Recent Topics

Ads

[Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Let's talk about... everything else
Josewales

[Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:26 am

First off, I understand the Dev team tries to encourage WB play over all other play. But cities are designed by carrot to melee ball trains that favors some classes over others. In turn become a needed poison for pugs and Order who lack the class population to compete through combine. Cities are supposed to be the crown jewel to RoR. Well its a piece of carbon and nothing more. My WL grinded the cities to full Sov before the zone bags last year and it was a quicker grind than it is now. My BW is now half way into her Sov set and last night I had enough. 5 star IC and 3 royals to show for it regardless of top damage and the mysterious contribution system....NTY I rather get the 3 royals from zone flips.

My WL was involved in being part of premades and been on the winning end of a curb stomp many times. I understand when the royals feels like candy, many will think every thing is fine. Not me, I found cities predictable and boring on both ends. 4x2/2/2s, spam cleave and wait for instruction to land moral bombs. Choo choo!

Anyways, I see less and less Order caring about cities now. And the incentive by the dev team to join premades is not working...or we would see more premades and involvement. I pugged my BW last night and it took the 3rd instance to que me in. Means Order are queuing solo more now and just want their quick and free royals. And worse, many are sitting it out now entirely and in turn lesson the pool that the incentive towards premade relies on. Yup today's design outcome is failing. Sorry.

Before those who try to sell pee as rain or accuse of whining....I dont care. I play RoR for the open and 'unpredictable' RVR that 99% other MMOs do not offer or at best reward. Cities to me and others are an inconvenience. I just find it sad is all that cities should be much more than it is where it is not a fun climax for everyone. Maybe use 2 wbs and hold all nodes in stage one as an example...break up the trains and promote unpredictable pvp into cities is my point.

I appreciate the hard work and commitment from the dev team. Its our individual choice to play or not. The ORvR is the reason why I play and not cities. It would be awesome if Cities were part of such fun.

Cheers.
Last edited by Josewales on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
mogt

Re: [Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:35 am

hello,

i think you never played before (i mean AOR), the game design is attack a city and kill the enemy king. the lore is important and not just the pvp opinion from many players.

the city is fine at the moment, the players must learn play their chars and teamplay and how important that it is

Zhentarim

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am

I dont think they should get rid of the 3 free royals for losers because you need it as some sort of incentive for people to stay and take that loss. But restricting it so only full wbs can join would be something even if that ends up with only 1-2 instances in total. It would drive soloers to join up into wbs at least and wb leaders would sort up their wbs the best they can.

It would completely ruin it for "useless" classes though but I guess there will be wbs that will take anything just to fill up their slots so they can queue.

But yeah city siege is garbage.

Josewales

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:44 am

Zhentarim wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am I dont think they should get rid of the 3 free royals for losers because you need it as some sort of incentive for people to stay and take that loss. But restricting it so only full wbs can join would be something even if that ends up with only 1-2 instances in total. It would drive soloers to join up into wbs at least and wb leaders would sort up their wbs the best they can.

It would completely ruin it for "useless" classes though but I guess there will be wbs that will take anything just to fill up their slots so they can queue.

I was saying to get rid of the 3 royals. Rewards can be easily adjusted to help with incentive. The Devs have been doing that with changes. Point is the 'fun factor'. To be honest, if it wasn't for the zone bags offering royals, I probably be checking in end of each week for patch notes while I play another game.

Nekkma

Post#5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 am

City is the final stage of realm vs realm and reward should depend on the realm effort. Not as it is now, completely disconnected from your realm. Bags should be tied to winning city as a realm and not individual instances. This would solve any issues with que dodging as well. You need your premade wb against the other sides premade wb to even stand a chance of winning the city as a realm.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Whyumadbro

Post#6 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am

i can remember that franz and the chaos chicken were pve bosses that you could kill as a warband and get sov pieces for that, is that true? never was rank 40 on live

Zhentarim

Post#7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Josewales wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:44 am
Zhentarim wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:39 am I dont think they should get rid of the 3 free royals for losers because you need it as some sort of incentive for people to stay and take that loss. But restricting it so only full wbs can join would be something even if that ends up with only 1-2 instances in total. It would drive soloers to join up into wbs at least and wb leaders would sort up their wbs the best they can.

I was saying to get rid of the 3 royals. Rewards can be easily adjusted to help with incentive. The Devs have been doing that with changes. Point is the 'fun factor'. To be honest, if it wasn't for the zone bags offering royals, I probably be checking in end of each week for patch notes while I play another game.
There is no fun factor pull from cities even if you get into a really balanced instance, the fun being fighting other players that you can already enjoy elsewhere. The content in city isnt that unique or exciting I feel.
Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 am City is the final stage of realm vs realm and reward should depend on the realm effort. Not as it is now, completely disconnected from your realm. Bags should be tied to winning city as a realm and not individual instances. This would solve any issues with que dodging as well. You need your premade wb against the other sides premade wb to even stand a chance of winning the city as a realm.
I really like that idea.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:14 pm

TLDR: when i was farming cities with my main in organized wbs the system was ok, but now that i gearing another toon soloqueuing the system is bad

at least i agree that the change in the city matchmaking promote the soloq instead forming wbs

Ads
Nekkma

Post#9 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am i can remember that franz and the chaos chicken were pve bosses that you could kill as a warband and get sov pieces for that, is that true? never was rank 40 on live
Yes, early live sov came from a pve instance which opened up if the attacking realm won the earlier stage of the city. Premade WBs where jumping in and out of instances to help secure victoy points for the realm. If your realm was outmatched in an instance you tried to coordinate to get another, or better wb, in there to turn it into a win.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:33 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:53 am i can remember that franz and the chaos chicken were pve bosses that you could kill as a warband and get sov pieces for that, is that true? never was rank 40 on live
Yes, early live sov came from a pve instance which opened up if the attacking realm won the earlier stage of the city. Premade WBs where jumping in and out of instances to help secure victoy points for the realm. If your realm was outmatched in an instance you tried to coordinate to get another, or better wb, in there to turn it into a win.
by sigmar that would be so epic to have! well the reward should be toned down to some crests but to have this hard boss fight would be so cool