Let's talk about... everything else
Andack

Re: Totally not a destro premade sneaking in solo sc

Post#21 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:19 pm
Andack wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am

Funny you think I'm speaking to you, I'm not. Just saying the autor of the post is posting useless screen, when 2 organize wb are confronted, it's hard to tell witch one will win. Not as one sided as it seems
I knew, that your post was directed towards the OP but tbh your pic doesn't help to convince the OP, when order is getting farmed, while SW is doing aoe dmg with their stacked dot, with little effect. :) Not to mention the core of any order city warband, the slayers, are failing hard in this one.
What this screen really does is stack evidence towards the conclusion that Choppa is a better DPS and City class than Slayer, which it is (has more utility and damage). I guess if Choppa had Rampage it would do like 4-5 million damage per city since destro is on the forum all the time saying that rampage is a 20-50% damage buff?

Am I doing random conclusions right?
God... You rly need to learn how this game work.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:15 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm ...
only 500k dmg diference between top choppa and top slayer when destro is stomping order (361 kills vs 49 kills)...if the situation was order stomping destro those slayers will be outdamaging choppas easy...
This is pretty much the message of that screenshot.
Ranking choppa dmg higher than slayer is just ... some form of creative thinking. :D
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#23 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Andack wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm
Spoiler:
I knew, that your post was directed towards the OP but tbh your pic doesn't help to convince the OP, when order is getting farmed, while SW is doing aoe dmg with their stacked dot, with little effect. :) Not to mention the core of any order city warband, the slayers, are failing hard in this one.
What this screen really does is stack evidence towards the conclusion that Choppa is a better DPS and City class than Slayer, which it is (has more utility and damage). I guess if Choppa had Rampage it would do like 4-5 million damage per city since destro is on the forum all the time saying that rampage is a 20-50% damage buff?

And you really should learn how to read and assess context. My point is that trying to build baseless arguments from some random unexplained city scoreboard is dumb and pointless because you can make them say anything you want. But then again, it looks like you missed the point.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

ChicagoJoe

Post#24 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Andack wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:38 pm
Spoiler:

I don't know what Count has wrong. I think the point is that destro is still over tuned, and cries to nerf slayer or copy yet another order skill over to destro without completely counter balancing multiple aspects of the receiving class are ridiculous.

I only know some of the folks in this city group but the some of the slayers are pretty good and have good gear with at least 1 good guild leader. This is probably a semi-organized order 2x2x2 PUG - one of the better fielded order city comps in any given city. You may find a scarier order draw from one of the hardcore or semihardcore guilds but some of those folks only join sporadically now or are leveling destro alts. Meeting up with an equivalent semi-organized destro pug this is the outcome. Meeting an elite semi-elite destro group order wouldn't get a single kill.

Your point about the SH is off as some of the SH in this city are not melee but are doing fine with death blows, but any honest player will admit that SH is probably the best class in the game right now as has too many strengths without counter balancing class weaknesses or limiting mechanics.

As for the OP I agree with most of the destro posters that his SC example of order probably got a bad draw of a tough group, but unfortunately for order that probably happens 75% of the time.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:25 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm What this screen really does is stack evidence towards the conclusion that Choppa is a better DPS and City class than Slayer,
Really? why you just get that conclusion and not "WL is better dps than slayer"? since top order mdps is the wl...
Or maybe, mSH dps sucks (really low on board...)

only 500k dmg diference between top choppa and top slayer when destro is stomping order (361 kills vs 49 kills)...if the situation was order stomping destro those slayers will be outdamaging choppas easy...
FFS read the whole post and think. I am clearly making some bullshit argument (i.e. random conclusion) because that's what ppl do when they take a screenshot that gives no explanation of how the players are geared/grouped/or lead and then make balance recommendations off of them.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:43 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm SH is probably the best class in the game right now as has too many strengths without counter balancing class weaknesses or limiting mechanics.
mSH is OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps.

jonspidy

Post#27 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:43 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm SH is probably the best class in the game right now as has too many strengths without counter balancing class weaknesses or limiting mechanics.
mSH is OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps.
Before Nerf, Knight was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop them
Before Nerf, WL was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, SM was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, rSW/mSW was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps

By your logic all the nerfs were unwarranted and was clearly just a L2P issue for destro.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

ChicagoJoe

Post#28 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm

I don't know, leveling up a SH now, seems so much stronger, versatile and easier than any of the dps I have taken to invader or above. mSH is like the impact of a slayer or choppa without the constant dying, even without a guard. I rarely get taunted by order. I am pretty sure any competent mSH can work their AOE radius advantage around the edges and make a great impact but even an incompetent mSH is tough.

and I don't think you can argue that ranged SH isn't really strong ATM... the class overall is over-tuned.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#29 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:12 pm

jonspidy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm
Before Nerf, Knight was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop them
Before Nerf, WL was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, SM was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps
Before Nerf, rSW/mSW was OP only vs mediocre players, any competent wb know how to drop their dps

By your logic all the nerfs were unwarranted and was clearly just a L2P issue for destro.
I cant tell you what was behind all those nerfs that you saying, ask devs for that or ask to the ppl that called for that nerfs.

The only ability that i see overtuned in order is rampage (after aoe cap increase and the change of guard mechanic)...even if its broken as hell, since is a underplayed class seems that is not causing too much issues.

Mostly of ppl calling for nerfs are solo-players or playing in pugs-unorganized wbs...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#30 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm
. I rarely get taunted by order.
Thx for probe my point.