Recent Topics

Ads

kotb or IB

Let's talk about... everything else
bunyman4

kotb or IB

Post#1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:44 am

Hello I am a big noob and have tried every class to about 15. I have settled on either KOTB or IB, I am wondering what the difference is between these classes in terms of why you would pick one or the other. I feel like at least at this level I am strictly more effective as a kotbs. Passive auras and doing alot more damage. Why would one pick IB?

Ads
fabrizio3k

Re: kotb or IB

Post#2 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:27 am

Kotbs, especially as a new player, is the way to go. It is the staple of every high level, organized party and is easier to play efficiently.
IB is more complex but more versatile in its builds and imho the best turtle tank in the game.

Panodil

Post#3 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:41 am

IB is supergood but a bit more work to play. Have more offensive capabilities in endgame. If you are a meleedps IB is what you want as a buddy.

Kotbs is even better for group but strictly cc, buff and controlling the fights. No damage.

Both have excellent snb and 2h specs. Either way tank is just best pick.
I would go kotbs until you get a hang of guardswapping and cc game( knockdown, knockback, snares)
Then i would make a IB a bit down the road when the cc is a norm to you. On IB you have so much buffing that cc might suffer if you dont have this down already.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ysaran

Post#4 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:39 am

bunyman4 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:44 am Hello I am a big noob and have tried every class to about 15. I have settled on either KOTB or IB, I am wondering what the difference is between these classes in terms of why you would pick one or the other. I feel like at least at this level I am strictly more effective as a kotbs. Passive auras and doing alot more damage. Why would one pick IB?
Since you are new, go for Kotbs. it's the best tank in game. honestly, it do no damage at all, but it has the highest utility between all the tanks. it's the first pick for both wb and party. as a order player, you can't really think about making a party/wb without kotbs.
also, it's the easier class to play in the whole game
Zputadenti

normanis

Post#5 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:33 am

as kobs , evryone will take u
for ib ppl will take u if there is noone ather tanks left.
p.s if your friend is slayer than ib
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:03 am

KoTBS is THE best tank in the game, period.

It has everything you want as a tank.

Only reason to pick IB is:

1) You like cool dwarves over boring humans.

2) You have a friend who plays Slayer to duo with for some ass-kickin': IB and BG make the best MDPS guard tank because of their mechanic.

Phantasm

Post#7 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 am

Like someone stated in some thread before, Ktbs is one dimensional tank - group play as defensive support. Which is its strength and weakness same time. Can be quite boring after sometime. But if u new to game ktbs is best class to learn archetype. Trust me, if u pick IB as your 1st mature class u will get overhelmed with amount of skills. So instead of on focusing on learning dynamics of gameplay you waste time on finding right time to use 20+ skills. And T1 is very very static if u compare it to T4 gameplay.

lifeson

Post#8 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 am

yes knight probably, really good, simple mechanic, about as much fun as watching paint dry.
go SM or IB

Ads