Recent Topics

Ads

Your out-of-meta builds

Let's talk about... everything else
fabrizio3k

Your out-of-meta builds

Post#1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:28 pm

What are some of your builds that are unconventional but still managed to be of some use in limited cases?

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Your out-of-meta builds

Post#2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 pm

fabrizio3k wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:28 pm What are some of your builds that are unconventional but still managed to be of some use in limited cases?

Runepriest. This one relies on good armour (660pot needed) and 500+ tough. Willpower around 700, all the heal crit you can get.

Battlerunnie

One point left for swapping Ancestral Inheritance (when you're with good team) for either Earth's shielding or Concussive runes. Throw Master rune of Speed on your casters and Adamant one on your melee. Rune of Battle is best used on KotBS and SMs, IBs melt without good resistances.
Cast Rune of Burning on shammies and watch them burn to a crisp. Works on SHs too.
I highly recommend harbinger addon to keep track of your Rune of Breaking. Harbinger addon ftw!

-
-

ArchMage. 750-800 WP (with pot), 450-500 tough, 660 armour pot, 400+ int, all the heal crit you can get.

Battlemage

You can swap cleansing flare (highly situational) to Apotheosis (trade transfer magic for that). Debuff all you can with tough and stat debuffs, cast MoM on enemy melee balls, drain meatballs and stop choppas at m2. Heal debuff to help your dps team. Dissipating energies, like runnie's RoB, is best cast on KoTBS and SM, most of currently (mis)specced IBs will melt without help.

-
-

I use both specs in warbands, parties, forts and cities. You could say these are my standard roaming builds :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Sponn
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:01 pm

Out of meta builds?

Just roll a SW, AM, WH and you've already rolled an entire out of meta class!

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:04 pm

My Eternal Run shaman. I took 30 rr points in rr run too. Stack toughness and wounds, FS IV, slot some tactics like Look Behind You + Run Away + Instant Rez + Greener n' Cleaner (extra hot when you dispell something). Not original, not useful, but omg so fun. SCs are the best, hot+hot+hot jump off tall something, rez someone on the way down so stun is worn off when you land. Never gets old.

I also had a zealot with about 935 Initiative, stacked dodge/disrupt stuff where I could, and laughed as 4 engies, a RP, and slayer couldn't take touch me (detaunt slayer, ignore rest). Had to tweek the build a bit at times to WH hunt and stun them in keep while they're stealthed, then yell for mass aoe on my spot; hint, 350+ is fine and you only check in your front arc really anyways so that was a waist. I miss her the most of all deleted alts.

My choppa has tanked city (BB+BE) bosses decently in derp defensive gear+rr. Main tank. 2h choppa. WIN!

I like making my knight anti melee to the extreme. 15pt in Conquest and Vigilance, only extra skill is Vigilance. As much Reduce Armor Pen stuff as I can get (off memory about -10% to your arPen), armor talis galore, Press The Attack! + Stand Strong! + Stay Focused!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative