Recent Topics

Ads

Better population balance.

Let's talk about... everything else
Zebuscape

Better population balance.

Post#1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:47 pm

I am noticing a decrease in the number of players in the order and an increase in destruction. At the time of writing, a castle defense is taking place, and the ratio of order vs destruction, there is nothing to say. I believe that soon, there may be a breakdown, that is, without players.
I know the limitations of the server and the "miracles" of those who keep the game free.
So, revising the population would be a very good idea for the game's longevity.

Ads
Foomy44

Re: Better population balance.

Post#2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:38 pm

Genius. All of us sitting here trying to figure out how to fix the games population issues and turns out all we had to do was "revise the population." Thx for the detailed plan.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Valignor

Post#3 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 am

Foomy44 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:38 pm Genius. All of us sitting here trying to figure out how to fix the games population issues and turns out all we had to do was "revise the population." Thx for the detailed plan.
Brutal

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:28 am

So we have a general problem, because a keep has too little defenders?

Are there any statistics I can read about it?
Dying is no option.

sighy

Post#5 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:34 pm

This raises a lot of questions and doesn't really suggest how to incentivise people to play one side or the other.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:28 am So we have a general problem, because a keep has too little defenders?

Sulorie you know there is no defense when its 150 - 50. Can't even get into the keep 90% of the time. They should post pop stats on log in, by class so for those that don't mind playing for either side can make an informed decision to help the game. I hear about this 20% renown buff for switching sides, but have no clue how to activate it or how it works. Is it only on the first character I log into the underdog side. Do I have to log into the over populated side first etc. 1
-= Agony =-

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:53 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:28 am So we have a general problem, because a keep has too little defenders?

Sulorie you know there is no defense when its 150 - 50. Can't even get into the keep 90% of the time. They should post pop stats on log in, by class so for those that don't mind playing for either side can make an informed decision to help the game. I hear about this 20% renown buff for switching sides, but have no clue how to activate it or how it works. Is it only on the first character I log into the underdog side. Do I have to log into the over populated side first etc. 1
When it is loop-sided like this, defending keep is the least favorable decision.

Many don't know how to fight if being underdog, they play as if both sides are equal and you can just defend a keep like normal.

You don't have to defend a zone at all cost, you can take the most out of it and move on.

I have actually little sympathy for people complaining about having no chance, being farmed by zerg or stuff like this.
You (not you specifically) set your own goals for your playtime.
No defenders in keep means barely any rewards for the attacker on keep take, so cut their gains. In the meantime you can farm zerg reinforcements with high aao bonus and focus on winning your fights, not the zone.
Like I wrote before, set appropriate goals, which you can achieve.
Seek enjoyment by killing and beating enemies in smaller battles e.g. at BOs, instead of fighting the whole zerg at a keep for no reason.

When the enemy has a lot more, I often see them camping warcamps e.g. order wc caledor and I ask myself, why order does not leave warcamp to get some flags and force zerg to move, as there are plenty ways. Having not checked it but Kills near BO are supposed to reward you with more rp/xp as well.
There is no warcamp in the game, where you are trapped inside, just because the enemy is blocking one exit.

Btw, as long as you are not pvp flagged, you can relog, so no problem to check pop ingame, if pop on website is not enough.
Dying is no option.

Arek4

Post#8 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:52 pm

t would be a nice solution if DEV introduced dynamic statistics of the number of players of each class. Players have a lot of alt char. This would allow for balancing WB and then it would be quality in the game, not quantity

Ads
basedgodx

Post#9 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm

As a new player seeing 40-60 faction disbalance (50% more players on destruction) is disturbing.
I read some forums posts and it seems that destruction has a lot more geared rvr players who leave order little chance of winning.
Why should anyone roll order if they are not masochists in this situation?
Soon the population will be 35-65 then 30-70 etc. Something has to be done to rectify this.

Caduceus

Post#10 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:20 pm

Those who have played the game for a while know that the populations ebb and flow, and that's fine.

Here are two tips:
1. Accept that sometimes you cannot win, and that victory or defeat in the RvR campaign ultimately does not matter.

2. Learn how to adapt the population distribution, so you can turn in into your favor. And yes, you can get a lot of profit out of being outnumbered if you know how to play.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz