Recent Topics

Ads

The elephant in the room

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: The elephant in the room

Post#101 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Stop spamming gtdc and roots and you'll have an easier time with the cc.

Ads
detrap

Post#102 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 am

amagawd wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 pm
amagawd wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:44 am

Yea u should. If u don't understand the very "complicated mechanics" behind the objectives on your map, yes you should. This isn't Mortal Kombat.
There should be kill x enemy players along with the pve elements in the PQ stage 1 for city, that'd give attackers a few tries to push and if it fails and they die too much they are repelled and stage 1 ends as to not make it a snoozefest that loses its appeal and excitement..

atm you usually play safe, camp mid and zzzz, disregarding pve elements and PQ stage because it matters not ???

Wouldn't mind having something like if you kill x players you get a buff in rvr or something like a tie-breaker along with improved diminishing returns from low supply chains so you cant camp indefinetly in keep under siege.

Kills should definetly matter for RVR progression and cities and scenarios, no question about it.. :lol:

On live you had to get rvr tactics that gave bonus morale or drained morale for killing certain races etc, it was something like that..
This seems to be far away from where the topic started if I'm not mistaken. Started from morale pump/dump abilities and ended in city mechanics and mid snoozefest.

Kills matter in scenarios cuz they award points. Let's not turn City and RVR into scenarios.

Back to the topic, like other ppl said I assume this is as it is due to the lack of other tactics and so on. Devs could tweak it a bit down till the rest is implemented (and if) or also, you could start ignoring the blackorks so they don't get the proc ;)
It's the morale pumps that are turning close city fights into a snooze fest ez win for destro. Black orcs and Chosens having M4 ready on cooldown is what is causing all this.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#103 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:17 am

detrap wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 am
It's the morale pumps that are turning close city fights into a snooze fest ez win for destro. Black orcs and Chosens having M4 ready on cooldown is what is causing all this.
Use AM moral pump on KOTBS with solar flare to drain morale => only need 2 classes to counter.

detrap

Post#104 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am

emiliorv wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:17 am
Use AM moral pump on KOTBS with solar flare to drain morale => only need 2 classes to counter.
AM has to solo heal the knight only so you lose a healer for the whole fight that can heal cleanse the warband and a knight with points not put into other useful skills

nebelwerfer

Post#105 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:02 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 am
AM has to solo heal the knight only so you lose a healer for the whole fight that can heal cleanse the warband and a knight with points not put into other useful skills
It's simple, you get one knight and one dps AM instead of 2 dps

dps AM
RoR.builders - Archmage

Knight
RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun

And you make the AM spam Boon of Hysh / Radiant lance to use mechanic to it's potential, destro blob stack up thanks to aoe puddle and sever blessings, it's very useful vs doks/ zealots, blorks and marauder..

You should also bring another healing AM for double the pump and double the puddles and making sure the time on the morale drain is fast enough.

RoR.builders - Archmage

I dont think any of these builds are unviaible or not useful but they sure aren't as easy as destro has it when they can just stack meta tanks and get morales that way but i think it can be more efficient for sure. :ugeek:

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#106 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:15 pm

Vri wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am Destro has anything: NERF. Tank M4 is fine.
Well explained and so eloquently presented. With the overwhelming evidence you provided, surely nobody of sound mind could disagree.

You left out "L2play" and "git gud".

anarchypark

Post#107 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:30 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:02 pm
Spoiler:

dps AM
RoR.builders - Archmage

Knight

And you make the AM spam Boon of Hysh / Radiant lance to use mechanic to it's potential, destro blob stack up thanks to aoe puddle and sever blessings, it's very useful vs doks/ zealots, blorks and marauder..

You should also bring another healing AM for double the pump and double the puddles and making sure the time on the morale drain is fast enough.

RoR.builders - Archmage

I dont think any of these builds are unviaible or not useful but they sure aren't as easy as destro has it when they can just stack meta tanks and get morales that way but i think it can be more efficient for sure. :ugeek:

and by the time when knight m4 rdy, your team has already lost due to lack of dps.
or you're getting harassed by ST grp, doing nothing.
theorycraft is so funny.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

nebelwerfer

Post#108 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:01 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:30 pm
Spoiler:

dps AM
RoR.builders - Archmage

Knight

RoR.builders - Archmage

and by the time when knight m4 rdy, your team has already lost due to lack of dps.
or you're getting harassed by ST grp, doing nothing.
theorycraft is so funny.
Errr, yea it's fun especially when you are theorycrafting a scenario to try and shoot someones theory down in three sentences right? hilarious..

I like to think that i know my stuff, i would presume you do too so you shuold know you can make dps hypermode by building them correctly and propping them up with a great group, allowing room for more utility oriented classes / specs within a warband.

In this case letting your dps matter more by severing blessings / stripping defensive morales..

Ads
detrap

Post#109 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:53 pm

dps AM
RoR.builders - Archmage

Knight

RoR.builders - Archmage

You lose AM dps for a significant amount of time just to pump the knight just for a 30ft morale drain and having more than one then you lose the incredible EoV healing build. It looks like a very niche build for the current meta

Vri

Post#110 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:12 pm

Psychopski wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:15 pm
Vri wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am Destro has anything: NERF. Tank M4 is fine.
Well explained and so eloquently presented. With the overwhelming evidence you provided, surely nobody of sound mind could disagree.

You left out "L2play" and "git gud".
Did not take much to upset you. :lol: