making abilities obsoletes is gone...
Along with classes who deal physical damage... :lol:

kmark101

Post#24 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:31 pm

AxelF wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 pm

See, the issues are suddenly stacking and neverending... all because of the simple fact of armor potions exist... best example you guys gave here :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:36 pm

AxelF wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Tweak the armor debuffs/armor pen/etc..

The problem if armor pots dissapear is that some classes/abilities will be mandatory...if DOK/WP was the unique healers who can bring +armor buff to party they will be 100% mandatory....really if make armor pots stackable with buffs the problem will be the same, but since ppl are worried for some abilities gone obsolete at least that problem will be solved.

Probably the "armor pot problem" is mostly a solo issue, in a grp/wb fight you will face ppl with armor buffed anyways (by pots or abilities), and you can team to armor debuff....but (again) the solo roamers who dont have access to armor debuff are falling a few behind the ones who have it...

Mystry
Suspended

Post#26 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:34 pm

I've been saying for literal IRL years that the armor meta with potions/talismans is a massive problem, and that they need to be flatly removed. Besides the fact that they almost single handedly allow cloth wearing classes like sorcerer/bw or shaman/am to survive MULTIPLE melee players on them at the same time, they also invalidate skills and force you to also always submit to the precious armor meta or you're at a massive disadvantage.

Which basically means that anyone who does not have a reliable means of getting armor pots/talis (mostly pots since you need a constant drip feed of the things) is grade A boned. You HAVE to have a character with cultivator/apothecary, either your main or an alt, or shell out hundreds of gold for armor pots to be competitive even in pre-60 RR situations. It's absolutely insane in my mind how the game basically revolves around this one tradeskill because armor is so ridiculously strong.

Rant over.

Remove armor pots and armor talismans.

zulnam

Post#27 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:53 pm

I agree with you, but doubt it will ever be implemented. Maybe in 5 years when everyone is RR100+ and sov gear is the baseline to even become viable.

People panic too much without realising that a lot of classes on both sides have armor buffs that, as you said, become obsolete. We would survive without pots.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ysaran

Post#28 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:34 pm I've been saying for literal IRL years that the armor meta with potions/talismans is a massive problem, and that they need to be flatly removed. Besides the fact that they almost single handedly allow cloth wearing classes like sorcerer/bw or shaman/am to survive MULTIPLE melee players on them at the same time, they also invalidate skills and force you to also always submit to the precious armor meta or you're at a massive disadvantage.

Which basically means that anyone who does not have a reliable means of getting armor pots/talis (mostly pots since you need a constant drip feed of the things) is grade A boned. You HAVE to have a character with cultivator/apothecary, either your main or an alt, or shell out hundreds of gold for armor pots to be competitive even in pre-60 RR situations. It's absolutely insane in my mind how the game basically revolves around this one tradeskill because armor is so ridiculously strong.

Rant over.

Remove armor pots and armor talismans.
so basicly you are complaining because you are poor, ok...
Zputadenti

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:29 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 am so basicly you are complaining because you are poor, ok...
No. I have apothecary/butcher on my main so that I can make armor potions easily, and my alt has cultivator for the other potion ingredients. What I resent is being forced to have an alt at all, and being forced to do apothecary because they are so absolutely ball bustingly overpowered. Add that to the fact that Order's grind spots for armor mats are generally dogshit compared to Destro spots (Order's best spot requires you to cross the ENTIRE black crag map to get to, and even then its dependent on a damn PQ which limits your farm), and you get a meta that is not only completely cancerous to the game because it destroys and invalidates class abilities, but it also screws over one side more than the other because Order A. doesn't have good farming spots and B. has far less passive gold income because of a dogshit winrate thanks to how skewed the class distribution is.

Ysaran

Post#30 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:33 am

Mystry wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:29 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:28 am so basicly you are complaining because you are poor, ok...
No. I have apothecary/butcher on my main so that I can make armor potions easily, and my alt has cultivator for the other potion ingredients. What I resent is being forced to have an alt at all, and being forced to do apothecary because they are so absolutely ball bustingly overpowered. Add that to the fact that Order's grind spots for armor mats are generally dogshit compared to Destro spots (Order's best spot requires you to cross the ENTIRE black crag map to get to, and even then its dependent on a damn PQ which limits your farm), and you get a meta that is not only completely cancerous to the game because it destroys and invalidates class abilities, but it also screws over one side more than the other because Order A. doesn't have good farming spots and B. has far less passive gold income because of a dogshit winrate thanks to how skewed the class distribution is.
you know that you can just sell apoth mats (extender, multiplier,...) and then buy armor pots without actually farming them?
i have like ten alts and i don't have one with butchering. I have more than 100g on each character, even 1000g on some. buying a stack of armor pots at 40g or even 60g isn't a problem.
in this game money making is ridicuosly easy and crafting is completely useless. just farm gold and buy what you need at AH or in /4
Zputadenti