Recent Topics

Ads

Solution to gear gap?

Let's talk about... everything else
yoluigi

Solution to gear gap?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:24 pm

Let's face it most of us that got full BIS sov gear was when we could play full time because of the confinement.
I got alot of new friends that been playing lately and are stuck with Vanquisher for a long time. If you play only 5-7 hours a week good luck getting full invader and sov. (the timing of Fort and cities)
I dont know if there any solution been in the work probably i guess but i'l put some ideas and you guys can give me some ideas on it.
Because right now i feel kinda bad killing people soo easily with a 3-6man roaming the gear gap between vanquisher and Sov is really big. For me personaly when i find the game was the best/fun was when invader/bloodlord was the max gear.

I think something that is around invader gear that can can be optain by open rvr and scenarios would be ideal like that people that play casually could eventualy get the set and be somewhat competitive.
Am not talking about getting sov easier to get. Just something to help it grind it especialy some class like 2h tanks/hybrids dont have dps gear for invader.

Solution:
-Make new gear available with vanquisher token after vanquisher (maybe the Ranked gear? We going season 2 soon anyway) Like that people can get an other set from open rvr same for scenarios.

-Remove the requirement of dungeons (gota do 3 times gunbad for Crypt, 3 Crypt for BS etc) It made sense 1 year ago but right its just annoying if they wanna get there sentinal set just let them have it from doing the dungeons and that's it. (It's a pvp game anyway)

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Solution to gear gap?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm

You think they will survive against a premade, if they are rr80 with sov?
Compare the sets in-depth and check how much more stats they give and then look how big the dmg increase or defense increase is actually.
Do we have a huge gear gap, if one players uses +80 stat potion and the opponent has none? Or when they use crit liniment?
The difference is an improvement but the curve is rather flat. The stats per piece are limited and in line with the gear progression curve.
The group setup and individual play has a much bigger impact than the few % added damage.
Dying is no option.

bongofasgard

Post#3 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm You think they will survive against a premade, if they are rr80 with sov?
Compare the sets in-depth and check how much more stats they give and then look how big the dmg increase or defense increase is actually.
Do we have a huge gear gap, if one players uses +80 stat potion and the opponent has none? Or when they use crit liniment?
The difference is an improvement but the curve is rather flat. The stats per piece are limited and in line with the gear progression curve.
The group setup and individual play has a much bigger impact than the few % added damage.
It does matter in 1vs1 and (very) small scale scenarios, though. You need a really high skill difference to lose if you have better gear which is not the case in many modern MMOs. I know gear should matter due to the nature of the game, but it's tough as hell to progress(read: months of oRvR grinding) if you don't play at the right times for forts/cities.
I suppose this also depends on the philosophy of the developers.

zulnam

Post#4 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm

Once you get full vanq tho all RvR bags also give invader meds. It's actually easier than before. I don't feel this warrants any changes atm. (and once you get 6-piece invader, rvr bags give a choice of invader OR royal meds)

I agree with the PvE set ward requirement in that it feels like an antiquated system; i'm not sure anyone likes it really. It could be removed and, say, Gunbad set tweaked and the whole place turned into a 30-35 dungeon for leveling toons (iirc it was a pre-40 dungeon anyway, on live). No one really wants Redeye anyway, they do it for the ward.

Maybe the ward system will be looked at once they are close to releasing Lost Vale.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Adelmar

Post#5 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm
I agree with the PvE set ward requirement in that it feels like an antiquated system; i'm not sure anyone likes it really. It could be removed and, say, Gunbad set tweaked and the whole place turned into a 30-35 dungeon for leveling toons (iirc it was a pre-40 dungeon anyway, on live). No one really wants Redeye anyway, they do it for the ward.

Maybe the ward system will be looked at once they are close to releasing Lost Vale.
In my opinion, having the rvr sets give wards equal to the pve wards like live had could alleviate the nonsensical pve grind for higher wards/better gear when most simply salvage redeye/sentinel gear.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Sulorie

Post#6 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:28 pm

bongofasgard wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 pm

It does matter in 1vs1 and (very) small scale scenarios, though. You need a really high skill difference to lose if you have better gear which is not the case in many modern MMOs. I know gear should matter due to the nature of the game, but it's tough as hell to progress(read: months of oRvR grinding) if you don't play at the right times for forts/cities.
I suppose this also depends on the philosophy of the developers.
But then I ask, would those players, with very little time per week, go for 1vs1 and encounters, where individual performance matters, like ranked sc and then even expect to win? You need a certain time commitment to actually learn your class and others.
In modern MMO you have hardly any class dependencies, everyone is self-sufficient, playing solo or pug is much easier, this game here is different.
Dying is no option.

yoluigi

Post#7 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Adelmar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 pm
zulnam wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:21 pm

In my opinion, having the rvr sets give wards equal to the pve wards like live had could alleviate the nonsensical pve grind for higher wards/better gear when most simply salvage redeye/sentinel gear.
That makes sense would be a nice change.

kmark101

Post#8 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:45 pm You think they will survive against a premade, if they are rr80 with sov?

For classes that deal physical damage type the difference is supermassive. For magical damage classes not so much.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:32 pm For classes that deal physical damage type the difference is supermassive. For magical damage classes not so much.
So damage drops significantly, when someone puts on an armor potion? I am not seeing this happening. What I see is appropriate support reducing damage big time.
Dying is no option.

yoluigi

Post#10 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm
kmark101 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:32 pm For classes that deal physical damage type the difference is supermassive. For magical damage classes not so much.
So damage drops significantly, when someone puts on an armor potion? I am not seeing this happening. What I see is appropriate support reducing damage big time.
full sov + armor pots makes a big differance. But that's not the topic here we are talking about making it easier for the leveling gear curve for new players and casual players not doing fort and city (because of the time).