Recent Topics

Ads

Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: Balance the AoE Mele DPS

Post#31 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 am

Jesus, another thread where a 2 second AoE knockdown is the REAL issue with game imbalance. Jist give it to Order already so they find something else to complain about. Order needs a 3rd aoe melee option for sure - only because close quarters melee shines in scenarios and cities.

Remove SW pounce ability. Replace with a 2 sec aoe knockdown.
Tone down single DD melee.
Give SW a couple spammable spec'd aoe abilities.

Then Order can realize that it's only 2 seconds. If your warband wipes cause a couple of your healers bunched up for a quick knockdown, you got bigger problems than the marauder gimmick ability....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#32 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:05 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:33 pm And to the point, if Order stacked 8 Slayers per warband they would be fine because its the 2nd best DPS next to Choppa in the ORvR/City game.
If you ever try this comp, test it against 8 Marauder and tell me how much fun you had :)
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

agemennon675

Post#33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:39 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 pm the real question is, wtf you want another aoe melee dps if order have the best one atm and its one of the least played class...as i see right now, if devs change SW to aoe melee dps (instead of ranged) ppl will stop to play them.

why order will play aoe melee SW when they are refusing to play slayers? really i cant understand.
I love the playstyle of SL/Choppa but I cant see myself playing as an orc or dwarf character, I tend to stop playing a character if I cannot get myself like how it looks. Maybe thats why SL is underplayed but I am not going to assume why others dont play it :)
Last edited by agemennon675 on Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Sundowner

Post#34 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:49 am

Detangler wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 am Jesus, another thread where a 2 second AoE knockdown is the REAL issue with game imbalance. Jist give it to Order already so they find something else to complain about. Order needs a 3rd aoe melee option for sure - only because close quarters melee shines in scenarios and cities.

Remove SW pounce ability. Replace with a 2 sec aoe knockdown.
Tone down single DD melee.
Give SW a couple spammable spec'd aoe abilities.

Then Order can realize that it's only 2 seconds. If your warband wipes cause a couple of your healers bunched up for a quick knockdown, you got bigger problems than the marauder gimmick ability....
"gimmick ability"

agemennon675

Post#35 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:55 am

BTW to reply to OP, this is probably not going to happen, there was a moment to make this happen before the SW rework but the team probably decided to make Skirmish/AOE, Assault and Scout/Snigle target so its now done, they could've mirrored SH but they probably though it would be boring and I agree with them. The real imbalance comes like this: Careers like ASW/WH/WE locked to Single target when they pick their spec, absolutely 0 aoe meanwhile there was a time MSH had both ST/AOE in same spec with the click of tactic change, absolutely overstacked with abilities. Now it was tuned down a little with recent patches and sharp tooths tactic getting changed but the spec can still go do anything. This is not only present for SH, Slayer/Choppa for example can do both as well, you are in aoe spec but you can still get HD and apply great ST pressure to anyone, this just means while other careers needs and entire spec/stance change to be able to switch around are in a bad spot meanwhile others who can do everything in single spec shines hence people tend to search for these careers.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer