Recent Topics

Ads

[Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Let's talk about... everything else
berneke91

Re: [Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am i can remember that franz and the chaos chicken were pve bosses that you could kill as a warband and get sov pieces for that, is that true? never was rank 40 on live
Can confirm this is correct. But they did overhaul during live also. And i think the last overhaul they did was more or less how it is in ROR right now in cities. cause i remeber the whole Stage 3 champs party thingie from live.
Last edited by berneke91 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Ads
Akalukz

Post#12 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:07 pm

Make the instance 48 v 48, create queue to be 6 man only. Put em together and roll! 24v24 is too small. Look at scenarios, most are 12 v 12 and boring. But Praag and TV scens can be a lot of fun because of more players. More players = more chaotic which leads to better fights as it becomes somewhat unpredictable.
-= Agony =-

Whyumadbro

Post#13 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:14 pm

berneke91 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am i can remember that franz and the chaos chicken were pve bosses that you could kill as a warband and get sov pieces for that, is that true? never was rank 40 on live
Can confirm this is correct. But they did overhaul during live also. And i think the last overhaul they did was more exactly the way it is in ROR. cause i remeber the whole Stage 3 champs party thingie from live.
if RoR would implement the Boss fight instance for the winning team (with less rewards) that would motivate to group up in organized warbands even more! Plus the cool contect factor ofc

TreefAM

Post#14 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Make cities the old pve shitshow so the solo pugs cry even more since they won't be able to just kill them with random nonsense

berneke91

Post#15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:14 pm
berneke91 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 pm
Can confirm this is correct. But they did overhaul during live also. And i think the last overhaul they did was more exactly the way it is in ROR. cause i remeber the whole Stage 3 champs party thingie from live.
if RoR would implement the Boss fight instance for the winning team (with less rewards) that would motivate to group up in organized warbands even more! Plus the cool contect factor ofc
I think they should re-introduce the City occupation mechanic after You won the city battle your faction would occupy the enemy capital for X amount of hours unlocking pve dungeons and other stuff tied to control the enemy capital.

I remeber as Destro you used to be able to hunt down Felix and Gotrek in a tavern in altdorf for some blue weapons that were fairly decent early gear afaik.

Here is a video showcasing the Altdorf BW college pve raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWHZ_OKFkE8
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Kinja

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm
Yes, early live sov came from a pve instance which opened up if the attacking realm won the earlier stage of the city. Premade WBs where jumping in and out of instances to help secure victoy points for the realm. If your realm was outmatched in an instance you tried to coordinate to get another, or better wb, in there to turn it into a win.
by sigmar that would be so epic to have! well the reward should be toned down to some crests but to have this hard boss fight would be so cool
Not really. It was a very lame system which is why they later changed. You basically had multiple PQs in the city that you tried to farm(they rewarded invaders) while also keeping the enemy at bay, tho from what i remember in most instances the enemy just gave up after a few wipes and tried to queue into an empty instance instead. And if you won enough instances you then got to PvE the enemy faction leader like Nekkma says. I was in the first IC siege ever and it was a massive disappointment for everyone talking about in chat that night. The system we have here is much better imho since it actually involves fighting the enemy.

Whyumadbro

Post#17 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Kinja wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:42 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm
Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Yes, early live sov came from a pve instance which opened up if the attacking realm won the earlier stage of the city. Premade WBs where jumping in and out of instances to help secure victoy points for the realm. If your realm was outmatched in an instance you tried to coordinate to get another, or better wb, in there to turn it into a win.
by sigmar that would be so epic to have! well the reward should be toned down to some crests but to have this hard boss fight would be so cool
Not really. It was a very lame system which is why they later changed. You basically had multiple PQs in the city that you tried to farm(they rewarded invaders) while also keeping the enemy at bay, tho from what i remember in most instances the enemy just gave up after a few wipes and tried to queue into an empty instance instead. And if you won enough instances you then got to PvE the enemy faction leader like Nekkma says. I was in the first IC siege ever and it was a massive disappointment for everyone talking about in chat that night. The system we have here is much better imho since it actually involves fighting the enemy.
oh i did not knew that, it just sounded cool to me, when live was mon i could not play to lv 40 and just relied on what was said, hmm thats sad tho that this cool content is implemented in such a boring fashion

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:54 pm

TreefAM wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:16 pm Make cities the old pve shitshow so the solo pugs cry even more since they won't be able to just kill them with random nonsense
LMAO
i was thinking exactly this too...could be really fun!

Ads
Kinja

Post#19 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:47 pm oh i did not knew that, it just sounded cool to me, when live was mon i could not play to lv 40 and just relied on what was said, hmm thats sad tho that this cool content is implemented in such a boring fashion
It could have been cool, yeah, if it was better designed and didn't just encourage people to seek empty instances for ez PvE farm. There were some cool parts tho, like the Gotrek and Felix fight.

duvalx

Post#20 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Josewales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:26 am First off, I understand the Dev team tries to encourage WB play over all other play. But cities are designed by carrot to melee ball trains that favors some classes over others. In turn become a needed poison for pugs and Order who lack the class population to compete through combine. Cities are supposed to be the crown jewel to RoR. Well its a piece of carbon and nothing more. My WL grinded the cities to full Sov before the zone bags last year and it was a quicker grind than it is now. My BW is now half way into her Sov set and last night I had enough. 5 star IC and 3 royals to show for it regardless of top damage and the mysterious contribution system....NTY I rather get the 3 royals from zone flips.

My WL was involved in being part of premades and been on the winning end of a curb stomp many times. I understand when the royals feels like candy, many will think every thing is fine. Not me, I found cities predictable and boring on both ends. 4x2/2/2s, spam cleave and wait for instruction to land moral bombs. Choo choo!

Anyways, I see less and less Order caring about cities now. And the incentive by the dev team to join premades is not working...or we would see more premades and involvement. I pugged my BW last night and it took the 3rd instance to que me in. Means Order are queuing solo more now and just want their quick and free royals. And worse, many are sitting it out now entirely and in turn lesson the pool that the incentive towards premade relies on. Yup today's design outcome is failing. Sorry.

Before those who try to sell pee as rain or accuse of whining....I dont care. I play RoR for the open and 'unpredictable' RVR that 99% other MMOs do not offer or at best reward. Cities to me and others are an inconvenience. I just find it sad is all that cities should be much more than it is where it is not a fun climax for everyone. Maybe use 2 wbs and hold all nodes in stage one as an example...break up the trains and promote unpredictable pvp into cities is my point.

I appreciate the hard work and commitment from the dev team. Its our individual choice to play or not. The ORvR is the reason why I play and not cities. It would be awesome if Cities were part of such fun.

Cheers.
100% agree
given up trying to play the good guys!