Recent Topics

Ads

what happend ?

Let's talk about... everything else
boomcat
Suspended

Re: what happend ?

Post#21 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:33 pm The main reason why Order has been defensive is because Destro had 60-70% continuous population for a few months, it's only this week that it has evened out a bit.

Plus all zones are swarmed with OP roaming Shammy and SH so Order solo roam is dead, with WL and SW nerfed.
using "OP classes" just made me not taking you serious in this topic tbh. go to the cry forum for balance.. im talking about the state of the game atm.. and its not pretty from what i came from.. 6 months ago.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#22 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Most people on Order, especially those not in the few decently populated guilds, are playing the wrong classes. Doesn't shock me most ppl, especially casual, would rather play dest where they can hop on anything and make it work.

Create an open WB on Order sometime and watch the trash flow in. SW, AM, Engi, WH, and the like everywhere. BW is hit or miss on whether you get someone good.

Somehow to this day it is hard to find Knight, Slayer, WP/RP in sufficient numbers when those classes are about all Order has left. All in all, too few tanks, too few heals, too few MDPS.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

AxelF

Post#23 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm Most people on Order, especially those not in the few decently populated guilds, are playing the wrong classes. Doesn't shock me most ppl, especially casual, would rather play dest where they can hop on anything and make it work.

Create an open WB on Order sometime and watch the trash flow in. SW, AM, Engi, WH, and the like everywhere. BW is hit or miss on whether you get someone good.

Somehow to this day it is hard to find Knight, Slayer, WP/RP in sufficient numbers when those classes are about all Order has left. All in all, too few tanks, too few heals, too few MDPS.
The problem is though the 'good' wb classes on order have had the fun sucked out of them. I have a high rr RP and WP and reasonably high rr Knight and IB. When I get bored of running in WBs though, the off spec for all of them has been gutted.

Knight has had all of its useful, interesting and unique tools nerfed into the ground or just removed. RP has had the only viable tool that made them a semi decent DPS pick - the AoE heal debuff - removed as a needless byproduct of the DPS DoK nerf. IBs are suffering massively from only doing physical damage in a game where armour values have gone through the roof with the new gear sets. WP has a really interesting, challenging and fun spec in the melee healer, but it's completely unviable in large scale PvP.

I don't have a high lvl slayer but they're massively dependant on both a pocket tank and a pocket healer. Between work and family I don't have enough time to play with a guild that wants 3 nights a week 7-11, so a guaranteed guard and healer is not happening - you roll the dice in a PUG WB which is ridiculously frustrating and not fun to play.

In the face of that what is the easy answer for people? Roll a self sufficient, kiting ranged class, or a WL (also massively, though probably justifiably nerfed). They're fun and not dependent on others - you can have consistent fun every time you log in. The consequence though is the WB scale action suffers massively. And if enough people take that logical path you end up where we are.

On the other side things are just a bit easier in terms of classes that are fun to play solo/duo, but also perform really well in WBs. Shammy, SH, mara, DoK, Chosen. Sure there are classes like WE/WH that suck equally in WB settings, but as has been said destro has better synergy between more classes at the WB scale, and a lot of those classes also have fun/powerful off specs for that down time when you're not in a WB.

Paxsanarion

Post#24 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:40 pm

AxelF wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 pm Most people on Order, especially those not in the few decently populated guilds, are playing the wrong classes. Doesn't shock me most ppl, especially casual, would rather play dest where they can hop on anything and make it work.

The problem is though the 'good' wb classes on order have had the fun sucked out of them. I have a high rr RP and WP and reasonably high rr Knight and IB. When I get bored of running in WBs though, the off spec for all of them has been gutted.

Knight has had all of its useful, interesting and unique tools nerfed into the ground or just removed. RP has had the only viable tool that made them a semi decent DPS pick - the AoE heal debuff - removed as a needless byproduct of the DPS DoK nerf. IBs are suffering massively from only doing physical damage in a game where armour values have gone through the roof with the new gear sets. WP has a really interesting, challenging and fun spec in the melee healer, but it's completely unviable in large scale PvP.

I don't have a high lvl slayer but they're massively dependant on both a pocket tank and a pocket healer. Between work and family I don't have enough time to play with a guild that wants 3 nights a week 7-11, so a guaranteed guard and healer is not happening - you roll the dice in a PUG WB which is ridiculously frustrating and not fun to play.

In the face of that what is the easy answer for people? Roll a self sufficient, kiting ranged class, or a WL (also massively, though probably justifiably nerfed). They're fun and not dependent on others - you can have consistent fun every time you log in. The consequence though is the WB scale action suffers massively. And if enough people take that logical path you end up where we are.

On the other side things are just a bit easier in terms of classes that are fun to play solo/duo, but also perform really well in WBs. Shammy, SH, mara, DoK, Chosen. Sure there are classes like WE/WH that suck equally in WB settings, but as has been said destro has better synergy between more classes at the WB scale, and a lot of those classes also have fun/powerful off specs for that down time when you're not in a WB.
:? :cry:

Akalukz

Post#25 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:04 pm

AxelF wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:37 pm

This rings true imo as well. Additionally the uniqueness of order has been transferred to destro, so why play order when you can play badass looking destro. If anything we have proven looks matter with all the whining about the appearance nerf.
-= Agony =-

Sayonara

Post#26 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 pm

hello dear game developers. Can I play a game? I want to play a game! WHY I CAN'T INSTALL THE GAME FOR ALREADY THIRD HOUR BECAUSE THE LAUNCHER PLACES THE RED SQUARE IN THE FIELD OF THE WEB SERVER. I JUST WANT TO PLAY, AND NOTHING MORE. Windows xp, 32 bits.
P.S. I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Sayonara wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:14 pm hello dear game developers. Can I play a game? I want to play a game! WHY I CAN'T INSTALL THE GAME FOR ALREADY THIRD HOUR BECAUSE THE LAUNCHER PLACES THE RED SQUARE IN THE FIELD OF THE WEB SERVER. I JUST WANT TO PLAY, AND NOTHING MORE. Windows xp, 32 bits.
P.S. I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Windows XP 32 bit? That might be your problem. Click on the gear in the top right of the launcher and select 32 bit. Also consider upgrading your computer to one from this decade.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

geezereur

Post#28 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 am

boomcat wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:07 pm aye i was very disliking seeing this Ram on the map when i got back worst change ever.. i can live with no fashion looks... but that siege on maps needs to go..
Agreed that is a little bit to much to be able to see ram on the map like that.

Ads
soldude

Post#29 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:35 am

the actual problem is.
That "Return of Supplies" very boring. if u join game 1-2 hour u can dont lock one zone, just watch that Return of Run.

Grock

Post#30 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 am

Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:04 pmIf anything we have proven looks matter with all the whining about the appearance nerf.
Was the decade of commercial games monetizing themselves exclusively from cosmetics not enough of a hint? :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)