Recent Topics

Ads

Back after few years break ( original server closed)

Let's talk about... everything else
Leszu

Back after few years break ( original server closed)

Post#1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Hello!
I havent been to warhammer since the oryginal game closed in 2000 something :D
I Was playing mosty casual, but had WE 94rr. I mosty liked going solo RVR ganking/ scenarios ( obviously keeps/ capitols for gear).
I tried return of reckoning a few years back, but it wasnt as good as the standard one so i deleted it and never turned back.
Recently, I spotted on facebook, that the server is still running, so i thought I will give it a go and... its AWESOME :), almost ( if not the same) like old days.
I was wondering ( since I read some threads about different class balancing) what are the changes to the classes, that differ this build to the old one? Are some classes UP and not worth investing time to?
I need to add, that I dont have the time I had couple years ago ( got wife, daughter, day job etc), so i would like to focus on 1 maybe 2 classes:)
I wanted to give a WH a go, but I read here about shitty balancing, so I dont know if I wont get too frustrated and quit for good:) ( BTW my first love in 2008 was SW, still got thrills when thinking of first scenarios hehe:) )

cheers

Ads
Wam

Re: Back after few years break ( original server closed)

Post#2 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:55 am

Leszu wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:10 pm Hello!
I havent been to warhammer since the oryginal game closed in 2000 something :D
I Was playing mosty casual, but had WE 94rr. I mosty liked going solo RVR ganking/ scenarios ( obviously keeps/ capitols for gear).
I tried return of reckoning a few years back, but it wasnt as good as the standard one so i deleted it and never turned back.
Recently, I spotted on facebook, that the server is still running, so i thought I will give it a go and... its AWESOME :), almost ( if not the same) like old days.
I was wondering ( since I read some threads about different class balancing) what are the changes to the classes, that differ this build to the old one? Are some classes UP and not worth investing time to?
I need to add, that I dont have the time I had couple years ago ( got wife, daughter, day job etc), so i would like to focus on 1 maybe 2 classes:)
I wanted to give a WH a go, but I read here about shitty balancing, so I dont know if I wont get too frustrated and quit for good:) ( BTW my first love in 2008 was SW, still got thrills when thinking of first scenarios hehe:) )

cheers
depends on your playstyle, timezone and patience

if you want solo / group / warband

how organised / casual

and which realm, looks like you want order

order have issues because they are fairly casual, zergy and ranged dps overloaded ... so in open / defenses in rvr and forts they do well, in cities ranged have a harder time...

if you play eu primetime zones will be very active so solo roaming might be hard to find seperate fights, but saying this in na time sometimes there is a big numbers imbalance one side just zerging to city, but overall the population is smaller so more roaming style is to be expected over mass fighting which happens in eu primetime.

WH has new stealth recently, so can perma stealth aslong as it has AP, it also has a second quick stealth from right tree... crit on this server got changed a bit and gear isn't as overpowered and broken as it was on live are some noticable differences

Also playing MDPS without support and being a lowbie can be a bit of a rough journey at times, especially if you are inexperienced ...

Order has some good 6 man's but they are full of veterans and probably not looking to recruit that much, especially a lowbie and WH is not a highly desirable class for the most part, because its AOE is pretty weak and other classes kinda do the job better than it (slayer) and if there are already well ebstalished WH's reputation/skill wise and gear wise then you have a long ways to go to take their spot.

Cities is similar (end game gear) WH's are pretty undesired unless have a reputation, there is 8 dps spots, 2 dps spots for ST if you are running st group, so maybe 1 spot for WH per a instance, and there is 5 instances usually at NA time when there is city, to maybe 20 instances at EU primetime aprox (which is alot rarer) order generally have 40-45% population when there is cities so "instance pops" are more likely, so if you solo que you can gear up more reliabily, but expect to face many destro 2-2-2 premades if pug/alliance or guild... and more often than not order lose city instance (not to imbalance of classes) but usually to poor class distrubtion, leading and assisting. Recent armour debuff made WH a little more desirable but there aint too many great WH and competition for spots should be fierce.

You can still do nice things on WH and if you are patient can wait for ambushes and gank people... just its a very different playstyle, unless you have a premade built around you. If you do not mind dying and trying to gank people it can be a fun class, if you have aao(against all odds renown bonus) your solo kills will get you big return.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Sponn
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:57 am

"I was wondering ( since I read some threads about different class balancing) what are the changes to the classes, that differ this build to the old one? Are some classes UP and not worth investing time to?"

I would avoid Archmage, Shadow Warrior, and Witch Hunter atm. Low group utility and they only really shine at high end once you get a lot of gear, and even then they are situational.

Also I would roll Destro for sure, they have an easier time with just about everything. I think in the past year there were only 2 months out of the year where Destro didn't have the population advantage on average.

You can still kick ass as a WE, sometimes people want 1.... sometimes 2, in a grouped Warband for single target pressure and scouting.

Leszu

Post#4 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 am

Thanks for the replies!!
I will go for WE then for now and see how it turns out on higher lvl/rr...
BTW im not that noobish, I've had about 3k hours on my old WE so i think I will regain my reputation later on ;)
Btw, I play on EU time and prefer scenarios/ rvr ganking/ small group rvr fights over everything else, thats why stealth is desirable feature for me to avoid larger groups ( or die after killing someone:P).
I have never played WL. One day my friend got frustrated ( in 2012 or something) and stopped playing for a while because of pounce spamming WL in ORVR. I have never had problem killing WLs on my WE ( even when I was 70ish, on 90s it was easy peasy).
What is the state of WL nowadays? Maybe its time for trying something new :D
Cya arround

soldude

Post#5 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46 pm

Leszu wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 am Thanks for the replies!!
BTW im not that noobish, I've had about 3k hours on my old WE so i think I will regain my reputation later on ;)
Btw, I play on EU time and prefer scenarios/ rvr ganking/ small group rvr fights over everything else, thats why stealth is desirable feature for me to avoid larger groups ( or die after killing someone:P).
I have never played WL. One day my friend got frustrated ( in 2012 or something) and stopped playing for a while because of pounce spamming WL in ORVR. I have never had problem killing WLs on my WE ( even when I was 70ish, on 90s it was easy peasy).
Cya arround
bis gear + ra 8k burst 3 second. Vanq gear+ra 4-5k burst 3second. WB not bad for low gear. Mom+SS if u love attack speed not bad too. Have nother build full deff+wb. Can fight 1vs2. But WE still usseles in fort and city if u dont have premade, wb.
Ra build https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2991,5601
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;3;0;0

bis gear: have 25% crit chance its fine for pvp here.
4% from sentinel,
3% fortress
2% bloodlord
5% liniment
+ % from gear and set bonuses.
When RA crits = 1300 - 1400

Alternative WE full deff build viewtopic.php?f=73&t=38957#p419456
What is the state of WL nowadays? Maybe its time for trying something new
-is fine ;)

Leszu

Post#6 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 pm

soldude wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46 pm
Cya arround
bis gear + ra 8k burst 3 second. Vanq gear+ra 4-5k burst 3second. WB not bad for low gear. Mom+SS if u love attack speed not bad too. Have nother build full deff+wb. Can fight 1vs2. But WE still usseles in fort and city if u dont have premade, wb.

4% from sentinel,
3% fortress
2% bloodlord
5% liniment

-is fine ;)
Thanks for the guidelines :)
In old days I was running with WB build till 90, then, with doomflayer i was OYK but,,, heal debuff over KD? I know WH have upper hand with possibility to get both in one tree if I remember correctly and it sucked not being able to get both on WE, but I always had to go with suffering for it. Or was it like that back then... i cant fu..ing remember LOL, is OYK enough? For example, not being able to KD ranged char and kill it before i bounces me back is kinda boomer, dont You think?:D

cheers
P.S. WTF with scenarios 16-39 lvl, I feel like i could sit on the spawn and it wouldnt make a change while im 16 lvl... Same in ORVR :) ehhh, playing heal/RDPS seems easier on the way up to 40...

soldude

Post#7 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Leszu wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 pm
soldude wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46 pm
Cya arround

4% from sentinel,
3% fortress
2% bloodlord
5% liniment

-is fine ;)
Thanks for the guidelines :)
In old days I was running with WB build till 90, then, with doomflayer i was OYK but,,, heal debuff over KD? I know WH have upper hand with possibility to get both in one tree if I remember correctly and it sucked not being able to get both on WE, but I always had to go with suffering for it. For example, not being able to KD ranged char and kill it before i bounces me back is kinda boomer, dont You think?:D

cheers
P.S. WTF with scenarios 16-39 lvl, I feel like i could sit on the spawn and it wouldnt make a change while im 16 lvl... Same in ORVR :) ehhh, playing heal/RDPS seems easier on the way up to 40...
dont love oyk, no elixir of shadow for mobility, no range aoe knock. With carnage u dont have problem vs tanks like ss+mom.
u can test all build and take what u love ;) im used 3 build, RA, SS and WB- if im in def gear.
Yes here after t1 all played togtheter 16-39, server dont have pop like live )

Leszu

Post#8 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:14 pm

I'm 27/29 now on my WE and I have to say damn... this game is good :) its even better than before. I remember starting a few month after this server started, and it was soo laggy, bugged... I left, but now i regret being so long away from this :) Even the booster system worka fine, so the lowbies below 40 can have fun. Im so glad Im back!
Cya arround guys :)

Ads