Recent Topics

Ads

City matchmaking

Let's talk about... everything else
Rasenmeister

Re: City matchmaking

Post#41 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:59 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:52 pm
I'm sure FMJ will deny this but I would be willing to bet they queued up with only 5 mins to go almost guaranteeing they would be matched with a random PUG. I know this happens and it's an abuse of the system mechanics.
We take last fort with full wb (fmj+ally) and join city after reform WB

Or we must wait, when pug join first? We fight in Altdorf 1 - and when order dont join full wb in city - this is not our problem
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Ads
morglor

Post#42 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:15 pm

Sadly my alliance <GTB> did not have enough to attack city instance one last night. we got city instance 3 after taking time to build decent /5.

Rasenmeister

Post#43 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:00 pm

PlagueMonk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:52 pm
I'm sure FMJ will deny this but I would be willing to bet they queued up with only 5 mins to go almost guaranteeing they would be matched with a random PUG. I know this happens and it's an abuse of the system mechanics.
we have two warbands. We took the forts

Can we get into the aldorf first?
please
Thank you
FMJ
Tristasha/Gunthane

Rasenmeister

Post#44 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:25 pm

join first
altdorf 7

i dont know, how matchmaking work
FMJ
Tristasha/Gunthane

SepticDisaster

Post#45 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:47 pm

All I know is I'm now 0/4 on getting into cities this week. I'm not sure what the magic trick is to get in, I've tried solo, duo, 6 man... 4 thirty minute sessions wasting time in front of a city that never happened. I hate to complain but this sucks.

PlagueMonk

Post#46 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:54 am

SepticDisaster wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:47 pm All I know is I'm now 0/4 on getting into cities this week. I'm not sure what the magic trick is to get in, I've tried solo, duo, 6 man... 4 thirty minute sessions wasting time in front of a city that never happened. I hate to complain but this sucks.
I assume you are playing Dest? If so the answer is simple (and shows the underlying problem with population %)

There are FAR less lvl 40 Order on so any Order that queue will get in while too many lvl 40 Dest = many not having an Order match-up.

Toshutkidup

Post#47 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 am

Again I will say it for the 100000x time.. if you dont have a premade that can compete.. DONT que for city. But they will continue to Que , lose, complain .. but hey free bags right....
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

reistahlen

Post#48 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:35 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 am Again I will say it for the 100000x time.. if you dont have a premade that can compete.. DONT que for city. But they will continue to Que , lose, complain .. but hey free bags right....
It's a "Blame the game, not the player" situation: going to Capital is a 3+ medaillong garanteed in less than an hour. That's two bags including one Gold in zone lock, so WAY more than an hour of RvR. So, yes, going to City unprepared gives less chance of winning, but as long as it is a faster way of earning Medaillins, people (including myself) will go.

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#49 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:57 am

reistahlen wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:35 am
Spoiler:
Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 am Again I will say it for the 100000x time.. if you dont have a premade that can compete.. DONT que for city. But they will continue to Que , lose, complain .. but hey free bags right....
It's a "Blame the game, not the player" situation: going to Capital is a 3+ medaillong garanteed in less than an hour. That's two bags including one Gold in zone lock, so WAY more than an hour of RvR. So, yes, going to City unprepared gives less chance of winning, but as long as it is a faster way of earning Medaillins, people (including myself) will go.
To a certain extent, maybe.
I know many people count their Crest income in how many losses and lucky bags they still need, including myself sometimes, still what directly correlates is the overpopulation on less viable City classes, ending up more people having to go solo.

If neither my guild nor my alliance has a spot, and grouping up with the same people you would meet in a solo queue instance anyway, there’s not much chance of succeeding.

And I say again (and again): Make Royal Crests from City account-bound and leave people the freedom to bring the classes their team needs most.
Less useless classes in City, more instances, hopefully less complaining. At least try.

On the other hand, rewards from RvR are in place at least, ofc you will and should get more from the designated endgame content they belong to.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Banjomissen

Post#50 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:00 am

That’s the issue with city sieges: even if you make a premade you’ll most likely best stomped as it requires you to get the right amount of the right classes. Why shouldn’t all classes have an equal chance of being useful in every aspect of the game? Why does order need to bring 4 slayers, 1-2wl, 1-2bw and then 0-2 of the rest of the dps classes? Same with Destro (they don’t suffer as much as Order but still equal usefulness for all classes).

It’s fair game that to win you need a competent raid leader, comms and ppl willing to follow and learn but the class requirements are just stupid. I think it’s a very bad game design and I don’t see the reason for the endgame content to be such a bad experience for so many players.