Ahhh yes classic destro lobbyist with the good ole

my fragile ego > the health of the server

lmao

buff destro more plz lololol lets just tank the server LMAO /s

Ads
Dominions13

Re: [Zarbix] Talking about class balance

Post#62 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I don't think balance advices should be taken from "average" players like Zarbix, he is a good guy and i like him as a streamer but he stills has a whole lot to learn as a player. Every pvp game should be balanced from the top. Currently SH is in a good spot in top end pvp, he has only one viable spec (mSH) but it's solid and has a place in any destro setup. rSH is still a joke and completely useless to any organised content, their only niche is ganking average players.

VindicoAtrum

Post#63 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Dominions13 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm I don't think balance advices should be taken from "average" players like Zarbix, he is a good guy and i like him as a streamer but he stills has a whole lot to learn as a player. Every pvp game should be balanced from the top. Currently SH is in a good spot in top end pvp, he has only one viable spec (mSH) but it's solid and has a place in any destro setup. rSH is still a joke and completely useless to any organised content, their only niche is ganking average players.
Irony is Zarbix agrees with you on many points. Why was the SW nerfed? SW is nowhere to be seen at the top. Balance changes are often inexplicably random.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#64 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:54 pm

Dominions13 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm I don't think balance advices should be taken from "average" players like Zarbix, he is a good guy and i like him as a streamer but he stills has a whole lot to learn as a player. Every pvp game should be balanced from the top. Currently SH is in a good spot in top end pvp, he has only one viable spec (mSH) but it's solid and has a place in any destro setup. rSH is still a joke and completely useless to any organised content, their only niche is ganking average players.
You dont have to be the uber player to see what's currently wrong with this game. He has a lot of experience, has high level chars and most importantly he is a clever guy. I think his analysis is on point.

leondre25

Post#65 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm

And the thread devolves into arguing about squigg herder. has anyone watched any of the VOD past the first 5 minutes of the stated time or did you just hear him say it has too much and came to turn this into another whine thread about whether or not SH is OP. or you can go to the 5 other threads for that, im sure the devs don't need another thread to ignore until they need a good laugh. lets try to discuss some of the other opinions instead of the squigg back and forth.
i apologize if this post comes off as condescending but theres more to discuss then just Squigg. Lets talk about his opinion on Sorc or Gear or just How classes are tuned.
Is/do you think classes are being buffed upwards or downwards. i.e should sorc receive buffs in utility similar to what all these "reworked classes" are receiving?
Do you think we are reaching a state where gear is similar to that on live?
Do you think WE/WH needed pounce and armor debuff?
What do you think Devs buff/Nerf based on? (we seen classes nerfed for 1v1, 6v6, Warband play, City play)
Why are some changes like a random ability no one really talks or thinks about recieving random nerfs? (chosen and knight 2h nerfs)
some of this is paraphrased ofc but theres so much more to this conversation then going back and forth on squigg
Last edited by leondre25 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Kisser Boy
English can be hard for me. i apologize.

lyncher12

Post#66 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:02 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:36 pm
Irony is Zarbix agrees with you on many points. Why was the SW nerfed? SW is nowhere to be seen at the top. Balance changes are often inexplicably random.
Why was SW nerfed? Probably because having 0 morale permanently is busted as well as broadhead arrow being the highest damage dot while stackable.

Karl

Post#67 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:08 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm another ridiculous moment is at 00:34:00

The SW is rr84
Yep, didn't expect him to almost wreck me when his HP was 2/3...

balvor877
Suspended

Post#68 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:10 pm

leondre25 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm And the thread devolves into arguing about squig herder. has anyone watched any of the VOD past the first 5 minutes of the stated time or did you just hear him say it has too much and came to turn this into another whine thread about whether or not SH is OP. or you can go to the 5 other threads for that, im sure the devs don't need another thread to ignore until they need a good laugh. lets try to discuss some of the other opinions instead of the squigg back and forth.
Because people dont understand why they are giving tons of stuff and buffs to oneclass - the SH - even several times while at the same time nerfing the primary counter of the class (WLs) and making sorcs basically obsolete because SHs are the better 'casters'.

Ads
leondre25

Post#69 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:14 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:10 pm
leondre25 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:55 pm And the thread devolves into arguing about squig herder. has anyone watched any of the VOD past the first 5 minutes of the stated time or did you just hear him say it has too much and came to turn this into another whine thread about whether or not SH is OP. or you can go to the 5 other threads for that, im sure the devs don't need another thread to ignore until they need a good laugh. lets try to discuss some of the other opinions instead of the squigg back and forth.
Because people dont understand why they are giving tons of stuff and buffs to oneclass - the SH - even several times while at the same time nerfing the primary counter of the class (WLs) and making sorcs basically obsolete because SHs are the better 'casters'.
i get that. but reading through this thread is always the same song and dance. Its OP. No Its not OP. No it Is OP. No but look at this class. No but look at that class. No U. No U. No U. No U. Repeat until the thread dies. id rather discuss the more interesting topics he has offered then just have the 8th SH thread where nothing gets discussed
#1 Kisser Boy
English can be hard for me. i apologize.

Dominions13

Post#70 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:19 pm

balvor877 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:10 pm Because people dont understand why they are giving tons of stuff and buffs to oneclass - the SH - even several times while at the same time nerfing the primary counter of the class (WLs) and making sorcs basically obsolete because SHs are the better 'casters'.
See, that's why you balance from the top players and not from random pug player advices. You can argue that both sorc and rsh are pretty bad in organised competitive content, but sorc is still played sometimes, rSH is not. If only, both sorc and rsh needs a buff to be on par with choppa, msh and slayer in competitive content.