Recent Topics

Ads

Order is the new chaos?

Let's talk about... everything else
Nosun

Re: Order is the new chaos?

Post#101 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Bombling its up to us is it? While i see you are playing a sorc in t2 from fixxers stream. LOL Fix it order while i play destro. LOL Typical ror mentality fix the problem while i add to the problem.

Ads
Twyxx

Post#102 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm

Nosun wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:18 pm Bombling its up to us is it? While i see you are playing a sorc in t2 from fixxers stream. LOL Fix it order while i play destro. LOL Typical ror mentality fix the problem while i add to the problem.
I don't really see your point.

Rapzel

Post#103 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 pm

kmark101 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm I'm surprised that noone mentioned yet one of the most important reason why Order lacks tanks (and that starts the whole bad setup chain reaction). It's actually very simple.

My theory has always been that even tanks need to have a spec to be able to do some damage (in every game, to keep it healthy). Black ork is greatest example and explain why it is super popular, it's the best designed (tank) class in the game but not because of it's utility.

Regardless of any utilities you have, there must be a spec/build that once in a while you can go and wreck havoc with, otherwise people just get bored playing only "utilities". This is axiom one.

So while tank damage sounds like a negligible topic, it is actually the root of all order's problem: because MMO players mostly, inevitably interested about damage, doing damage (not soaking), that's everyone's nature... now its cool that to be able to function well you do minimal damage, strap on a shield and help your mates... thats cool for 95% of your playtime... but that remaining 5%, where you just want to join an SC and smash people hard... that is whats missing from order tanks... and that's why ppl dont play order tanks. It's an extremely important aspect of the game and it clearly explains why for example knight population drops massively after nerfs like Runefangs and why Chosen population skyrockets after buffs like full spirit damage.

It's no surprise that black orks are the best tanks in the game, it's exactly for this reason, it has the perfect amount of utility, survivability, etc.. BUT also the perfect amount of damage if they spec for it once in a blue moon... so this keeps players motivated to keep playing them even outside of strict guild wb hours of snb'ing.
Have you heard about our lord and saviour Knight of the Blazing Sun?
It's viewed as the best tank in the game for pretty much everything except PvE.
Yet it does the least damage in the game, how does that work according to this logic?
Sure BO is a great WB tank, but it's also probably (the other contender for this being SM) the worst tank in comp. 6vs6 atm.
Sure it may be a pug stomper, but the morale nerf really hit it hard, all it brings is raw damage and stat steal.

kmark101

Post#104 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:49 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 pm
Have you heard about our lord and saviour Knight of the Blazing Sun?
It's viewed as the best tank in the game for pretty much everything except PvE.
Yet it does the least damage in the game, how does that work according to this logic?
Sure BO is a great WB tank, but it's also probably (the other contender for this being SM) the worst tank in comp. 6vs6 atm.
Sure it may be a pug stomper, but the morale nerf really hit it hard, all it brings is raw damage and stat steal.

That exactly proves my point if you think about it. Knight is viewed as the best tank, yet barely anyone plays it nowadays since the Runefang nerf cause it lost its only option to do any damage in any setup. Similar to BO, you claim it's a pug stomper, etc.. (you forget about cool abilities like CD decreaser, self morale pump to bellow (which is damage!!!!! there, again!), yet it's the most popular tank class. Why? Because it has a setup where it can do respectable damage so people like to play it and tinker with it, even if they are using it's utilities 90% of the time.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

teiloh

Post#105 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:04 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 pm It's viewed as the best tank in the game for pretty much everything except PvE.
You hear this all the time, but I'd love to see this substantiated.

Paxsanarion

Post#106 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:19 pm

Part of me says play Knight because it is the most helpful for the team...and part of me says play Swordmaster because its slightly more fun and interesting and cool looking...while still tanking and helping the group marginally. Ironbreaker is the most fun but also most difficult to play and help the group...in my opinion :-)

Mystry
Suspended

Post#107 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:27 pm

teiloh wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:04 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:39 pm It's viewed as the best tank in the game for pretty much everything except PvE.
You hear this all the time, but I'd love to see this substantiated.
Because every single time someone asks which tank to play on Order, everyone says Knight, and every single group wants a Knight for everything except PvE, and even then it's still really strong. Auras are just that good.

wonshot

Post#108 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm

Nosun wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:18 pm Bombling its up to us is it? While i see you are playing a sorc in t2 from fixxers stream. LOL Fix it order while i play destro. LOL Typical ror mentality fix the problem while i add to the problem.
100days ingame playtime on the Brightwizard, been part of 3 competitive warband guilds as officer, recruitment-responsable, and shotcaller.
but the lvl 38 sorc with 15hours playtime or so is not allowed? :roll: How else am I to get firsthand experience with how other classes function and what their strengths and weaknesses.

I honestly feel like ive given Order a solid try, trying to build something or support any guild i found worth investing time into. Probably more than most, might give Order an other go. But for now im casually logging in one hour here and there between moving house. if there is an order discord 2-2-2 warband running let me know, because destro are reaching out big time with group offers.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#109 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:54 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm
100days ingame playtime on the Brightwizard, been part of 3 competitive warband guilds as officer, recruitment-responsable, and shotcaller.
but the lvl 38 sorc with 15hours playtime or so is not allowed? :roll: How else am I to get firsthand experience with how other classes function and what their strengths and weaknesses.

I honestly feel like ive given Order a solid try, trying to build something or support any guild i found worth investing time into. Probably more than most, might give Order an other go. But for now im casually logging in one hour here and there between moving house. if there is an order discord 2-2-2 warband running let me know, because destro are reaching out big time with group offers.
looks like he find someone who blame, as you predicted LMAO

teiloh

Post#110 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:25 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm 100days ingame playtime on the Brightwizard, been part of 3 competitive warband guilds as officer, recruitment-responsable, and shotcaller.

Test out some Sorc bomb rotations!