Ads

population %

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: population %

Post#11 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Spoiler:
CeeJay89 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:53 pm I have switched back to Total War Warhammer or literally anything else than playing here much these days.

I play my dest toons sometimes but I'm just not much of a fan of the factions/models. Weekend scens are wayyyy more fun as dest tho where there are actually lots of meta classes online. On Order you just watch the same 11/12 build of RDPS die again and again.

I know balance changes are partially to blame but Order just refuses to stop playing so RDPS heavy to the point where forming a warband or /5 group is just too much work compared to destro where all classes are far more evenly represented.
The rDPS heavy Order would have to switch en masse, otherwise they're going to go back to their rDPS. The truth of the matter is, when you're on the underpopulated side, rDPS is simply more fun to play because you can actually do something.
Sitting in a keep as an engi is easier than getting ran over for 0 kills as a Slayer thats for sure.

After 12 years I don't expect Order to change. Eventually pop will shift again as it does but the current Order class population is just painful to watch.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:54 pm

The "fun" argument....you mean solo-friendly. Order is full of these ppl...and have a snowball effect. The less Ppl Who want to play in organized wbs, means less wbs and more effort for wb leaders to fill all spots...finally they give up....

Less wbs leaders means more ppl joining the solomeme, etc...

Paxsanarion

Post#13 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm

I am still a relative newbie, I only play Order and I only play tanks and I have to say its quite difficult lately against these odds.....I love being the underdog.......but......I am not sure I could imagine how those who have been playing for years feel......if order has always been this way as far as class composition is concerned :-)

CeeJay89

Post#14 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:08 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:54 pm The "fun" argument....you mean solo-friendly. Order is full of these ppl...and have a snowball effect. The less Ppl Who want to play in organized wbs, means less wbs and more effort for wb leaders to fill all spots...finally they give up....

Less wbs leaders means more ppl joining the solomeme, etc...
Yeah. Fun. Who would have thought people's goals would be to have fun while playing a pc game.

MrBenis

Post#15 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:59 pm

I bought the collector edition of the original game way back in the days, still have the comic book and the warboss pewter figurine..

what killed the original game at the time i stopped was altdorf getting raided 24/7 because chaos faction had too many people and order was running out of steam.

the game survived a few years more than that but this is where it starts, right, the population imbalance.

Flet

Post#16 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 pm

How capable of modeling armor appearances is the private server? You fix this with your own skimpy elves.

Sundowner

Post#17 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:15 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm I am still a relative newbie, I only play Order and I only play tanks and I have to say its quite difficult lately against these odds.....I love being the underdog.......but......I am not sure I could imagine how those who have been playing for years feel......if order has always been this way as far as class composition is concerned :-)
class composition was always like that, because order has several classes oversaturated for endgame meta, but completly denied of other fun aspects, while fun classes are not meta. People like both unique and self-reliant classes and min-maxing wb's is not only way people enjoy game. There is no major disbalance between factions, order just needs to bring meta classes, which is boring. having played both sides, destro classes feel more polished, having better synergies in mastery trees and on destro everything feels easier. even community is more social. But instead of polishing order classes and thinking how they might be brought into meta, devs copy abilities to destro (I think very powerful abilities should be copied to avoid imbalance, but pounce on WE? why?), mess up mastery trees so order's second aoe mdps cannot access 1 viable build anymore, nerf pounce because unguarded sorcs shouldn't be dying in lakes, etc.

Most of these are small changes, but in time they add up and cultivate the enviroment we are now in.

Toshutkidup

Post#18 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am

The rDPS heavy Order would have to switch en masse, otherwise they're going to go back to their rDPS. The truth of the matter is, when you're on the underpopulated side, rDPS is simply more fun to play because you can actually do something.
you mean sit in keeps waiting to be attacked while destro ranks up stars and Order defends with 0/1 star keeps .Then stand in the back and pew pew and or run away when destro mdps walks forward.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am

see this as an appeal. u have toons on order maybe your friends too ?
bored of zerg and no sc pop's? maybe time to spend some time on order !

CeeJay89

Post#20 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:28 am
you mean sit in keeps waiting to be attacked while destro ranks up stars and Order defends with 0/1 star keeps .Then stand in the back and pew pew and or run away when destro mdps walks forward.
Yep, because getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable. Pew pewing and getting easy kills because of DR is. Better rewards and contribution, too. I haven't RvR'd with my Engi in a long time, but I can tell you it's pretty satisfying, win or lose.

You also don't have to worry about buggy insta-pulls when all of Order decides to turn tail. But this mentality isn't going to change until either a) a large portion of Order switches to mDPS/tanks. Good luck with that, when there's only one meaningful mDPS on Order and their tanks are as boring as they come. Or b) The population flips or evens out, which will happen eventually, the former of which will result in Destro being the ones sitting inside a keep waiting for a siege because yep, getting ran over repeatedly isn't all that enjoyable.