Recent Topics

Ads

[Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Let's talk about... everything else
duvalx

Re: [Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Post#21 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm

mogt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am hello,

i think you never played before (i mean AOR), the game design is attack a city and kill the enemy king. the lore is important and not just the pvp opinion from many players.

the city is fine at the moment, the players must learn play their chars and teamplay and how important that it is
you are a lemon! :P
Last edited by duvalx on Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
given up trying to play the good guys!

Ads
duvalx

Post#22 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 am City is the final stage of realm vs realm and reward should depend on the realm effort. Not as it is now, completely disconnected from your realm. Bags should be tied to winning city as a realm and not individual instances. This would solve any issues with que dodging as well. You need your premade wb against the other sides premade wb to even stand a chance of winning the city as a realm.
good idea
given up trying to play the good guys!

Gurf

Post#23 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:21 pm

City is a good challenge for a high level PvP Guild, on Order anyway, as you know if you queue early you are likely to get a challenge like Phalanx or FMJ or someone, so you have to be at your best usually with all 24 playing well to win.

The main retarded part is that in IC they put the boss right next to the Destro Spawn point so even if you kill them they come right out onto the lord, which gives them an advantage in stage 3, also having to go through the two doors to get to the Lords is a bad design.

It would be better for Order also if at least Altdorf is re-designed to be more range friendly and so City isn't always about who has the better aoe melee ball, making some of the Order classes more City friendly.

lyncher12

Post#24 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:53 pm

I thought it would be a complaint about how its random, done for gear and has pve win conditions in a pvp environment. I was disappointed to see it was another order whine topic.

xanderous

Post#25 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm

Did you know that there are certain guilds and premades on order who are queue dodging just to avoid fighting organised players so they can get their easy bags, my alliance on destro has to regularly sit in queue for 20 minutes, sometimes even last 5 minutes before a pop happens, its order player base issue nothing devs can do about it but revert changes i guess and then its back to being more random, imagine throwing your factions pugs to the wolves just to avoid a proper fight.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Banjomissen

Post#26 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 pm

xanderous wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm Did you know that there are certain guilds and premades on order who are queue dodging just to avoid fighting organised players so they can get their easy bags, my alliance on destro has to regularly sit in queue for 20 minutes, sometimes even last 5 minutes before a pop happens, its order player base issue nothing devs can do about it but revert changes i guess and then its back to being more random, imagine throwing your factions pugs to the wolves just to avoid a proper fight.

Imagine Destro players relogging / playing their Order characters to create a more balanced population and giving everyone a chance to get in.

Lots of chances for Destro players to get a proper fight if they just play Order.

Aethilmar

Post#27 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 pm

duvalx wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm
Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 am City is the final stage of realm vs realm and reward should depend on the realm effort. Not as it is now, completely disconnected from your realm. Bags should be tied to winning city as a realm and not individual instances. This would solve any issues with que dodging as well. You need your premade wb against the other sides premade wb to even stand a chance of winning the city as a realm.
good idea
Perhaps you don't remember or weren't around for the original zone lock mechanics. It used to rely on a combination of zone capture, PQ completion and SC wins.

It became VERY toxic VERY fast as people would shame anybody who was queued for SCs in less than a premade and top gear. And even if you were and you lost, man you caught hell from someone about it b/c it delayed the zone lock. Hell they even bitched about people not completing PQs fast enough or dying in RvR (since it changed the score).

Since human nature hasn't magically changed, what do you think happens if they implemented the above?

Wam

Post#28 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:39 pm

Banjomissen wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:39 pm
xanderous wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:20 pm Did you know that there are certain guilds and premades on order who are queue dodging just to avoid fighting organised players so they can get their easy bags, my alliance on destro has to regularly sit in queue for 20 minutes, sometimes even last 5 minutes before a pop happens, its order player base issue nothing devs can do about it but revert changes i guess and then its back to being more random, imagine throwing your factions pugs to the wolves just to avoid a proper fight.

Imagine Destro players relogging / playing their Order characters to create a more balanced population and giving everyone a chance to get in.

Lots of chances for Destro players to get a proper fight if they just play Order.
Imagine wanting to work on your destro characters after carrying order cities for a long time defying people's delusions, instant queing and winning against everyone most the time with non min max setups despite all the "destro is OP" "MSH is OP" "game and life is unfair BS that gets spewed daily on the forums from whining players who have serious learn to play issues and just want to be gifted free stuff and nerf other side instead of "Git gud""

Its crazy i know, very very crazy for a order premade to instant que, I know of one other besides ourselves

You get out what you put in... it is what it is

The system is generous to order and losing, without any effort to make a team... imagine if i could just solo gunbad, bb/be bastion and not have to rely on others on any class... on order you are guranteed cities and action, just people do not like it when its tough and they get exposed. They look for excuses and usually other side is OP, instead of other side just played better. In top tier fights it will come down to small margins and pve.

Order cannot zerg or overly rely on a funnel in cities, people cannot run away or call in a 100 friends... just so much emoness from victim mentality on order.

LOB alliance and our own alliance have proven both sides can be competitive... and Gravord and Sybella have proven /5 can be competitive on both sides, just on order side there is a poor culture problem of wanting to organise and get better individually and collectively, there is always resistance to it from the community because they want easy casual life, their cake and to eat it without any time spent in the kitchen. That is why you see so much tears on this forum time and time again and its priceless, keep on memeing especially if you are one of the order guilds that ques last minute after feeding your pugs to premades.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Martok

Post#29 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:40 pm

All you need to know:

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:14 pmTLDR: when i was farming cities with my main in organized wbs the system was ok...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

adapter
Suspended

Post#30 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 pm

My personal opinion and probably shared by others:

Cities are the worst thing in RoR ever. Badly thought gameplay warband mechanic (to call it in some way). It's just dull, the only reason to play city is to get Royals, it's not because players enjoy City, it's just to get gear, which is also another reason of why it sucks so bad.

But somehow Devs love it and try to push it as it is as the endgame content to play. Seriously, cities are so bad.

Thanks gork i don't need any more Royals now, feels so good not having to play cities.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon