Recent Topics

Ads

Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Post#1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:49 pm

So I was thinking over the weekend about realm balance etc. How things actually feel in game, classes, skills etc. There are some obvious ones which we see all the time. Rampage / Get tot he Choppa

Destro has 3 Viable AoE Mele DPS, and order only has 2. So let's talk about Assualt SW - This spec should be converted to an AoE spec with a mix of mara / SH skills etc. Should get a Squig Armor type defensive boost with an AoE KD. Everyone knows that Meleball is King of ORvR and Cities. This would place a viable hybrid class similar to SH.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Sundowner

Re: Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Post#2 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:54 pm

bruh :D

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:54 pmbruh :D
Great answer :) Seriously tho, is that not part of the imbalance? Set me right if not.
-= Agony =-

Sundowner

Post#4 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Great answer :) Seriously tho, is that not part of the imbalance? Set me right if not.
aSW already gets +2x armor as does squig armor. putting aoe kd on character with leap will be overkill for balance :mrgreen: plus giving AOE skill to career with only ST viability is not very good idea, see WH with armor debuff

Akalukz

Post#5 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:04 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:02 pm
aSW already gets +2x armor as does squig armor. putting aoe kd on character with leap will be overkill for balance :mrgreen: plus giving AOE skill to career with only ST viability is not very good idea, see WH with armor debuff
What am I missing on the 2x Armor? Putting AOE KD isn't much diference than AoE KB on SH with leap, although I can see it being stronger. But again, why not try to bring balance to the realms? Instead of aSW give AoE KD to WL, and give aSW kaboom. You hear about the imbalance of rdps to mele dps on Order all the time. Everyone knows that single target MDPS is basically a wasted spec, so why not make the aSW viable in RvR.
-= Agony =-

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:49 pm So I was thinking over the weekend about realm balance etc. How things actually feel in game, classes, skills etc. There are some obvious ones which we see all the time. Rampage / Get tot he Choppa

Destro has 3 Viable AoE Mele DPS, and order only has 2. So let's talk about Assualt SW - This spec should be converted to an AoE spec with a mix of mara / SH skills etc. Should get a Squig Armor type defensive boost with an AoE KD. Everyone knows that Meleball is King of ORvR and Cities. This would place a viable hybrid class similar to SH.
This have nothing related to balance when you are ommiting (on purpose) the aoe spec the rSW have. So, change the thread name to "BUFF ORDER MDPS"

You want SW with a viable aoe melee spec without losing any of his aoe ranged abilities....yes sound balanced.

We need more order lobbist making meme threads like this.

Gurf

Post#7 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Skirmish Shadow Warrior can already do good aoe DPS in a Warband, Assault SW isn't going to get aoe DPS just like Ranged Squig Herder isn't going to get aoe dps, because it has its aoe in a different spec already.

The main problem or imbalance is that Skirmish SW is pretty much dependent on SM Whispering Wind in party to do competitive level aoe, which is similar to MSH needs BO or Choppa. The difference being its much easier for a MSH to get that in both organised groups and pugging. The chance of a SW getting a SM in a Pug group or random City is pretty small, while the chance of MSH get a BO or Choppa is very high

To balance this out Whispering Wind should be made undefendable and a greater cooldown should be put on Waaaaaggh.

jughurta69

Post#8 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:52 pm

aoe is problem not the solution . too much aoe , damage aoe is too high no strategic fight , only no brain spam

melee aoe
Destro choppa ( squishy) , mSH ( intermediate) , mara ( very tanky) , magus(tanky)
order slayer (squishy), WL (intermediate), ingé (tanky)

Range aoe
Destro Magus (intermediate) , sorc (squishy)
Order Engi ( intermediate) , BW (squishy) , SW (squishy)

Order lack 1 aoe mdps very tanky changing WL intermediaire to very tanky
Last edited by jughurta69 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:58 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm
Akalukz wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:49 pm So I was thinking over the weekend about realm balance etc. How things actually feel in game, classes, skills etc. There are some obvious ones which we see all the time. Rampage / Get tot he Choppa

This have nothing related to balance when you are ommiting (on purpose) the aoe spec the rSW have. So, change the thread name to "BUFF ORDER MDPS"

You want SW with a viable aoe melee spec without losing any of his aoe ranged abilities....yes sound balanced.

We need more order lobbist making meme threads like this.
Maybe they should nerf order AoE DPS for the SW then. I think you mistake me for someone that isn't interested in the game as a whole rather a specific realm. I truly like both sides of the game. There is definitely a feel of unbalance in the game while playing. People seem to be struggling to put a finger on it. But it is there. Not sure if it is gear / renown points / class balance / realm balance or what. But there is something and anyone that is trying to say otherwise is not looking at the big picture.
-= Agony =-

Akalukz

Post#10 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:35 pm Skirmish Shadow Warrior can already do good aoe DPS in a Warband, Assault SW isn't going to get aoe DPS just like Ranged Squig Herder isn't going to get aoe dps, because it has its aoe in a different spec already.

The main problem or imbalance is that Skirmish SW is pretty much dependent on SM Whispering Wind in party to do competitive level aoe, which is similar to MSH needs BO or Choppa. The difference being its much easier for a MSH to get that in both organised groups and pugging. The chance of a SW getting a SM in a Pug group or random City is pretty small, while the chance of MSH get a BO or Choppa is very high

To balance this out Whispering Wind should be made undefendable and a greater cooldown should be put on Waaaaaggh.
I agree to a degree, but there is a huge difference in between a push by RDPS and a push by MDPS. Skirmish SW are rarely going to be able to push a position or objective, unlike a mSH.
-= Agony =-